Training Monday 5/11

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 5/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I expected a quietish session today after a tough premiership game 2 days ago and with Ajax tomorrow and that's what it was.Masses of cameras,tv and press as it's the day before a euro game.Just 15 players plus 4 keepers on view today with the missing players as expected.Got a wave from Kidd, a thumbs up from Kolo and a greeting from Garcia as I could see clearly today with the curtain down close to where they started the warm up work.I might even get on SSN as I was directly behind the players from the camera views.

After fairly extensive warm ups Mancini took them off to another pitch to do some of the usual team shape,organisation/passing work in preparation for the game tomorrow. Aw players were changed around during this work before they came back to do a variety of games including hand ball,1 and 2 touch passing,a headed goals only session and the regular game with just 5 a side nets.

The best goal came from a clever interchange of passes between Kolarov and Mario. Mario also headed a goal but replies from SS and Carlos brought it level for the golden goal finale. Edin scored that one.Not a fast and furious session as I said and when this part finished there wasn't the usual game to end and just 3 players stayed out for some free kick practice against Wright.

Kolarov is clearly the king of our free kick takers and scored some beauties, Mario started to find his range after a while and hit one screamer that flew into the top corner above Wright's flailing hands.Sinclair not bad although I felt some of his lacked pace and thus had to be 100% perfect to have any chance at all.

And that was it in less than an hour but the good news is that just in front of me 3 players were working hard in getting their fitness back. Silva,Rodders and Maicon with the latter probably the furthest away from a return.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Mondey 5/11

Postby BadKompany » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Cheers Doug.

Any sightings of Mr Guidetti yet?
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm

The effort in the last week weeks as been immense from you Doug, its much more calming AND ACCURATE to read your reports than the back pages of the papers!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm

BadKompany wrote:Cheers Doug.

Any sightings of Mr Guidetti yet?

Sadly none since I saw just him out a week or so back.I was asked by a Swedish guy on Sunday at the EDS game v Chelsea if he would be playing ( he said he was a friend). I fear some kind of setback.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby topilk » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

What's the work rate
topilk
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 pm

topilk wrote:What's the work rate

Interesting question! Today was not an intense session so the players were not pushed in the exercises or the games they played.That will be planned and significantly becuse they just played and don't need tough sessions and of course have a game tomorrow.They did what was asked of them, the work rate was fine.The players who havent had as much match time as others recently ( Garcia,Zaba,Aguero) did a little more of the exercises than the rest of the team.

The backroom sports science guys plus the manager will know what the players need to maintain the right fitness levels
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports