Training Saturday 12/5

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 12/5

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I have been unable to walk for a week and sadly had to miss the last day's training before the big game tomorrow. Neil from BlueMoon made it though and did this report:

Outside the iron curtain so hard to see through the single mesh that's up, a bit gutting when there are around 20 others inside!

The usual warm ups and drills followed by the stretching and ball circles.

As we've always said the spirit is very good and the good thing about today was that there was nothing different to any other day.
All present and correct, Sergio sporting some new style boots, i'm sure he'll be displaying them tomorrow, everyone from back to front looked on their game and there were no injuries or minor scares either.

The game at the end was entertaining a decent back post headed finish from Gaz Baz, so tremendous footwork on the wing by Sergio created a chance for Silva which he buried. A decent reply from Dzeko at the other end, after about an hour in total it all came to an end, i was really pleased with what i saw today.

It's a shame DH wasn't there to see the final session of the season, i believe he's not been too good, let's hope he gets his deserved place back inside for next season.

I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to us and our club, but i watched in total awe at some of the movement and passing today, i even allowed myself a little daydream, but then reality kicked me back to normal type and back to the fingernails.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 12/5

Postby feedthegreek » Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 pm

cheers doug good to see everybody seems fine, cant wait for tomorrow, hope your better soon.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Cheers Doug, hope you are feeling better soon and let's hope that pass is re-instated for next season.

You've done a sterling job this season and may I take this opportunity to say a massive thanks from me, and most probably the rest of our supporters. You, and NMT also, have been real Legends pal, may it long continue.

Take a bow son.

(Round of applause)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Cheers Doug, as others have said hope you get better soon mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby bluechester » Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm

doug can i say i know this is not your post but when the traning report from yours is posted always the first i read, get well & enjoy the ride tomoz
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Vantage » Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Doug is my player of the season. Get well and cheers for your excellent reporting - so called journalists take note!
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks all and a big thanks to Neil for today and for being great company through the season.Always a pleasure just to go and watch the training and a massive priviledge to have been inside and so close to the players for a few months.It adds something to be reporting back and being able to give some small insights to what's really happening.

Roll on tomorrow and just one more quality home performance to round off what would be a well deserved title.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Doug, your threads along with Chinners are always the ones I go to first and if busy the only ones! Truly appreciated. Hope your feeling tons better and tomorrow gives you the payback you deserve for all your reports!

c.t.i.d.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby littlebig » Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Vantage wrote:Doug is my player of the season

I'll second that. Forum's MVP for the season. Brilliant.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby paul_oresteia » Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Get well soon Doug! I third that MVP shout. Your training reports have been awesome...I always really look forward to them!
paul_oresteia
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Adam Johnson

Postby dazby » Sun May 13, 2012 4:05 am

As the cliche goes, "thanks Doug."
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Sorry for my tardiness in posting ... I forget these babies are tucked away. I hope you are well Doug, a true deserving legend if ever there was one ... you had better get a pass again next season fella. A+++
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ant london » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am

Chinners wrote:Sorry for my tardiness in posting ... I forget these babies are tucked away. I hope you are well Doug, a true deserving legend if ever there was one ... you had better get a pass again next season fella. A+++

Have you been in contact with the club at all re next season Doug??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

ant london wrote:
Chinners wrote:Sorry for my tardiness in posting ... I forget these babies are tucked away. I hope you are well Doug, a true deserving legend if ever there was one ... you had better get a pass again next season fella. A+++

Have you been in contact with the club at all re next season Doug??

Planning to e mail Vicky this week and see if anything can be sorted for the new season and ideally the pre season training for starters.She suggested I did this at the end of June anyway and I just hope that they (Roberto) will see the value in letting me back inside and feeding back stuff to forums. City have shown they like to keep fans feeling close to the club and up to date with whats going on. Inside City has been really well received as has the tunnel cam, so in my own sweet, miniscule way that's all I want to be able to do.How can they say no?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Planning to e mail Vicky this week and see if anything can be sorted for the new season and ideally the pre season training for starters.She suggested I did this at the end of June anyway and I just hope that they (Roberto) will see the value in letting me back inside and feeding back stuff to forums. City have shown they like to keep fans feeling close to the club and up to date with whats going on. Inside City has been really well received as has the tunnel cam, so in my own sweet, miniscule way that's all I want to be able to do.How can they say no?
I hope you didn't spell it like that in your missive to Vicky - she's got a degree in Latin you know!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to Training Reports