Training Saturday 8/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 8/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:03 pm

All good at Carrington today.The pitch they use on the day before games had been tarpaulined overnight and was in top condition.The same 20 from yesterday on show again. No sign of Milner or Kolarov but both are doing well as is Micah although the word there is it's a longer recovery as it was a bad one. Plenty of warm up exercises followed by regular hand ball and one and tow touch games.

In the 5 a side nets Carlos scored a tap in first goal which was followed by a header from Zaba ( not easy in small 5 a side nets) and then one from Edin. Carlos came close late on as he hit the bar from the full length of the pitch.When it came to full nets and headers only to score it was Maicon with the only goal.Back into the 5 a side nets game and Barry scored form an Edin cross pass and then Barry passed for Mario to tap in.

Yesterday's was a good session and focussed a lot on tactical and team preparation aspects but somehow I felt today the players had upped the it at a little in the games they were playing.There just seemed more energy and zip through the whole squad.After some more exercises in and out of cones,poles and ladders it was into a game to finish with played on half a pitch.

An early goal came from Sinclair moving quickly onto a deflected Edin cross shot.Yaya flicked a post with a shot from 20 yards,Carlos was everywhere including tackling back deep on his own half and then Rekik was unlucky to give a penalty away when a ball bounced off his knee and hit his arm.Mario took the penalty and lashed it home.

Maicon had a great shot which was very well saved by Panti and Rekik knocked the rebound over, Mario scored with a miss hit left foot volley,Barry just over and then just wide.Panti again saved brilliantly,this time from Carlos tipping the shot onto a post and the rebound also hit a post from Rodders. Joe Hart at the other end wasn't a happy bunny that his team weren't scoring after he had been left exposed.

And there it ended with just 3 staying out for more. Edin for shooting practice and Mario for free kicks and shots.The good news for me is that Mario didn't hit me today. Yesterday I was more behind a net and today I was side onto the pitch.He did get one ball sailing way over my head though and into the showjumping field behind me.The other staying out and working on dealing with crosses was Gael.The man is a top pro.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 8/12

Postby wolfie1988 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Silva all ok then? As long as Clichy and Silva are fit I'm confident we'll beat them good and proper. 4-1
wolfie1988
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Biamp » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Cheers Doug, I guess Milner is out of the derby then. Was Rodwell fully involved is he 100% yet? How did Silva and Clichy look? You think their fitness is up for it to start tomorrow?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Nice work from our roving reporter. Looks like we could have a decent side tomorrow, better than I envisaged. Silva and Clichy coming back would be a massive bonus allowing Zab's to rifle down the right.

Come On City!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, I guess Milner is out of the derby then. Was Rodwell fully involved is he 100% yet? How did Silva and Clichy look? You think their fitness is up for it to start tomorrow?

I expect it will be too soon for Milner which is a great shame as he has played so well all season. Yes Rodders was fully involved and now needs some match practice but maybe not Sunday to start with. Silva looked fine and I hope there is no bad reaction. Same for Clichy really but as I said it's great to watch him staying after the training to do more work
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, I guess Milner is out of the derby then. Was Rodwell fully involved is he 100% yet? How did Silva and Clichy look? You think their fitness is up for it to start tomorrow?

I expect it will be too soon for Milner which is a great shame as he has played so well all season. Yes Rodders was fully involved and now needs some match practice but maybe not Sunday to start with. Silva looked fine and I hope there is no bad reaction. Same for Clichy really but as I said it's great to watch him staying after the training to do more work

That last bit about Clichy is great news. Hopefully it signals he's ready for a start tomorrow.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Return to Training Reports