Training Wednesday 29/8

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 29/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm

After a day off it was back to work at Carrington with everyone bar Sergio and Micah and a bunch from the EDS to help out (RW/RM/JH/FM/LS and AN) RSC still with the group and surprisingly to me so was Dedryk as I though he had gone on loan.Security on view again today plus others trying to fix the curtains wherever there were holes!

Early jogging was followed by a split into 3 groups for some serious fitness work. It was over on the furthest pitch away which just happens to have no "curtain" to stop the viewing which made a nice change.

Quite a tough albeit shortish session this one followed by a pass and move session which was also quite strong.Then it was over for some shooting practice.Another good sharp session where the players did a couple of one twos before finishing with a shot on goal. Some decent finsishing ,excellent saves and my pick of the bunch would be Jack Rodwell with some really composed finishes.

Then the boss took them all away for some tactical work and then for a sort of game on a full pitch although it was more like 11 against 9. Plenty of attacking play of course but I got the feeling that Mancini was probably more concerned with the defensive unity.Not just of the team being put under pressure but also of the attacking team in the event of a breakaway as he maintained a position at half w ay to see the positional play closely.

Then a game to finish with on about half a pitch.Not everyone took part in the game ( no names ,I will leave that to the OS!) But an early goal with a really good finish at the back post from Nigel from a Milner cross.Not much to aim at but he squeezed it in.The game was good with defences just about winning the day until a great fast cross from Gael was met by Edin with a top header.Very quickly after that Edin got a short pass and sidefooted a right footer into the corner for another quality finish.

A late bit of serious action was a tackle by Kolarov on Carlos just as he was about to score.Made me wince a little but it was good and so was Carlos.As with his finishing Rodders stood out for me with good quality in a deep lying role.Overall a good session ,everyone in good spirits and quite a long one as well today.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 29/8

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks Doug.

Good stuff as always & much superior to the imitations.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks for the effort mate!
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Risby » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Love reading these, thanks Doug.
Glad to hear lots of emphasis is on the defensive part of our game whilst attacking.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby user71 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks Doug. Brilliant report once again.

Seems like Edin is doing great again in training, hopefully he'll get his chance in the next match from the off.
user71
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby phips » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:51 pm

thank you Douglas
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby littlebig » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks Doug
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks as ever Doug. One thing I particularly like about Mancini is his attention to detail in training as you show time after time in your posts. That's why he is so upset not to have his full squad for the year available at the beginning of the year. He's asking for a little much because it's not easy to nail down transfers that quickly.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Return to Training Reports