Training Friday 20/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 20/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 am

Back in the old routine today at stormy Carrington.That meant the ladders were back in use as I was on the other side of the fence looking through the netting! Why outside I don't really know but it was good while it lasted.It was mentioned that Mancini didn't want anyone at all to watch training anymore but maybe the numbers were just being limited as there were 9 in the dug out today!

Anyway luckily the rain stopped and my brolly was useful just to keep a very warm sun away! The players gathered,21 in total ,and seemed in a very playground type mood.All laughing and joking and quickly shedding extra clothing.The fun and banter carried on through all the initial jogs and stretches and into the first exercise of the day which was an extra large keep ball circle with 16 on the outside and 3 in the middle.

Simple arithmetic will tell you that 2 were missing and that's because Vinnie and Micah did a little work on their own before going inside.I am sure precautionary as they looked ok to me.The keep ball circle lasted a lot longer than I have ever seen it before and it seemed they were intent on getting past the 20 passes mark.The player who cocked up up usually got a barrage of abuse as the fun continued.Plenty of times a player disagreed with a decision as to who made the mistake and that was then sorted by a vote orchestrated by Nigel or Joleon.Then it all ended!

The majority of the players went inside leaving what effectively was the bench outside probably to have some shooting practice as the keepers came over.I decided not to watch this and as I left Mario was doing a strong session with Fausto.I got home for noon so I would guess the session was about 35/40 minutes in total with all the hard work having been done in the past 2 days.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 20/4

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 am

Thanx Doug.

I hope you have not lost your privileges !
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Dissapointing to hear you were on the outside Doug but thanks for the report.

You think this has anything to do with you voicing your opinion on the Mancini out thread or other similar ones on the site? We are playing Wolves away it doesnt seem the right time that you might leak tactics or anything so seems strange to stop it now.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby trout man » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks Doug, hopefully you will be back where you belong ASAP
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Dissapointing to hear you were on the outside Doug but thanks for the report.

You think this has anything to do with you voicing your opinion on the Mancini out thread or other similar ones on the site? We are playing Wolves away it doesnt seem the right time that you might leak tactics or anything so seems strange to stop it now.

I doubt it's anything I said on there.I think the only time I made reference to Mancini on that thread was after I had been told I wouldnt be inside. But I think the aftermath of the Arsenal game, where negative threads either appeared or grew in strength,was significant in the decision. I would have thought in a tiny tiny little way I was good PR for Mancini but maybe not.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Dissapointing to hear you were on the outside Doug but thanks for the report.

I doubt it's anything I said on there.I think the only time I made reference to Mancini on that thread was after I had been told I wouldnt be inside. But I think the aftermath of the Arsenal game, where negative threads either appeared or grew in strength,was significant in the decision. I would have thought in a tiny tiny little way I was good PR for Mancini but maybe not.

So if we all toe the party the line you may get back in ?

Looks like you're fucked then ;-)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I doubt very much that it's to do with what's written on here, or even you being there. I think it's more of us battening down the hatches for the run-in just in case there is a slight chance that we can pull this back/Rags stumble. With Mancini continually keeping stum about us (as appears today also) then he probably wants a closed shop from all concerned and that means minimal people listening in to what could be said.

You never know Doug, a few of our players may even login to see your reports and your opinion on them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Duckman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Stefan is that you?

We love you mate, don't you worry 'bout a thing ;)
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Biamp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Cheers Doug, hopefully you will be back inside sooner rather than later.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

I regret that Doug and by connection, this site has had its privileges withdrawn by the club and having read most of his reports I don't think it is reflective of anything he has written. He has complied with the conditions set and not reported specific info that may have compromised team selection, tactical or strategic security and usually, most of his reports have been of a general nature, positive and supportive of the club.

I think Beefy may be onto the real issue when he says it may be the club are battening down the hatches to protect the club from negative reportage. I can fully understand how the club must feel, particularly the way they have been negatively targeted, ridiculed and lied about, despite the clubs efforts to positively work with the media and treat them well.

I know that the forums are read by the club and by the media and also the more ridiculous posts from the most ridiculous posters are used as evidence of fans' opinions with which to beat the club over the head with. As negative as this place can get on occasion must pale into insignificance when the larger Bluemoon site is considered.

Maybe the club have come to the conclusion that they are wasting their time feeding the sites and then being bitten. If I was involved in the public/media dept at City and read some of the more outlandish, kneejerking shite, I would simply think fuck em!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 pm

If it is a permanent ban, I'm pretty sure it will be down to Bob wanting complete privacy rather than because of any comments. If they allow one person in then it leaves the possibility of Mario bringing his mates, ex players, etc etc.

If I was manager of the club, no fucker would get near the place whilst we were training, unless I declared it an open session.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If it is a permanent ban, I'm pretty sure it will be down to Bob wanting complete privacy rather than because of any comments. If they allow one person in then it leaves the possibility of Mario bringing his mates, ex players, etc etc.

If I was manager of the club, no fucker would get near the place whilst we were training, unless I declared it an open session.

It's not complete privacy unless the 9 allowed in today constitutes complete privacy!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I can agree with you to some point Ted but it does seem that there has been a change of policy within the club towards how the club deals with the media and outside bodies such as forums and the club have decided to take steps to protect themselves.

If you look at the public comments now generally coming from the club, mainly from Mancini and occasionally the players, they seem to reflect an isolationist type of stance. Issues like refereeing are being stated but there is a refusal to expand on them, They simply remain statements. Mancini's reticence to discuss the title run in, individual players and other club issues and his and the players comments being solely focused on City and what we do, seem to confirm that.

Maybe it is something the club have decided as future policy. Do enough to comply with what is publicly necessary and no more.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If it is a permanent ban, I'm pretty sure it will be down to Bob wanting complete privacy rather than because of any comments. If they allow one person in then it leaves the possibility of Mario bringing his mates, ex players, etc etc.

I would be exaclty the same and that goes for anyone other than training coaches,medics and players...I would not allow anyone else in...its just madness looking at tactics , set ups etc that could be leaked into the media.

Unlucky for Doug as we all enjoy the reports but it really is an intelligent decision by Mancini.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I would be exaclty the same and that goes for anyone other than training coaches,medics and players...I would not allow anyone else in...its just madness looking at tactics , set ups etc that could be leaked into the media.

Unlucky for Doug as we all enjoy the reports but it really is an intelligent decision by Mancini.

It may not be just about Doug, or Mancini for that matter. We just might never know why but it is a shame for Doug and us fans not to get an inside peek at what goes on behind the scenes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Socrates » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Even the information as to which players are only partially training is potentially useful to the opposition. I'm amazed it's been allowed this long.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Even the information as to which players are only partially training is potentially useful to the opposition. I'm amazed it's been allowed this long.

You see...its not hard is it..you agree and its obvious you agree...and there was no sniff of being a wanker involved.

Smashing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

No problem with the thrust of that Carl but just 2 responses. First to my knowledge (and I think to City as well) there has never been a leak of tactics or set ups and second if they were to stop anyone going in to watch why would there always be between 2 and 10 people in there everyday even now when I am excluded.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

No problem with the thrust of that Carl but just 2 responses. First to my knowledge (and I think to City as well) there has never been a leak of tactics or set ups and second if they were to stop anyone going in to watch why would there always be between 2 and 10 people in there everyday even now when I am excluded.

I reckon that leaks are bound to happen in one way or another when you have non playing staff , coaches etc inside watching whats going on.

Re the second point ..do you know who these other people are? if thye are jo public mates of mates then it does not make any sense.

Baffling.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to Training Reports