Last Training of 2012

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Last Training of 2012

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Pouring with rain and windy as I set off but no rain and little wind when I got there for the last session of 2012.Our climate is weird!

19 out today which was a slight surprise to me as I expected a few to have been wounded in the game at Norwich.And also good to see Rodwell outside doing some running later on.Included in the 19 were Razak,Rekik,Suarez and Guidetti.A bunch of watchers with the priviledge of being inside and one or two of them flashing away on their cameras.The real photographer was working away so a special mention and a gold star for Sharon who hasn't been well for a while but keeps getting out there in all weathers getting pictures for the OS.My guess is some willl be up soon.

It was as expected a shortish session which started with a little running and stretching routines to loosen everyone up.Then Mancini took a team away as usual for some basic teamwork and as ever he switched players and formations around.And then it was into a game to finish off and again I was surprised that all who played v Norwich joined in.All but one took part with Yaya doing a little extra work with Ivan before going in.Not an issue though as that's what happened before the Norwich game.

An early break by Lescott lead to a corner with the same at the other end from Milner but it was a snapshot from Carlos that opened the scoring.It's only training but I it's good to see him find the back of the net.A brilliant block from Kolo and some near misses followed from SS,SA and CT before a great break from Razak brought another goal.He cut in from the right beating tackles before Massive blicked his shot,he hammered in the rebound but Lescott cleared off the line leaving Mario to miskick the ball into the corner.Did I mention Mario was back training?

Joe Hart could be heard constantly shouting instructions to his team and I am sure it included "away V Dog" aimed at Vinnie. Edin then scored with a fierce and very confident left footer from the left angle of the 6 yard box.Pablo got hurt but what's new.He was soon fine and back in the thick of the action.Then a great ,fast break from Sinclair set up Mario for another goal.I missed a minute of action now in helping a couple of fans climb into a tree but got a treat when I got back to watching as Silva cut in from the right and unleashed a perfect shot into the far corner. More of that please David! And that was that. It looked like just Sinclair was going to stay out for some shooting practice,Brian Kidd came over to wish the 4 of us behind the fence a Happy New Year as I set off for home and got there before 12 o clock.

Happy New Year to everyone and if it's anything close to 2012 how lucky would we be?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Last Training of 2012

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Once again, thanks for your fantastic efforts throughout & Happy New Year Doug.

Did Guidetti look ok ? No setbacks ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Also, yet another big thanks Doug. These reports really are appreciated and your efforts respected.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Once again, thanks for your fantastic efforts throughout & Happy New Year Doug.

Nothing special but happily no signs of setbacks.Assuming he doesn't go on loan immediately in the NY it would be nice to see him on the bench at least for the Watford game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Once again, thanks for your fantastic efforts throughout & Happy New Year Doug.

Nothing special but happily no signs of setbacks.Assuming he doesn't go on loan immediately in the NY it would be nice to see him on the bench at least for the Watford game.

Indeed. Cheers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bear60 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks for the reports Doug
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Legend of legends. Fantastic work fella, come rain or [strike]shine[/strike] drizzle in 2012
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Cheers Doug, mouth appreciated. Totally agree, it would be nice to see guidetti make the bench soon
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nige » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Great work as always Doug. I wonder what the craic is with YaYa and his reduced sessions yet plays the full 90 minutes?
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby phips » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 pm

see anything of Aleks? Probably not, huh?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 pm

just a huge:

[center]Thanks Sir DH! words are missing, let alone to me.[/center]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

cheers doug, great effort once again really interesting to get inside info on the day to day happenings at city. wishing you and your family a great 2013.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:15 pm

phips wrote:see anything of Aleks? Probably not, huh?

Nope no signs.But Mancini mentioned 2 weeks in the press conference.That would mean the game after the Arse.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Nige wrote:Great work as always Doug. I wonder what the craic is with YaYa and his reduced sessions yet plays the full 90 minutes?

It's far from the norm for Yaya to be out there but not be involved in everything so I take the last couple of occasions as unusual and confirmation that he might not be 100% but just OK and not needing a strong match session.As for playing 90 minutes all the time it simply reflects how vital Mancini sees his ability and contribution.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Nige wrote:Great work as always Doug. I wonder what the craic is with YaYa and his reduced sessions yet plays the full 90 minutes?

It's far from the norm for Yaya to be out there but not be involved in everything so I take the last couple of occasions as unusual and confirmation that he might not be 100% but just OK and not needing a strong match session.As for playing 90 minutes all the time it simply reflects how vital Mancini sees his ability and contribution.

And understandably so.

Cheers for your efforts this year Doug. It was a bit of a shitter with the pass revoking issue but fair play how you keep these reports going.

To you and your sturdy ladder, I salute you Sir.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to Training Reports