Training Thursday 3/5

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 3/5

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Glad I took the brolly today as it kept the sun off so I didnt get a burnt head! Could have done with something to keep the flies away though. A 2pm start today and early to come out were Suarez and Mario then followed by Pizzaro and Clichy and the rest following out very slowly.

The pitch nearest to Sale Sharks has been fully dug up and no doubt targeted to be ready by the new season.I wonedered what to expect today as I am still buzzing from Monday but it had a clear business as usual feel to it all.Owen Hargreaves doing his usual pre training exercises and running and the rest all milling around chatting and kicking balls about till Mancini gathers them all together.Tuesday had been warm down day and Wednesday a full day off so today was the first training day back.

The 20 players broke into 2 groups for exercises and then into 3. Sharon was snapping away so expect plenty on the award winning club website.There was fun within the group but nothing exessive( not as much as I have seen at other times even) but when Yaya got Lombardo in a headlock I don't think he was too amused by the sounds he was making!

Then into some football and a passing game but it didnt have the competitive edge I have seen at times and then Mancini got a team together for some work on shape/formation and then attacking plays.The remaining players played a keep ball circle but without too much energy being used.The teams swapped over for similar work before the end game started.

And it started with some good action and good efforts on goal from Edin and Sergio but the keepers,Costel and Stu, made good saves.The best save though came from Stu keeping out a shot from Kolarov with the aid of the bar.Then came the Monday night repeat ( almost anyway) as Vinnie rose to meet a corner.The header was saved well by Stu but Vinnie was first to the rebound to score much to the enjoyment of his team AGAIN. Sergio scored soon after as the goals started to come. Hargreaves fouled and hurt Tevez.But, while there was concern over the injury,Carlos took the free kick quickly and almost broke through but the return pass was overhit.

Another great save,this time from Costel from a Mario shot before a Kolarov cross shot ended the contest.Even then there were more goals from Milner ( a fter a great Zaba run and pass) and Suarez set free on the right side.The whistle blew and most went straight in but Kolo spent some more time working and a bunch had some shooting practice ED,SA,AK,JM,DP.

Overall not the most intense session but what seemed to me a sensible productive one.One more full session tomorrow before the big game. Cant wait.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 3/5

Postby brite blu sky » Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Cheers Douglas, good to hear they are keeping cool. Strictly business now.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks Doug.

Was Hart training?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Douglas are you still on the outside?
I hope City have a re think.

Great report.

I hope the lads aren't having a drink at the POY awards.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby littlebig » Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks Douglas,

Always love to read these reports, makes me feel closely connected with the club

Long may they last
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Goataldo » Thu May 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Good stuff.

Maybe take a Rag on a leash next time to attract the flies away? If it's hot, make him waft you with a palm leaf to keep cool. And kick him if he breaks rhythm. And then tether him to a post and leave him there afterwards.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug.

Was Hart training?

I couldnt possibly say :) He'll be fine.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Fri May 04, 2012 1:45 am

Cheers Doug, great read as usual. Was Hart involved in the session?? Hope he will be fine for Sunday.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Moses » Fri May 04, 2012 5:27 am

Do you think Hargreaves is a sure starter on Sunday?
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 04, 2012 7:08 am

Shame for Hargreaves that the rags doctors fucked him up so badly. You'd think medics at such a massive club would know what they're doing, wouldn't you?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Crossie » Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Shame for Hargreaves that the rags doctors fucked him up so badly. You'd think medics at such a massive club would know what they're doing, wouldn't you?

I really thought we'd see far more of him, especially after his goal and performance early in the season vs (Brum?) So much for the youtube video's!!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to Training Reports