Training Friday 14/9

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 14/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:47 am

Back again at Carrington with Blue Moons NMT and all was great as the 21 came out to train and then the rain came!! Not a problem although it does make viewing that little bit harder as it puts a sheen on the curtain we have to peer through :)

Everyone out there today apart from Micah so good to see Sergio and Zaba involved.It was all set up for the day before a game session involving small nets (one touch) and then big nets (only headers can score).First up though after a little jog around was 2 keep ball circles which, for our benefit I am sure, were right by the fencing we were behind. Nice to get a close up view and feel for the team spirit and togetherness which seems great.There maybe a group of new players out there but they have blended in seemlessly.Plenty of fun even if didnt have some of the volume I have often seen when Nigel or Micah were involved.

Then into the 2 games,which to be fair are probably mostly about fun and pass/move stuff than scoring goals.The only goal I saw in the small nets was quite long distance, sidefooted in by Edin and then in the full nets it was Edin again from an AK cross.Before the final "match" they went through some short sharp fitness routines withthe emphasis seemingly on "don't be last".

Joe Hart came over for the match with Wright to be in the other net.The first thing to notice was when Maicon cushioned a header back to Joe and then sprinting to receive the throw in the attacking penalty area! Shortly after Joe found AK with another clearance,he met it with a volleyed cross which Edin then met on the volley but it went just over. Almost perfection.

Also almost perfection was some skill from Silva which finished with him shooting just wide with his right foot.Sergio chased what looked like a lost cause to get a great cross in.It told me he is close to fit again if not there already.Some good defensive play from Garcia to keep Nasri out,Joe shouting to Nasti ( not Nasri) so it looks like his nickname is confirmed. A superb cross was almost converted by Mario (doesnt look anything wrong with Mario) before it was Nasri who opened the scoring with a strong right foot shot.
This might not have happened in a match as a head on tackle wasnt won and the ball broke to Samir.

Almost immediately Kolarov scored with a typical shot and quickly followed by another from Edin.Both these two looking especially confident. Then it all ended with a move started by Silva,via Kolarov for Mario to score.That was that but Mancini called them all together for a final briefing before they went in. Not always a regular thing but after a break for the internationals my guess is it was a reminder,if needed, of how important the Stoke game is.

A few stayed out for some shooting practice (JM,MB,SS and AR) Mancini picked off a few players for a chat,Kolo stayed for some extra defending work and Sergio did some extra running work with Carminati
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 14/9

Postby Duckman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

thank you Doug.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks Doug, how's silva looking? Reckon he is close to his old self? Wonder will he start sat.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Thanks Doug, how's silva looking? Reckon he is close to his old self? Wonder will he start sat.

I think there have been good signs so far this season that he is close and this week he has looked good.There again he usually does.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Doug, top read.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Well the OS arent as prolific as you are Douglas , IMHO i still think they missed a trick.

Keep up the good work.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks Doug, gold as always.
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks Doug. So good to read yr reports again which means we're close to playing again. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Cheers
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby bhfanatic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Cheers Doug
bhfanatic
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Whassat » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks for the rep Doug.

We will see if this Garcia and Roddy business are what the club needs to move forward. Personally I'll miss our dutch bulldog.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby steelsnail » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

thx doug . i always look forward to reading these reports .
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 pm

cheers Doug!
took me a while to figure out who is SS but eventually got it.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

why can't i figure out who AR is.......

Edit: Razak?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks Doug, as always, an excellent report. Please ensure you're well insulated from the cold and rain mate...not good at your age :-)

One question; Now that you've been exiled, with little chance of getting back in. do you feel as obliged to keepas quiet about some things as you did, or have you changed to a "tell it as it is policy"?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 pm

john68 wrote:Thanks Doug, as always, an excellent report. Please ensure you're well insulated from the cold and rain mate...not good at your age :-)

One question; Now that you've been exiled, with little chance of getting back in. do you feel as obliged to keepas quiet about some things as you did, or have you changed to a "tell it as it is policy"?

The thought did cross my mind but no I am a City fan so I won't be going around shouting about stuff like the tabloids would.

Maybe little chance but better than none at all :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:17 pm

phips wrote:why can't i figure out who AR is.......

Edit: Razak?

haha Razak it was and I think he will agree he needs some shooting practice based on what I saw today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Why has no one asked how Garcia, Nasti or Maicon looked? Or even Sinclair?

Doug...how did they look? :)
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm

twosips wrote:Why has no one asked how Garcia, Nasti or Maicon looked? Or even Sinclair?

Doug...how did they look? :)

Good! As I said they have just slotted in as if they had always been there and of course in the pure football sense they fit in well as they are quality players.It's only one session where they played some football and only on half a pitch.Garcia played in that deeper midfield role,reads things well and looked quality in one to one situations.

Nasti likes a tackle and will learn when to get stuck in and when to hold off but took up great defensive positions when the ball went wide.Sinclair has a decent touch on him but with the confined spaces it's not that easy for him to play to his strengths.I would think Mancini will be happy with what he has seen.

Maicon is clearly lacking in experience but will learn from Micah when he gets back.Seems to like to get forward though but as he was on the far side of the pitch I didn't pick out much of what he did apart from that trademark run right at the start.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Maicon is clearly lacking in experience but will learn from Micah when he gets back.

Like it Doug, cheers mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Maicon is clearly lacking in experience but will learn from Micah when he gets back.

Like it Doug, cheers mate.

So far no training done this season on the pitch "your" tree overlooks! The one nearest me was occupied by two young lads today who did some good foliage lopping to improve their view.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports