Training Tuesday 2/10

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 2/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am

Press day today as the day before a Euro match and it seemed like an interview was going on next to the training pitch when I got there.Made me smile when it started pouring down and plenty ran for cover.Everything was set up for a regular session with small nets,big nets and cones and stuff all over the place.

Good today as they were all over close to me so I could get the best feel for the spirit with all the banter flying around.Yaya was late out so he got some inevitable stick.After some routines they went into keep ball circles and the first thing I noticed was Micah was back. The noise/fun level in his group increased but they were all really enjoying it. Fun at Mario's expense,Vinnie sliding in to calls of " you have legs everywhere" and little arguments that switched around from Spanish to English depending on who you were arguing with at the time. Quite amazing to hear the change of language so quickly.

More stretches were then followed by a passing keep ball game all about speed of though and movement to give the player on the ball plenty of options.Before this started Samir had a one on one with Mario trying to take the ball off him. He didn't manage it :)The game now was a mixture of 1 and 2 touch as decided by Ivan which then developed into headed goals only.I looked immediately for Micah as he goal poaches in this game.He didnt disappoint me as he scored the first stooping down to head in a Milner ball.Carlos equalised with a glancing header before they moved onto scoring in the small nets and it had to be a 1st time finish.

Rodders opened the scoring but there were also goals for Edin 2, Milner and Carlos 2.The last one from Carlos was actually a tackle on a defender that went in.More short sharp routines after this before the game started and very quickly Edin lashed in a ball that came back off the post. For a long while after that it was stalemate. A brilliant tackle by Kolarov on Micah stopped a great chance.Micah was really looking good and surging forward like only he can.Edin came very close again after a great link up with Silva.

Joe saved really well from Mario,Costel hit a great crossfield pass to loud applause from Joe,Silva was penalised for handball when he actually was winded and had to go down and recover. Nasri was looking very good with his quick feet and great turning ability.Carlos was penalised for too many touches to a lot of complaints from his team. Fausto as ref was getting plenty of stick.Then Yaya set Nasri through with a gem of a pass and he equalised.

Rodders immediately cleared off the line, great clearance it was too.Joe was his usual self with constant shouting of support and advice and one of "don't drop now" was particularly relevant I thought.The next goal was after a great save from Carlos but Sinclair knocked the rebound in.Then handball was given against Kolarov which brought real Balkan anger :) Joe was screaming from distance for a pen but Fausto stayed strong.The equaliser came from a great shot from Silva as he was going across the box,perfectly into the bottom corner and golden goal was announced.

AK shot just over,Edin brought a great save from Costel before a top shot from Garcia enabled Mario to tap in the rebound.Many went in here but the usuals stayed for some extras. Mario,Scott,Jaws,Edin and AK for some shooting. Micah did extra work with a physio and Gael as ever was working on something.

Not the longest session but a really bright sharp one and everyone in good order for tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 2/10

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Cheers Doug.

Cant help but think Micah will give us a new dimension when he gets back in the line up. His pace and power going forward should give us a few more options.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BadKompany » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 pm

I think with Micah back our season will definitely take off,the signs were good at Fulham and he's the best right back at the club( and maybe the league.....)
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby twosips » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Is it just me that thinks one day Rodwell will be an excellent player for us? I think he has everything potentially.

Glad to hear Micah's back too. He's definitely loved by his colleagues - you can just tell. He'll improve morale no end, and he's also pretty unique and an awesome option on the right.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby BadKompany » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 pm

twosips wrote:Is it just me that thinks one day Rodwell will be an excellent player for us? I think he has everything potentially.

Glad to hear Micah's back too. He's definitely loved by his colleagues - you can just tell. He'll improve morale no end, and he's also pretty unique and an awesome option on the right.

I'd say he will be Barrys replacement,early days but i think he has more to his game than Garcia.
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby phips » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 am

So it sounds like Rodwell's groin is "healed" after his injury prior to the AV cup draw. Right? No signs of injury?

And i hope Micah plays on Saturday vs Sunderland. Doubt we will see him on Wed. as he probably lacks some match fitness
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:00 am

BadKompany wrote:
twosips wrote:Is it just me that thinks one day Rodwell will be an excellent player for us? I think he has everything potentially.

I'd say he will be Barrys replacement,early days but i think he has more to his game than Garcia.

A fairly absurdly premature assesment IMO. I think both bring a lot and will bring a lot to the side
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 am

phips wrote:So it sounds like Rodwell's groin is "healed" after his injury prior to the AV cup draw. Right? No signs of injury?

And i hope Micah plays on Saturday vs Sunderland. Doubt we will see him on Wed. as he probably lacks some match fitness

No signs of any problems at all with Rodders. As for Micah,he looks raring to go from what I have seen but I see SSN are still saying he isn't ready for a game yet.Obviously cant be "match fit" as he hasnt played a match but I would be amazed if he didnt feature in one of the next 2 games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports