Training Thursday 26/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 26/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Not the best weather to watch in but at least no rain to start with as the full squad came out.I think there were 21 for starters ,maybe 22 as Suarez was there,and I don't think anyone was missing.The keepers were down my end with the rest a good 80 /100 yards away.

After the initial gentle jogs to warm up they got into a handball game which lasted much longer than normal but they were really enjoying it from all the laughter ringing around.I say handball but I think it was getting towards Aussie Rules based on some of the kicking from hand that was going on.That part ended when somebody scored amidst noisy celebrations and it was off for some specific fitness exercises in and out of poles,rope ladders and cones.

Then Mancini took the full defensive unit ,including "holding" midfielders away for some work leaving the rest to play a 6 a side game. Good to see Edin and Mario getting plenty of goals and also a bit of the old magic returning to Silva.Mancini was being meticulous as usual with his work and stopping the flow regularly to ram home a point with the defenders. Joe Hart was right in front of me and got an injury which caused him to make a lot of noise. Not an injury at all really but he was in his best acting mode as he rolled around feigning injury.Nice of him to ask me why I had been relegated.He said it couldnt be because of the numbers inside today as there were about 10!

Mancini then swapped the groups around to work with the attacking unit and leave the defenders to play 6 a side.By this time it had been raining for a while and very heavily.Watching the attacking group listening intently to Mancini whilst the rain was bouncing down was actually quite funny.I was lucky enough to be under a brolly.Much of this time I had been enjoying chatting to 2 true blues who had come down to see what they could see and maybe get a few autographs.Hope they got shelter through the worst of the rain.The bunch of photographers on the other side would certainly have got a thorough soaking. Shame!

The 6 a side game with the defenders seemed more intense than it had been for the attacking players.Maybe not as many goals made it that way and as the others finished their work the game was getting quite tense waiting for the winning goal. It came from... not sure who actually as it's a long way through a curtain but I think it was either Micah or Kolo but the celebrations were good.

That was about it.A few probably stayed for some shooting practice but even with a brolly I had had enough.The pitch they were on is one of the worst for viewing now for me so hopefully it will be better next time.The pitch nearest to Sale Sharks has been dug up completely and will be relaid/reseeded for the pre season work in June/July.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 26/4

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

are you still outside the wire??...edit, I think you are....any explanation as to why the exdougcommunication?

good reportage Mr H
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 pm

ant london wrote:are you still outside the wire??...edit, I think you are....any explanation as to why the exdougcommunication?

good reportage Mr H

I reckon it must be down to a comment that the powers that be didnt like (Not that I can think of any)...it cannot be anything else.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby paddyblue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

"a bit of the old magic returning to Silva" thats what we need for monday

any way of finding out why you were excluded doug? or is it permanent?
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Sterling work Doug, cheers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I've missed these TRs Doug, hopefully they'll change their view on you being inside.

Cheers pal, your efforts do not go unnoticed. By us anyway.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Cheers Doug. Presumably then YT gets to join both sessions with Bob ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ruralblue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Good report as always Doug! I just wonder if your on the outside recently with the massive week ahead we have?, maybe?

Anyways top bombing and look forward to these threads!

Jim x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby littlebig » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Excellent work Douglas, top dedication.

It's such a brilliant treat and a privilege for the fans to get this insight of the banter and competition going on with the squad and team at training. As long as Doug isn't revealing sensitive info like tactics and if he isn't painting the club in a bad light then there should be no risk to the club. I hope the powers that be keep our trusted man on the inside cos when the new facility is built it's goodnight Irene for stepladders over the fence.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 pm

ruralblue wrote:Good report as always Doug! I just wonder if your on the outside recently with the massive week ahead we have?, maybe?

Jim x

No I am fairly sure it's nothing to do with the game next week.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Good report as always Doug! I just wonder if your on the outside recently with the massive week ahead we have?, maybe?

Jim x

No I am fairly sure it's nothing to do with the game next week.

Well whatever It Is Its a Damn Shame . Thanks for your time and effort Doug Really appreciate It,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks Doug, as ever. Fuckin pissed off about it as no doubt your good self. You made em seem human. Now not so sure.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to Training Reports