Training Friday 30/11

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 30/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 am

Arrived early at Carrington suitably dressed for the freezing cold to find they had started early today. Good job I was early then so no waiting around.The trouble was it wasn't just cold but very misty as well so viewing was trebly difficult.

Thankfully they did the early warm ups (plenty of them) very close to where I was and I think there were 21 on view which included Rodders and Nasri plus Vinnie training for the first time in a while.Also added to the group were Evans,Rekik and Lopes. Milner and Micah missing of course and still no Clichy but apart from that all out and well togged up for the weather with plenty of snoods or scarves in evidence.

But that's about it.The Wednesday team didn't go beyond the warm up warm down routines before going in and the rest then played a 7 a side game but with visibility so bad it wasn't worth hanging around.

Good luck to Brad who turned up with his signed Mancini prize short hoping for some players to sign it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 30/11

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Double Cheers Sir DH, for the bravery!
It's mildly cold even here on the Southern European border... so I can just imagine, how much grateful we must be for Your commitment.

Any rumours about quality/extent/graveness of Jimmy Milner's harmstring? Read that he might be "hoped" back on contention for the derby, but nothing much substantial nor reassuring...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby BadKompany » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Cheers Doug,your efforts,especially when its cold/wet etc are really apprecited - hope you're now enjoying your horlicks!
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Double Cheers Sir DH, for the bravery!
It's mildly cold even here on the Southern European border... so I can just imagine, how much grateful we must be for Your commitment.

Any rumours about quality/extent/graveness of Jimmy Milner's harmstring? Read that he might be "hoped" back on contention for the derby, but nothing much substantial nor reassuring...

I haven't heard anything apart from media speculation that he might miss the scum match. That sounds almost positive to me as it gives a fraction of hope but I go more by Milner's own reaction to the injury at the time. He knew what had happened and looked so sick I expect a few weeks minimum.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:Double Cheers Sir DH, for the bravery!

I haven't heard anything apart from media speculation that he might miss the scum match. That sounds almost positive to me as it gives a fraction of hope but I go more by Milner's own reaction to the injury at the time. He knew what had happened and looked so sick I expect a few weeks minimum.

same here... that why I kept bothering with an almost obvious question. Such a shame!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dameerto » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 pm

How's Lopes looking these days? Training with the first team sounds promising, is he settling in at last? I ask because his early EDS performances left a bit to be desired... I haven't seen him play for a loooong time though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Dameerto wrote:How's Lopes looking these days? Training with the first team sounds promising, is he settling in at last? I ask because his early EDS performances left a bit to be desired... I haven't seen him play for a loooong time though.

Couldn't tell anything from today but I have seen a few more recent performances in the EDS/U21 and U19 sides and he is coming along. The danger is expecting too much without recognising how young he is compared to the teams he is playing against. No guarantees but I think he will make it as I believe will Pozo.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:How's Lopes looking these days? Training with the first team sounds promising, is he settling in at last? I ask because his early EDS performances left a bit to be desired... I haven't seen him play for a loooong time though.

Couldn't tell anything from today but I have seen a few more recent performances in the EDS/U21 and U19 sides and he is coming along. The danger is expecting too much without recognising how young he is compared to the teams he is playing against. No guarantees but I think he will make it as I believe will Pozo.

Ahaa, Pozo. Glad to see his name popping up lately. He's got something that kid.

Ta for the report as per.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 am

Cheers Douglas, yeah I realise he's a youngster (even by EDS standards) which is why I put it down to not being fully settled earlier in the year - as I say it's a good sign he's training with the first team every now and then.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to Training Reports