Training Monday 17/9

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 17/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Just me at Carrington today as Neil (Bluemoon ) is recovering after rowing the channel.Congrats Neil gr8 effort.Happily everyone on show this morning apart from Micah and he came out a little late for some 1 to 1 with the fitness coach.All the cameras in evidence today as it's the day before a CL game and after a longish initial briefing,they saw Mancini take all the defenders away for some specific work right at the start.

The rest all did gentle exercises before all came back together for 2 large keep ball circles and some fun.The voices I heard most were Zaba,Edin ,Lescott and some Maicon and Mario but there was plenty of good banter flying around and a bit of Vinnie flying around too.He does like sliding in during these sessions. Change then into a handball game leading into some 1 and 2 touch passing games.Ivan led these and he likes to switch from 1 to 2 touch and back to keep them on their toes.Saw some nice touches from Nasti and if I am not mistaken he looks quite comfortable on both feet.

Next the game where 5 passes are needed before a headed goal can be scored. Defences on top here and with no Micah around no goals either .He loves goal hanging for heading goals :) Finally it was a 3 touch game with small nets and again no goals.One weird one where I think Yaya was expecting to score but the nets moved ! looked like that to me and Yaya was a bit baffled!

A few more short sharp sprint exercises before the game and a few went in leaving it at 7 a side. Only 7 a side will usually mean plenty of goals and I missed 2 early ones sorting out the best viewing spot I could get. Clichy and Sinclair were working separately while the game was going on.The keepers today were Wright and Johansen and quickly I saw 2 excellent team goals scored by Edin and Milner and then a lovely cheeky one from Kun as he chipped the ball over the advancing keeper at very close range.

Plenty of goals as expected and next was Silva as he ran through more in hope than anything but Zaba's shot was complete mishit and David just tickled it in as hands went up for offside.Next was another clever Kun goal as he found the far corner with the outside of his right foot.Then a sweet goal from Mario from a 1 two where he showed really quick feet in front of the keeper switching it from right to left.Edin immediately replied with a typical curler just inside the far post. Zaba got a great block on a Mario shot which seemed to hurt Mario but he was soon fine.

Kun then showed amazing strength to hold off defenders inside the 6 yard area to turn and poke the ball home and at the other end Edin did similar in a tussle with the keeper only to be fouled and score from the pen.Golden goal time was announced and the noise levels went up. Good saves from Silva,Kolarov and Kolo before a nice move ended with Kun scoring a neat winner. Good entertainment for me and a good work out for the players before they fly off to Madrid later in great spirits.

Just Edin and Kolarov stayed for a few shots but Edin went in early leaving Alex all alone to test the keepers.He was still going when I left.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 17/9

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Cheers Doug. Was this handball game a result of things at the weekend ;)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Duckman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 pm

cheers doug.

When is City flying to Madrid? Later today I presume.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby bhfanatic » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Cheers Doug! Seems like our strikers are in form.
bhfanatic
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Duckman wrote:cheers doug.

Yes,probably at the airport as I type.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I expect that by now you have already smuggled the wife's kitchen steps through the baggage check in at Ringway and are on your way to the Madrid training ground, where I fully expect you to meet Neil off BM who has rowed to Spain across the Channel.

The next training report should begin....."DATELINE MADRID....TUES.."..anything less would be a negligence of duty.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:42 pm

john68 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I expect that by now you have already smuggled the wife's kitchen steps through the baggage check in at Ringway and are on your way to the Madrid training ground, where I fully expect you to meet Neil off BM who has rowed to Spain across the Channel.

The next training report should begin....."DATELINE MADRID....TUES.."..anything less would be a negligence of duty.

Hmmm better get Michael to do it then with Neil.He went over on Friday and Neil is flying out tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 pm

sounds like Zabs and Aguero are both pretty fit now.....
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus