Training Friday 7/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 7/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Up at 4 for the cricket,watched that to the end of play and straight to Carrington for a good training session.Good timing.
The sun was shining but there was a heavy frost overnight so it was across to one of the undersoil heated pitches.The coaches were setting up all the cones and posts with the help of a couple of new assistants.Was one the guy who posted on BMoon that he had got a little bit of work? If it was I doubt he will be invited back for more,didn't do enough tracking back! Kidd was helping for a while but there was so much Italian warbling going on he gave up.I could have done with Mancio to translate.

Yaya was out very early doing some ball work with Sharon.Sorry Shaz more work needed.The good news was seeing Silva out there for full training and even better so was Clichy. No idea if either is fully fit yet but good to see them out anyway. Later on Milner and Kolarov were out running but clearly not up for full training yet.Also included with the group today were Rodders, Razak and Rekik.

Gradually they all came out with Mancini last after the press briefing to have another with the squad.Quite a short one before they split into 2 groups for all sorts of warm up.As ever I am left wondering how it is decided which players do which warm up routines.Nothing obvious to my eyes.20 on show altogether and 11 were in one group with Sam , 9 in the other with Ivan. INSIDE City cameras were rolling so no doubt some pictures will be on the OS soon some of which will come from the top of the HILL.

Mancini took a team away as usual for some regular work on shape with emphasis on recovering when play is switched quickly from side to side.The rest of the players just carried on doing warm up,fitness work before the groups were switched around.After that it was into an 11 a side game on a full pitch.I say 11 v 11 but it wasnt a serious game.It was serious training though as Mancini was very central and stopping and starting the play to get his points across. It was a reasonably normal "game" apart from the no tackling part although the one where Barry flattened someone suggested he hadn't got the full message.

There were 3 goals in this from Mario ( cracking left footer in off the bar),Kun with a very cheeky side foot shot using the defender to hide the ball from the keeper and then from Edin as he swept home after a cross had been laid back to him. Interesting to see what Mancini seemed to be working on ( I couldn't possibly say) but he regularly stopped the flow as he needed.

The game ended but Mancini took a team away to focus on corners and free kicks and leaving the other 3 coaches to do the same at the other end.Both attacking and defending work was done and for a while 2 of the EDS lads were brought over to take the free kicks.Lopes and Rusnak being the chosen 2.Some decent deliveries too and much better than one of the team that had a go!! This was a fairly lengthy session before they moved away for what looked like a game on a smaller pitch.

It was but only 7 or 8 a side as the players from Tuesday's game went in. Just after they started I was thinking of leaving when Mario had a shot which flew well wide over the high fencing but straight at me.I put my hand up so as not to get it full in the face,it flicked the top of the fence,flicked my hand and flicked my glasses knocking out the left lens!! Classic as I couldn't see well enough to look for it.Cheers Mario, you owe me :)

So maybe one more training session before the derby but this was a good one.I enjoyed it anyway but I would guess Mancini would think it was a good one too based on what he covered and the input/effort from the players which was very good.The question is does a great training session guarantee a great performance. Can't do any harm can it!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 7/12

Postby Dronny » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Nice post Douglas.

Now go and get your bins fixed pronto so you can report back on Monday's training ;-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 pm

So Bad Dad Boy broke your glasses? Poor Doug, I can imagine how strong could have been that shoot from Pia's father! :)
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks Doug.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blue long time » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Great report as usual,hope you have a spare pair of glasses for tomorrow..!!!
blue long time
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Biamp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Cheers Doug, hope silva and clichy will start on sunday. Did they stick around or they went in with the Tuesday's group??
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Great and flavoured report Sir Doug, full of good news!
still entertaining hopes on Jimmy, but loks everyday more improbable and risky... ;-(

Bad You fell Out with the bad boy... respect is getting short on these days, wtf Mario!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, hope silva and clichy will start on sunday. Did they stick around or they went in with the Tuesday's group??

I think Silva was but it wasn't easy to see with half my glasses missing :)

Must call my personal accident solicitor
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Top stuff again and again Doug, always enjoy reading the training reports.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby littlebig » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Really enjoyed reading that.

Good to hear they were working on dead ball situations, it's an area that we've needed to tighten up on and that ^td look very do-able on. Roll on Sunday
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Doug's secret recording from the other side of Carrington!

[youtube]9ukFUEI5qz8[/youtube]

Cheers Doug.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simplytolmie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Great report as always Doug.
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Return to Training Reports