Training Thursday 1/11

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 1/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

3rd day in a row and still Friday to come. I arrived to hear Brain Kidd trying to teach Gregucci some english slang.Quite funny with Fausto joining in.As they all gathered Maicon was out doing some jogging (first time outside I think) and also Rodders also out again.A very happy sounding bunch all gathered for the usual pre training briefing from the boss but a little extended and different today as he took players from the group and positioned them in formation leaving the rest around the center circle.Then a brief kick around in pairs.Nearest to me were Kun and Carlos,one using only his left foot and the other only playing volleys.

From there Mancini spent time talking with the whole group and I guess it was all about tactical aspects of the formation.can't really hear from 100 yards!It was a slightly different start and followed by a keep ball session but just the one around the center circle with 3 in the middle.There were 17 on show today plus 4 keepers. Zaba was clattered once but typically just got up smiling but the work on the first touch and controlled short passing was the emphasis.

Then Mancini took a team away to do preparation work for the weekend game and brought the 2 keepers over. Joe to go in nets and Panti to play up front against our defenders!! Can't think why :) Te rest of the group stayed near me to distract me from what was going on and they did a good job too as they were having plenty of fun. Mancini was clearly well prepared for today as part of the preparation and if he was serious after the Ajax game about not preparing well enough he wasn't going to do the same again here.

This session was a longer one than usual with Mancini being very meticulous as ever and spending time player by player about their duties at corners and free kicks and using Panti and a bunch of coaches as the opposition making runs..Fun to watch Massive in an attacking role!Once he had gone through all his work with the team he changed the personnel and went through it all again.

The keep ball circle with those not in the Mancini work at the time kept going on to keep me entertained. Barry nutmegged twice in one routine brought the house down.Kolarov taking over the counting of how many passes there were and interestingly missing plenty of numbers out along the way, Sinclair counting in Spanish,Garcia playing with a constant smile as basically they all were.Zaba really does come across as a team favourite and we already know he is a fans fave.

No game at the end today and overall not much on the physical or running side today.That was done in the previous 2 days and all the emphasis today and maybe tomorrow on the next match.Here's hoping it all pays dividends.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 1/11

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Teaching Gregucci some slang?

How about,stay tight,push up,track back etc etc
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks Doug, as always.
Always nice to know that the team is together, positive and working hard.
And that Mancini is meticulous in his preparation.
Potential banana-skin this weekend, and with the other two having difficult games, we could go top. which is nice.
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Good reports from the last few days Douglas, many thanks for that especially as it is probs getting a tad chilly out there.

Good to see Bob putting the extra work in.. lets see if it pays off or how long it takes to pay off.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:32 pm

did any of the players look suicidal following boogate on saturday?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:did any of the players look suicidal following boogate on saturday?

They think we don't love them anymore.

Edghill has been in to give them counseling.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:did any of the players look suicidal following boogate on saturday?

How the hell did you know about Edghill?

Sadly the answer to the question is yes but not just by the booing. Panti was really angry that he wasn't being seriously considered for a striking role before today.Lescott has been going on and on about getting the playmaker role since David has been injured but Mancini just won't have it.Vinnie has apparently offered to resign as captain as long as Mario gets the job but the biggest surprise to me was when I heard that Zaba was so upset by the booing that he won't play for the club again
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sadly the answer to the question is yes but not just by the booing. Panti was really angry that he wasn't being seriously considered for a striking role before today.Lescott has been going on and on about getting the playmaker role since David has been injured but Mancini just won't have it.Vinnie has apparently offered to resign as captain as long as Mario gets the job but the biggest surprise to me was when I heard that Zaba was so upset by the booing that he won't play for the club again

haha.
first time I realize how humorous Sir DH may be. My obvious fault for not paying enough attention in the past.
so, basically the media b*ll*x it's already and gorgeously sorted for the weekend and we can all save money for extra pints.
top one.
and brilliant, interesting report as usual.
quite confident to watch a focused performance on saturday.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Goataldo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:

haha.
first time I realize how humorous Sir DH may be. My obvious fault for not paying enough attention in the past.
so, basically the media b*ll*x it's already and gorgeously sorted for the weekend and we can all save money for extra pints.
top one.
and brilliant, interesting report as usual.
quite confident to watch a focused performance on saturday.

Haha, now there's a backhanded compliment !
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Ha, will be very interesting at the weekend. Atleast Mancini appears to be planning for specific problems from the other side and one we all know about which hasn't necessarily meant much in the past, particularly in the chimps league.I've got a bad feeling based on Carroll and Allardyce but am hoping we will play the right team, face up to the fouling and blocking and disect the bastards. We will see.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Goataldo wrote:Haha, now there's a backhanded compliment !

wrong Chris, my friend.
mispelled as much as You want - actually the doubt shadowed in my mind when typing quite hastily - no subtle intent whatsoever.
despite the hype I recently got from my friend Mikhail Chigorin (who's generously biased towards me) I am aware that the use I make of this beautiful language is CRAP! particularly when posting in a rush.

It was a plain and straightforward compliment for an excellent touch of sense of humour. I am sure You agree, too.
thanks, anyway, for bringing me downtoearth, Pal... ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Biamp » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 am

Great read as usual Doug, was Javi Garcia fully involved? And how far is Maicon from being fully involved?? Was Silva out there running?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am

Biamp wrote:Great read as usual Doug, was Javi Garcia fully involved? And how far is Maicon from being fully involved?? Was Silva out there running?

Didn't see Silva today after he was running yesterday.Maicon's first day out so a long way away yet I think after an achilles injury.Garcia was fully involved but it is probably too soon for a return would be my guess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

I'm really glad to read about Mancini doing all this work again. I'll be surprised if it doesn't pay off sooner rather than later but it will be difficult to judge this weekend as all bets are off where Andy Caroll is concerned.

None of our cb's can beat him. Of the ones currently in the squad, two (Vinny & Lescott) have a chance of at least competing with him, although neither weill better him in the air over 90 mins, the other two have no chance whatsoever. If Bob picks either Nasti or Kolo v Caroll, it's just Russian roulette. We MAY get away with it but it's really just a matter of luck.

Hopefully once he's out of the way though, we will see a back line again, whoever plays in it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Ted spot on as usual on Carroll treat, giving our CBs non-sublime performance on header clearances.
Although I find Walmai's comment on the equation "stop full backs and almost void Carroll" interesting and quite sensible.
once threshed out his attitude towards tabloids' breed, the guy is a genuine fan and almost a nice contributor from outside.

I ve never been worried about the capability of our defence and coaching staff to refurbish our defensive tightness. it's gonna come with as much as training it will be needed: both of them - players and coaches - have already proved their respective abilities.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to Training Reports