Training Tuesday 18/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 18/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I arrived lateish to find one player already out and that was Bossaerts soon to be joined by Milner and the rest and the further good news was that Vinnie was included in the rest.18 on show today and it also included Pozo which was good to see.Injuries preventing Micah,Nasri,Aleks,Rodders and Maicon although the latter was out running a little later.

Gentle stuff to start as they jogged about while the keepers were going through their early stuff with the aid of crash mats to dive on.Whimps! As they split into 2 groups the main noticeable thing to me was Silva working side by side with Pozo.Then they broke into 3 groups for some running work so I went round the other side to check on the reserves and was pleased to see Guidetti in full training.

When the football work started it was all about passing and pressing but Vinnie stayed out of this and just carried on 1 to 1 work.Just 4 v 4 in a small area for starters and then a game using the small nets.I think it was a goal if 10 passes were completed or if one was actually scored.Pozo got the ball rolling with 2 goals but the best part was the speed of the game itself. Further goals from Barry,Kolo,Carlos,Edin and finally Sergio.

Then a break where Mancini took the key attacking players away for some specific work ,showing them specific movements before they had chances running onto through balls and then from a cross.The midfield were working with Platt on attacking play and getting attempts on goal while Gregucci was putting the defensive unit through it's paces. All quite strong work all going on at the same time.Panti had gone in during this part so Ian Lawlor came over to give Joe some help. Good for Ian.

Then it was game time and Nimley was called over to make it 9 a side as Milner was not allowed to join in.I bet he wanted to but a little extra caution prevailed and he just went to another pitch for more work.The first goal was from Garcia and a nice left foot half volley well controlled from a Sinclair pass.Sinclair made it 2 tapping in a great Kolo cross, Sergio hit the post and then was given offside in setting Carlos up.Very contentious that one with Kidd getting the stare and more.Then an interception at the other end which was deemed a backpass got Kidd involved again.

Yaya went for a long throw in and his feet went about as high as he threw the ball,very comical.Wright made a bunch of very good saves.Then Silva got one back from an Edin pass before Kun and Carlos got one each with excellent cross shots and then Sinclair got his 2nd after an amazing Yaya assist.YT had received the ball with at least 3 around him but with amazing control and touch plus a slice of luck he managed to get the ball back for SS to score.

That was that but as they were going off I heard Joe call for Zaba to chip him a pass so he could volley it into the net.Zaba laughed and offered £100 if he scored. Joe missed:) All in all a good lively and varied session with no wind and no rain so job's a good un.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 18/12

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Tops as always, cheers Doug
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Duckman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm

cheers doug.

So Pozo did well?

How does Garcia seem in training? Does he look the thing when the tempo of the game and passing is high?
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Duckman wrote:cheers doug.

So Pozo did well?

How does Garcia seem in training? Does he look the thing when the tempo of the game and passing is high?

Pozo did fine,he's a quality footballer with a lovely touch and excellent movement.Joleon got stuck into him a few times and he bounced off him very well :)

Garcia is getting better. He isn't the most nimble footed player but I think he will be learning from someone like Gareth Barry who isn't either.It's so much about that first touch but also about knowing where you want to pass the ball before it arrives and when in difficulty being able to use the body to hold off challenges. Barry is expert at that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks Doug for an excellent report as always. So Vinny had a full session ? If so, that's good news.
BTW, I had to think long and hard before working out who Pozo was !! Where did this new name come from ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Duckman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks Doug for an excellent report as always. So Vinny had a full session ? If so, that's good news.
BTW, I had to think long and hard before working out who Pozo was !! Where did this new name come from ??

City took him from Real Madrid.

[youtube]f7IQ6FFwsvM[/youtube]
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Duckman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

So Pozo did well?

Pozo did fine,he's a quality footballer with a lovely touch and excellent movement.Joleon got stuck into him a few times and he bounced off him very well :)

Garcia is getting better. He isn't the most nimble footed player but I think he will be learning from someone like Gareth Barry who isn't either.It's so much about that first touch but also about knowing where you want to pass the ball before it arrives and when in difficulty being able to use the body to hold off challenges. Barry is expert at that.

When I watch him closely, during the games, I get a feeling like he isnt helping his team mates by not positioning himself well to be able to receive the pass. Like he is hiding from the pass. I hope he will grow out of it, as he gets used to PL style of play.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:41 pm

where does pozo usually play...on the wing? does he have pace?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Would like to see Carlos and Sergio get a few starts together during the Xmas period, they are looking hungry. Anything regarding the Italian Job of Mario?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Chinners wrote:Tops as always, cheers Doug

Even more than always, if I may.
Plenty of good news and extremely detailed report which had me almost moistening on a couple of lines.
Glad to see Mancini much focused on improving the outcome on final 20 yards. Glad to understand that football is flowing naturally with additional speed. Very glad to understand that They are taking caution on Jimmy and Vinnie. If needed City can cope with Reading even without Their most valuable contribution.

Devoted tribute, Sir DH.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby wolfie1988 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Top report as usual Doug.

Great to hear that Guidetti is training fully now. What do you believe the reason for him being with the reserves was? Is it because they're training is a little more intense at this time of the year due to the lack of games they play whilst the 1st team are just keeping the wheels in motion?
wolfie1988
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks Doug for an excellent report as always. So Vinny had a full session ? If so, that's good news.

Always known as Pozo as far as I was aware.

Vinny didn't take part in everything but what he did looked ok to me.Just City being sensible and will wait to ensure there is no reaction the next day.Same with Milner.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Duckman wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

So Pozo did well?

When I watch him closely, during the games, I get a feeling like he isnt helping his team mates by not positioning himself well to be able to receive the pass. Like he is hiding from the pass. I hope he will grow out of it, as he gets used to PL style of play.

Interesting observations but not what I have seen as I feel he is always wanting to be on the ball and looking to play.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm

wolfie1988 wrote:Top report as usual Doug.

Great to hear that Guidetti is training fully now. What do you believe the reason for him being with the reserves was? Is it because they're training is a little more intense at this time of the year due to the lack of games they play whilst the 1st team are just keeping the wheels in motion?

He may well have been training with the reserves for a while now but I didn't know which is why I walked around to check.Not sure of the reasons he is with them and not the first team.Could be as you say.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby daveh1962 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 am

Submit Comments | Comments (2) | Printable Version
Manchester City's Vincent Kompany Manchester City's Vincent Kompany
Cash Out Your Winnings In-Play with Betfair
Vincent Kompany has given Manchester City a major boost by returning to training ahead of Saturday’s league clash with Reading.

The Blues skipper missed the weekend win at Newcastle with a groin injury after being declared a ‘two per cent’ possibility by manager Roberto Mancini ahead of that game.

There had been fears that the injury was worse than initially thought, and that the influential Belgian might be missing for the entire Christmas and New Year schedule, but Kompany was back in action at Carrington yesterday.
Roberto Mancini: Manchester City need Mario Balotelli this Christmas

Keep calm and carry on: Roberto Mancini's message to Manchester City

James Milner has also stepped up his recovery from a hamstring problem, although he is not yet ready to join in training ground matches.

Another boost is that young striker John Guidetti is now back in full training after eight months of fighting back from a virus which caused his leg to go numb.

Samir Nasri and Aleks Kolarov remain doubts for the Blues, while Maicon, Jack Rodwell and Micah Richards are also not yet back in harness.

That is the report from the MUEN today Doug I should suggest that you ask for payment as they have basically lifted the information straight from your report
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 am

daveh1962 wrote:
Submit Comments | Comments (2) | Printable Version
Manchester City's Vincent Kompany Manchester City's Vincent Kompany
Cash Out Your Winnings In-Play with Betfair
Vincent Kompany has given Manchester City a major boost by returning to training ahead of Saturday’s league clash with Reading.

The Blues skipper missed the weekend win at Newcastle with a groin injury after being declared a ‘two per cent’ possibility by manager Roberto Mancini ahead of that game.

There had been fears that the injury was worse than initially thought, and that the influential Belgian might be missing for the entire Christmas and New Year schedule, but Kompany was back in action at Carrington yesterday.
Roberto Mancini: Manchester City need Mario Balotelli this Christmas

Keep calm and carry on: Roberto Mancini's message to Manchester City

James Milner has also stepped up his recovery from a hamstring problem, although he is not yet ready to join in training ground matches.

Another boost is that young striker John Guidetti is now back in full training after eight months of fighting back from a virus which caused his leg to go numb.

Samir Nasri and Aleks Kolarov remain doubts for the Blues, while Maicon, Jack Rodwell and Micah Richards are also not yet back in harness.

That is the report from the MUEN today Doug I should suggest that you ask for payment as they have basically lifted the information straight from your report

Cheeky Bastards!

Saying that, there are many stories pulled off forums and printed as fact. They even use them as their 'Inside Source'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 pm

That's why Sir DH is always so PRUDENT and careful in choosing what to report and what not, imo.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:38 pm

So Pozo did well?

If that was a pun, congrats. If not, as you were.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Return to Training Reports