Training Saturday 22/9

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 22/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 am

Bright sunshine at Carrington for a good session today. The first 4 out were Maicon,Razak,Clichy and Carlos. Brian Kidd said a quick hello before he went over to greet players and then showed his golf swing off to Carlos.Once all out Mancini did his usual briefing including the keepers which isn't always the norm.Quite a short one which broke off as the boss wanted to give a quick message on a defensive situation.All players glued to every word.

20 out today,just Maicon added to yesterday's group.Jogs, short exercises were followed by keep ball exercises right next the fence under my nose.It was a little like schoolboys in the playground! Lots of fun and laughter amongst the "serious" business of moving the ball around with one touch. Loads of voices heard including Nasti,Edin,Vinnie and Yaya. Kolarov clearly like to play the jester ,Pablo fancies his singing and Yaya is a big kid!

Off to a game with the small nets and 1 or 2 touch as shouted out by Ivan changing it around frequently and just one goal in this part scored I think by Sergio with a calm finish. Stretches are often called for by Ivan in between changes of the game and then onto the big nets with 2 ouches and 5 passes needed before a goal can be scored only with a header. GazBaz came closest before Kolo nodded home after a rebound off the bar. Stretches then the small nets again and two touch football with a 1 touch finish needed. SS scored in this and for those who struggle with initials ,yes its Scott Sinclair.

A liitle break for a drink and then some short sharp exercises in,out and around cones before the final game. Defences in charge at the start before a lovely chipped free kick from Zaba set Kolarov up for a sidefoot volleyed goal.Great attacking goal but not great that the defenders didnt see AK in space.Rodders had a great chance but smacked a post and then AK just wide.

Sergio was looking good to me and showed great speed and strength to shrug off a defender and win a corner. Garcia's header from it was blocked. Sergio then squeezed a goal in from the tightest of angles and then Rodders hit the post again from a Silva pull back.I can easily see Jack playing in a variety of midfield roles and not just the anchorman.

Mario was on hand to tap in after a good save had been made and then shot just over as did Sergio at the other end,Edin brought a great save from Costel. Plenty of Nasti on show today and it's easy to see why Platt has said he is ready now. At this time it was good to see Nasri and Micah out working 1 to 1 with physios.

Back to the goals and Silva made a great pass to Kolarov to score his second. Plenty of complaints that Silva was offside but it looked good to me.Tight but onside benefit of the doubt.Clichy then provided the perfect cross for a Sergio headed goal and then again Mario in the right place right time to tap in amid defensive confusion.

And that was the end of the game.Good session today and lots of energy on show today in preparation for the Arse game.The usual suspects stayed for some more work.Clichy today working on defending crosses while Edin,Kolarov and Sinclair practicing shooting.Nasti watched on in the continuing sunshine.As I left Micah was being worked hard by 2 physios.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 22/9

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Overall, Doug, has SS (that's Scott Sinclair btw) shown good promise on the training ground?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PALUS » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Doug is there any indication who will start the game , wath u think ?Kun is finally back in full form i really miss to see him on field ...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Edin DZeko

Postby Goataldo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Good stuff as per.

Sergio ready then it appears. Good.

Are the characters in the squad filling the Nige shaped hole well then?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Cheers Doug.

I agree that Rodwell may play more than just an anchor role in the future. I've been really impressed with him & he would have been my 'wild card gamble' selection on Tues night, right in the middle of the midfield, in place of Nasri.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:06 pm

What has superjaw got to do to get some gametime Doug? Does he look not good enough in training?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Overall, Doug, has SS (that's Scott Sinclair btw) shown good promise on the training ground?

Yes.He has shown he has a good touch and awareness of what's going on around him.How it all transfers onto the big stage only time will tell.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 pm

PALUS wrote:Doug is there any indication who will start the game , wath u think ?Kun is finally back in full form i really miss to see him on field ...

Sometimes I can get a good lead on who will play in the game the next day ( I wouldnt say anyway) but not from today's training. Kun has looked ok for a while now ,as Mancini has confirmed,but it's probably been sensible to hold him back a little longer as we have such a strong group of strikers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Goataldo wrote:Good stuff as per.

Sergio ready then it appears. Good.

Are the characters in the squad filling the Nige shaped hole well then?

I think they are doing yes.Kolarov has always been a bit of a joker anyway so I expect more from him.Yaya too has often liked to play about a bit and today he was in playful mood. Everyone seemed in a good frame of mind today after yesterday which seemed a little more subdued. Could be that I was just closer to the action today or it was a slight Madrid hangover.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm

dazby wrote:What has superjaw got to do to get some gametime Doug? Does he look not good enough in training?

Good question.He has looked absolutely fine in training and working his socks off as usual.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm wondering if Carlos will get a rest this week with Sergio and Edin getting the nod; Scott Sinclair to give us an outlet wide.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Defence in training sounds like its as good as it is in matches!
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby phips » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm wondering if Carlos will get a rest this week with Sergio and Edin getting the nod; Scott Sinclair to give us an outlet wide.

Wondering the same thing myself.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PALUS » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:47 pm

phips wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'm wondering if Carlos will get a rest this week with Sergio and Edin getting the nod; Scott Sinclair to give us an outlet wide.

Wondering the same thing myself.

I would not bench Tevez over Edin not in this huge match for us, i dont think hes lack strength and u dont bench player in form that is one of rules in football.Even Edin is on form us well Tevez track more then Edin so if Aguero need to play bench Edin just i hope not to se Ballo ib firs eleven because all Tevez and Edin and sure Aguero is in better form wright now ad i have a funy feeling.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
PALUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Edin DZeko

Return to Training Reports