Training Tuesday 7/8

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 7/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Back at last! I popped along this morning in the pouring rain to find they wouldnt be out till 3pm but I did manage to bump into Geoff Shreeves who arrived in a taxi ( there was a photo shoot of some kind) He was somewhat confused when I asked him if anyone had told him his accreditation at Carrington had been revoked!

Back at 3pm at least the rain had stopped and I wandered round to the Sale Sharks side where they were setting up up.I say wandered but really it was hard work thrashing through the undergrowth with my ladder! Not that easy to see but for the first time ever I was thankful for photographers who have made a hole which I was able to look through and see just enough.

Barry was already out just doing running work while Kidd,Fausto and others were setting up.The players came out slowly and after the keepers ,first was Suarez followed by a young lad with afro type hair. Not sure who he is! Maybe Pozo? (looked good though) One impressive thing I did notice was the quality of the pitch.Last time I saw it it had been reseeded and today it was perfect.

The only player apart from Barry not involved when they all got out was Micah. Great to see the skipper there even if only at the start as he then went away to work with a physio and just did running.The group were in great spirits as you would expect and this was possibly the first training session where they were all together doing the same work since least season.Mario has started with a blonde stripe on his head and matching yellow boots!

Nothing special at all in the training with gentle jogging followed by a little more harder running.Then a game of keep ball and all the time I could hear Joe Hart's voice in the background as he was going through some hard with with the rest of the keepers. Gunnar Neilsen maybe as number 3 this season?

Best thing in the passing game was to see David Silva's touch as silky as ever.The guy is a joy to watch but it was good to see a competitive session like this with good effort and quality all round.Then it was time for Mancini to take a team away for some tactical work in preparation for the game on Sunday.The remaining players just carried on with some routines and then a keep ball exercise.After about 15 minutes the groups swapped around before it was time for the game at the end.

Plenty of early efforts on goal but nobody really looked like scoring. Nigel,Dennis and then Sergio with an acrobatic effort were closest before Yaya headed wide.A brilliant recovery from Gael stopped what would have been a cert. Silva and Milner were working superbly together,Joleon looking strong and composed. Jl seemed to catch Aguero in one incident but he got no sympathy from anyone. Nigel smacked him on the bum and told him to get up.Then Nigel missed the best chance of the match sidefooting wide from the center of the goal.

Carlos came the closest when he made space superbly and hit the bar before the golden goal shout came up. And from nowhere it was mario who found space to toe punt one past Joe from fairly close range. His reaction was no surprise as he moves away and starting taking his shirt off.2 shirts and a bib actually so it took a while but then came the victory pose as his team mates came over laughing.

All good fun and glad to be back even though the wrong side of the fence.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 7/8

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Hurrah, I feel the season has started now. Cheers Doug as always .... I take it you will be allowed back in proper soon?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm

It's official, the new season is almost here as Doug's reports are back! Cheers!!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 pm

thanks doug
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Chinners wrote:Hurrah, I feel the season has started now. Cheers Doug as always .... I take it you will be allowed back in proper soon?

I doubt I will get back inside again but never say never.

Looks like the newbee was Omar abdulrahman. Looked good.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh, we're back. Cheers Doug, just a shame you aren't on the other side of the fence.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Looks like the newbee was Omar abdulrahman. Looked good.

yay doug's back...and, the omar has landed! happy days!!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Chinners wrote:Hurrah, I feel the season has started now. Cheers Doug as always .... I take it you will be allowed back in proper soon?

I doubt I will get back inside again but never say never.

Looks like the newbee was Omar abdulrahman. Looked good.

Cheers Doug my heart skipped a beat when i saw this thread - glad you were able to at least see something. Omar just arrived last night, and started his trial today - hopefully it works out, as i believe he's only 20 years old.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

also doug being that you said everyone was back but micah and barry, does that mean vinnie was a full participant?
BmoreBlue

Postby littlebig » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Fookin Yay. The gift that keeps on giving.

Excellent work as always Mr Higginbottom
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby C & C » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 pm

whoo hoo!! Thanks Doug!
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby blue wine » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Thx doug.

The guy with the is Omar Abdulrahman. He is having a 2week trail. He was quite impressive at the olympics.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby darwenblue86 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Great to have the reports back even if you are on the wrong side of the fence. Cheers Doug, an excellent read as always :)
darwenblue86
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:39 pm

ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Back at last! I popped along this morning in the pouring rain to find they wouldnt be out till 3pm
Back at 3pm at least the rain had stopped and I wandered round to the Sale Sharks side where they were setting up up.I say wandered but really it was hard work thrashing through the undergrowth with my ladder! Not that easy to see but for the first time ever I was thankful for photographers who have made a hole which I was able to look through and see just enough.

You Sir are a Gentleman and a scholer ( and theres not many of us left :) ) It feels like the world is back on the right axel again .Thanx Doug .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:also doug being that you said everyone was back but micah and barry, does that mean vinnie was a full participant?

I think Vinnie was only there 'at the start as he then went away to work with a physio and just did running'

And this Omar lad.. I'm not convinced. Saw some skill from him at the Olympics but he still does have work to do to prove me he's worth a place in the team.
If he's cheap and all I think it makes sense business-wise, promoting us even more in that part of the world. (same goes for the Biton lad)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 pm

He's a youngster. We sign players who are young with potential. He doesn't necessarily have to be good enough to get in the team now this second. Just one day potentially...

I definitely saw enough in the three games he played though. He was as good as anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRDvMS_Zoo
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Doug is back and we can start thinking about what we've got, not worrying about who we'll get(thank God the threat of the r-pis- seems to be receding). In some ways Doug, though it is more uncomfortable for you, being outside may be better in that you are not beholden to anyone and can tell it like it is even more.Your stuff is by far the best City thing on the web and a relief from listening to the childish morons on the Bluemoon transfer thread(more fool me for logging on)Here's to more rungs to your ladder!
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Sharing the love.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:also doug being that you said everyone was back but micah and barry, does that mean vinnie was a full participant?

I think Vinnie was only there 'at the start as he then went away to work with a physio and just did running'

for whatever reason i completely skipped the word "skipper" and just assume he was still talking about micah. as long as he's fit for southampton, i'll be pleased.
BmoreBlue

Next

Return to Training Reports