Training Friday 24/8

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 24/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 am

Back on the best pitch for me for viewing. Hellos from Kidd and Fausto and then from Mario as he came to the fencing to retrieve a ball, a nice start.A few photographers around plus schoolkids milling about hoping for a ball to come over.17 on show today plus 4 keepers but no AJ apparently talking with Sunderland.Good to see Nigel still with us and fully at it.

All the usual looseners and then they broke into two groups for some specific fitness routines.Then Mancini took a team off to another pitch for some tactical work.Always makes me smile they do the tactical work on a pitch which is the most accessible to the watching cameras! Mostly this work was on team shape and movements but some stuff on corners as well.Then the personel was changed and similar work done with the "new" team.

Back across then for the game and Massimo kept Joe and Panti for some more work with him leaving Gunnar and and Italian keeper for the game.I think I have missed the Italian keeper joining.At least he sounded Italian when a ball flew past his outstretched hand,hit the post,bounced back to hit him on the head and back into the net.

The game was enjoyable and interesting as the team with probably most of the ball didnt win. Chances created and spurned,some excellent defending and 1 or 2 very good saves.At the other end Edin was in great form scoring a hat trick and the best was the 3rd a left footer which flew into the far corner and stuck in the stanchion.(is that really a word?)

No hints of Nigel moving on which is the same as yesterday. Played the game like he really meant it and had some good tussles with Razak who also looked good.Some good interplay between Silva and Milner took the eye and the same goes for SN/YT and CT. Boyata although generally defending well did have his hand up appealling for offside a lot... and now I hear he is off on another season long loan.

Almost the last action in the game was Edin smacking the post beofre they all stopped for drinks.Half went in and most of the rest had some shooting practice which really got the watching kids excited as they hoped for a ball to come over the fence.Mancini used the time for some 1 to 1 chats with different players,Kidd spent some time talking with Rodders, Lombardo working with Savic and some quality finishing which must ,for a while, have made the Italian keeper wonder why he was bothering. Good session.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 24/8

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Hearing that Nige is so involved fills me with joy if only he'd sign a new deal we wouldnt be fucking around looking at other players.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby chips » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Cheers Doug, great as always! But the problem that keeps popping up is that we have a lot of possession but piss away all the chances we create. More clinical finishing is needed.
chips
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 pm

chips wrote:Cheers Doug, great as always! But the problem that keeps popping up is that we have a lot of possession but piss away all the chances we create. More clinical finishing is needed.

Edin was clinical.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
chips wrote:Cheers Doug, great as always! But the problem that keeps popping up is that we have a lot of possession but piss away all the chances we create. More clinical finishing is needed.

Edin was clinical.

Mancini just does not rate him and wants him to be replaced IMO.
Mancini also denied there had been any approaches for striker Edin Dzeko.

"No, not at the moment," he said.

On a side note , I quite liked the Training report from the OS...they are getting better,short and sweet,but there are some things in there that are fun to read.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... ort-Aug-24?
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Well, there's a Chekhov's gun if I ever saw one ... Did any balls fly over the fence or not?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

mr_nool wrote:Well, there's a Chekhov's gun if I ever saw one ... Did any balls fly over the fence or not?

2 .One was thrown back and the other nicked by a scum oik!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Well, there's a Chekhov's gun if I ever saw one ... Did any balls fly over the fence or not?

2 .One was thrown back and the other nicked by a scum oik!

Cheers Doug! The suspense was killing me!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bhfanatic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

According to Bosnia media, Dzeko's on his way out, as Mancini made a deal with Juventus to swap Dzeko for Jovetic...

Any of this true?
bhfanatic
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

We're selling a striker...one of the four strikers we need to compete in this league/champions league/etc...for a midfielder which we already have too many of?

Thanks Brian.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Read both OS and dougs and dougs is much better, the OS has pictures. Not a patch on doug.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby user71 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm

bhfanatic wrote:According to Bosnia media, Dzeko's on his way out, as Mancini made a deal with Juventus to swap Dzeko for Jovetic...

Any of this true?

you know how all the news get into the bosnian media...it's all a hear-say...no approach by Juve has been made as Mancini said today in the press conference...and other than that, even though many say Mancini doesn't rate him during the preseason he kept saying that Edin is going nowhere...

what we could see in the last match is that once he was on the pitch Tevez came a lot deeper and Edin was more in the box than last season...and if this training report is to go by, he's getting his form back...
user71
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 pm

I hope those tactical sessions have resolved the defensive problems from the Saints game, I don't want to see a repeat of that centre back pairing in the second half again. You could've sailed the Titanic in between Vinny and Joleon with room to spare! Definitely a good idea we're working on shooting, we could have had 20 against Saints on another day.

Thanks as always Doug!
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Return to Training Reports