Training Friday 21/9

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 21/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:24 pm

19 players out today.plus 5 keepers, so that's all except Micah,Maicon and Nasri.The latter 2 picking up injuries in the Madrid game.Mario out very early chatting with coaches and then enjoying some banter with the lads and probably snapped by Sharon in some byplay with Yaya ending with a hat perched on a pole. Some early jogging,loosenimg stuff was followed by Mancini taking the full defensive unit away for some work leaving that attacking players to do their work passing/crossing and scoring.

The defensive session would have been every interesting to know exactly what was worked on.It lasted quite a long time and there was plenty of it focuss on the the shape and working as a unit and no doubt highlighting issues from Tuesday.I was very close to the keepers so got a front row seat as Massimo worked the keepers.As with the rest of the overall sessions it started a little slowly but got livelier.They always work hard and especially today on routines testing not just shot saving but on how quickly they can get up after one save for a shot into the other corner. Massimo is never shy in letting them know when he isnt happy with something.That in turn might wind the keeper up and the interplay between them is really good.Massimo screaming stuff in Italian to Costel and his loud response was worth the entry fee and with that the session grew in intensity and certainly I enjoyed it :)

Everyone back together for a pass,move game which was quite sharp as the session continued to pick up and then it was game time. 11 against 10 and I moved around to be just behind Joe's goal.That meant I could hear pretty well everything Joe said which is a lot as he very vocal in screaming instructions/warnings to his defenders as well as shouting praise whenever it's deserved.

An early great block from Joleon was followed by a neat Yaya goal. A tap in at the end but neat interplay,I think with Zaba made the chance.Nearly a penalty for Kolarov with Kolo pleading his innocence before a top strike from Sergio made it 2 nil. Low into the keepers right gave him no chance.Edin score shortly after to cries from Joe of " on fire Edin".Then a superb save by Joe from a point blank Mario chance.The ball going back to Mario who kept his cool to score.

A blocked clearance feel kindly for Mario to score again and then another fell kindly for him to fire home a 3rd and bring the scores equal.Yaya then set Edin up for a tap in and then a beauty from Mario with a dipping shot just under the bar tied it up again rounded the game up.Most enjoyable and the strikers looking in very good nick. It looked like a shooting session was on the cards at the end as SS lined up on the wing and plenty of players lining up in the middle. Mancini spent a bit of time chatting to SS and then with the rest of the players but then they went in. Not sure what it was about but I was treated to a session of Kolarov shots from just outside the box.They really are unsaveable when he gets it right as Wright found out. The only 2 others staying for more work were Kolo and Clichy which is the norm for those 2.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 21/9

Postby MR IMAINEROAD » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Many thanks Doug always a pleasure to feel in touch...
MR IMAINEROAD
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Cheers Doug. Does Zabs ever practice his crosses?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 pm

dazby wrote:Cheers Doug. Does Zabs ever practice his crosses?

hmmmm , not specifically that I can recall.The only defensive player that literally practices them is Clichy.Even for Kolarov it just about what happens in matches.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bobby brows » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
dazby wrote:Cheers Doug. Does Zabs ever practice his crosses?

hmmmm , not specifically that I can recall.The only defensive player that literally practices them is Clichy.Even for Kolarov it just about what happens in matches.

I genuinely believe that if Clichy works on his end gane if the final third, he'll be one of the best fullbacks in the world!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm

How was Nasti? was he brilliant like other day?

whos going play on sunday..him or Ripleys?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bhfanatic » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Cheers Doug.
bhfanatic
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby littlebig » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

'Mancini spent a bit of time chatting to SS'

Stefan Savic is back???
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:How was Nasti? was he brilliant like other day?

I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped Vince and brought in Kolo and Joleon.

Cheers Doug.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm confused; as far as I knew, Doug had been banned, so I'd stopped looking out for these threads. Only noticed this one coincidentally. When did they start back, and is there an explanation anywhere of what happened?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby 1950 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:27 pm

littlebig wrote:'Mancini spent a bit of time chatting to SS'

Stefan Savic is back???

He was chatting to the Schutzstaffel.

Can't say I'm a fan of this initials nonsense, it's a bit arduous to figure out sometimes, especially with less obvious (new) squad players.

Apreesh the report tho. Sounds like Edin needs to start.
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: د.إ

Postby PALUS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:27 pm

thanks Doug is there any difrent that u notes asking from them to play fast and two touch at most , is he asking for pace more cross , how Sincler looks i did not se much in first game but its first u can judge on that(is he have sharp cross and pace), is Silva get hes touch and start( you know what i mean, sorry for so much question i love your work it keeps us on loop.
Last edited by PALUS on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Edin DZeko

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Nothing special from him today. Looks a confident lad though and as I mentioned last time ,he seems to have 2 feet as well.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers Doug.

Yes you would.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers Doug.

Yes you would.

Well, yeah, but anythings possible.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:49 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:I'm confused; as far as I knew, Doug had been banned, so I'd stopped looking out for these threads. Only noticed this one coincidentally. When did they start back, and is there an explanation anywhere of what happened?

Never stopped the training reports but I am back outside now. No details re what happened
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PALUS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

PALUS wrote:thanks Doug is there any difrent that u notes asking from them to play fast and two touch at most , is he asking for pace more cross , how Sincler looks i did not se much in first game but its first u can judge on that(is he have sharp cross and pace), is Silva get hes touch and start( you know what i mean, sorry for so much question i love your work it keeps us on loop.

well thanks..
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm

PALUS wrote:thanks Doug is there any difrent that u notes asking from them to play fast and two touch at most , is he asking for pace more cross , how Sincler looks i did not se much in first game but its first u can judge on that(is he have sharp cross and pace), is Silva get hes touch and start( you know what i mean, sorry for so much question i love your work it keeps us on loop.

City work a lot on quick pass and move play and very often on one or two touch play in a variety of different exercises.Even sometimes when they have a "game" they might restrict the defenders to only 2 touches to ensure they think and act quickly but also so that their teammates give them options to play the ball to them.

Sinclair is obviously pretty quick but I havent seen much of him flying down the wing and crossing.That's because all games are on small pitches so there isnt really any width or room to run in.I would love to know what the long chat with him was all about today.Maybe he is plating on Sunday or maybe he isnt and it was being explained what his role might be as a sub!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PALUS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:26 pm

City work a lot on quick pass and move play and very often on one or two touch play in a variety of different exercises.Even sometimes when they have a "game" they might restrict the defenders to only 2 touches to ensure they think and act quickly but also so that their teammates give them options to play the ball to them.

Sinclair is obviously pretty quick but I havent seen much of him flying down the wing and crossing.That's because all games are on small pitches so there isnt really any width or room to run in.I would love to know what the long chat with him was all about today.Maybe he is plating on Sunday or maybe he isnt and it was being explained what his role might be as a sub!

thank you :)
Last edited by PALUS on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 pm

"I genuinely believe that if Clichy works on his end gane if the final third, he'll be one of the best fullbacks in the world!"

He's worked his arse off at it all last season going by Doug's reports.

Great report Doug.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Next

Return to Training Reports