Training Monday 3/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 3/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Carrington in a monsoon today but all good as I had a perfect viewing position (till they close it down) to watch a short session.At least for the team that played Everton as they went in after just half an hour.Not a surprise really as it's been a very hectic schedule lately and strong, long training sessions are not what's needed.

With the under 21's playing today at Wolves it was interesting to see which of the young ones would be supporting today and there were just 3, Evans, Meppen-Walter and Nimley but good to see Rodders fully involved.Mancini started by taking a team away for some regular work on shape and passing but only for a few minutes and then it was altogether for Ivan to take them through games of one touch,two touch and first time finishes only. A bit strange that the first game, with 5 a side nets, finished with goals from Nastasic and Lescott!

Good spirit all round is what I could see and hear and ,carrying on from the Wigan game, Mario central to the atmosphere.More of the game with good passing and first touch play but it ended quickly as Ivan took the weekend team off for some warm down runs as they finished the session.The rest had a 6 a side game as I decided to bottle it and head for dry land.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 3/12

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

What's the situation with Clichy, Doug? Do you think he'll be ready for Sunday?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks Doug

Any sign of Clichy or Milner?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug

No sign of either today but I would assume they are inside being worked on. I will leave it to Mancini/Platt to say what their prospects are for tomorrow or the weekend as I haven't a clue
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

No sign of either today but I would assume they are inside being worked on. I will leave it to Mancini/Platt to say what their prospects are for tomorrow or the weekend as I haven't a clue

Thanks, fingers crossed they're both ready for Sunday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Thanks, fingers crossed they're both ready for Sunday.

yAP,
at least Jimmy would be a great great boost for the derby. still not very hopeful, considering his body language when he went out.

Cheers at You, Brave Sir DH! Not even a monsoon can stop DA MAN!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john68 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Doug ain't brave Mancio Mate.

Mrs Doug....."Dooooooooglaaaaaaasssss! You don't think your sitting here in the house all day doing nothing and getting under my feet. The pots need washing, the washer needs emptying and the wet clothes need hanging up. When you've doing that, there's the dry clothes that need folding and putting away. Did you put that new bag in the vacuum cleaner? If you did, you can hoover the hall, stairs and landing and take a duster and polish with you."

Doug......."...Sorry Love, I've just got to nip out for a short while...See you later...XXX."

Brave?...my arse....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:41 pm

lulz.
Still thinking about bravery, though.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Biamp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Cheers Doug, great read as usual.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Didn't Lescott play the the full game against Everton?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby giokingkladze » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Silva hasn't travelled to Germany and is a doubt for Sunday according to Mancini from this evening's press conference.

Hopefully just a precaution - we need him on Sunday
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Didn't Lescott play the the full game against Everton?

Everyone that was there today took part in the early stuff which included the game with 5 a side nets. Silva was missing altogether but I thought I would leave that to Mancini to confirm.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Everyone that was there today took part in the early stuff which included the game with 5 a side nets. Silva was missing altogether but I thought I would leave that to Mancini to confirm.

Ahhh, cheers mate, I was a little confused. Can't believe Silva's out, he played the full game so must'vedone it in the cool-down.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Good shout.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Spurge » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Ahhh, cheers mate, I was a little confused. Can't believe Silva's out, he played the full game so must'vedone it in the cool-down.

I wonder if this could be Mancini mind games? I'm not saying that there is no substance to the Silva injury thing, but do wonder if he is likely to be fit by Sunday and just rested as a precaution for the Dortmund game
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby bobby brows » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

So were potentially gonna see a full strength team tomorrow night? brave decision from Mancini if so.

I remember a derby when we played at Wigan on the wednesday before in the league cup and lost howey and distin to injury. fortunately richard dunne, gerard wiekens and lucien mettomo were immense in their place
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm

bobby brows wrote:So were potentially gonna see a full strength team tomorrow night? brave decision from Mancini if so.

I remember a derby when we played at Wigan on the wednesday before in the league cup and lost howey and distin to injury. fortunately richard dunne, gerard wiekens and lucien mettomo were immense in their place

Never heard of them!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobby brows » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm

wow just seen former youth graduate Lorius Karius come on for Mainz on the bundesliga highlights after the most absurd handball ever!

hard to assess from the highlights but deer in the headlights may be accurate. Big guy though looks like he just fought Rocky!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bobby brows wrote:So were potentially gonna see a full strength team tomorrow night? brave decision from Mancini if so.

Never heard of them!

gutted for ya mate

5 player of the year awards and 3 football league winners medals between them
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:28 am

The options Mancini has in defence and midfield to rotate are limited given our injuries as a result he has little room to move for tmo. Injuries to Richards, clichy, rodwell, kolarov, milner, silva- with yaya toure suspended.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Next

Return to Training Reports