First 2013 Training

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: First 2013 Training

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Tomorrow can you punch that knobhead from the BBC that did a piece from outside the training ground for the 10 o clock news? Maybe not a punch, just commedy 'turn' with your ladder on your shoulder and some accidental head contact. (Slap stick never goes out of fashion)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Dameerto wrote:Tomorrow can you punch that knobhead from the BBC that did a piece from outside the training ground for the 10 o clock news? Maybe not a punch, just commedy 'turn' with your ladder on your shoulder and some accidental head contact. (Slap stick never goes out of fashion)

Did the BBC really send a reporter along? I saw the SSN guy doing his 5 oclock bit when I happened past.My god I will have to be there early tomorrow. I think SSN will be all over the place tomorrow so any sign of ladders might bring them running so an accident could be just the thing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Did the BBC really send a reporter along? I saw the SSN guy doing his 5 oclock bit when I happened past.My god I will have to be there early tomorrow. I think SSN will be all over the place tomorrow so any sign of ladders might bring them running so an accident could be just the thing.

Turned on the 10 o'clock news and they were part way through a bit about the 'bust up'. Couldn't believe they classed it as news, but then they put in lots of different photos to show how big the argument was. However, some of them were clearly part of the training game, unless Mancini attacked Kolo as well. Looked pretty effective listening to someone talk about the bust up whilst showing pictures of mass brawls that were actually just a football match.

Well done BBC. Journalism standards as high as the Mail. Hope City tell them where to shove their next Football Focus special
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Turned on the 10 o'clock news and they were part way through a bit about the 'bust up'. Couldn't believe they classed it as news, but then they put in lots of different photos to show how big the argument was. However, some of them were clearly part of the training game, unless Mancini attacked Kolo as well. Looked pretty effective listening to someone talk about the bust up whilst showing pictures of mass brawls that were actually just a football match.

Well done BBC. Journalism standards as high as the Mail. Hope City tell them where to shove their next Football Focus special

Tbh, if we welcome this shit in with landing lights on, we can hardly complain when it lands.

The whole episode is unprofessional, pathetic & deserves all the piss taking it gets. I can put up with it because I'm just a season ticket holder & we won trophies, but I would not have these people spearheading a billion pound operation if it was my money.

What other business puts up with this kind of behaviour from it's management & highest paid assets ?

This whole season has been close to shambles imo, & this puts the tin hat on it. This just as we seem to be finding form ?

Nope, it makes me sad to say it but if I was the Sheikh, irrespective of whether it has a good or bad or indifferent impact on the pitch, I would not trust these characters at the top end of my organisation. They are like spoilt schoolchildren with mental issues.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tbh, if we welcome this shit in with landing lights on, we can hardly complain when it lands.

The whole episode is unprofessional, pathetic & deserves all the piss taking it gets. I can put up with it because I'm just a season ticket holder & we won trophies, but I would not have these people spearheading a billion pound operation if it was my money.

What other business puts up with this kind of behaviour from it's management & highest paid assets ?

This whole season has been close to shambles imo, & this puts the tin hat on it. This just as we seem to be finding form ?

Nope, it makes me sad to say it but if I was the Sheikh, irrespective of whether it has a good or bad or indifferent impact on the pitch, I would not trust these characters at the top end of my organisation. They are like spoilt schoolchildren with mental issues.

Grown men. Paid millions. Kicking a ball and yelling at other men on where to go before and after they kick it. Not exactly the boardroom of Harvard or Apple. And even then those environs are a lot more bullyboy than anyone would like to know.

After ruminating on this today maybe the tension can create the passion we need to win...someone gives a fuck enough to fight for something, etc...
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Heard 2 interviews tonight on the radio. Sven was one where he said he spoke with City about how it was wrong for fans and anyone to be able to see the training sessions. Bit strange that as when Sven was there the gates were opened and anyone that turned up was allowed inside the fencing to watch.

Then on 5 live some reporter was talking about the public walkway and how City wanted to stop the access for anyone but couldn't. He mentioned that somebody (me) was always there watching and did training reports which was great for fans and harmless as they didn't give away sensitive information. He said he suggested that said person should be allowed inside and that had happened. He didn't mention it wasn't still happening.He went on to say he told them to build even higher fences even though they were probably not allowed to by the council on the basis that by the time any dispute was resolved we would have moved to the new site.

Cant wait for tomorrow's instalment.I might go very early and see how close they allow me to get to the press conference.

Give Doug/Mancityfans.net that bloody pass! and build up those bloody 3 floors high fances.
Sorted. Everybodys happy. Club, manager, fans, free and qualitative information.

think a cheers is apt here.
can't give a flying on Doomie sentiments.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 am

Storm in a teacup.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby King Kev » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 am

london blue 2 wrote:To be fair Mancini must shoulder some of the blame today by the sounds of things.

It's difficult to make a judgement call because all of the reports seems to come from the one source so are exactly the same.

If what has been said is accurate, then I would agree that Mancini should shoulder some, if not most, of the blame.

I wonder if Mancini would have reacted as he did if it had been another player who brought Sinclair down? I doubt it. He says that he treats Mario like any other player, but he clearly does not. How many other players does he blank when they come off to be subbed?

It worries me that Mario was walking away from Mancini and did his best not to react, whereas Mancini went following him and seemed to not want to let the matter lie. It is one thing making it clear to the players that he though Mario had done wrong, but it is quite another to pursue him around the training pitch and physically attack him!

Having said all that, I love Mancini and had run out of patience with Balotelli even before this incident. Mancini should apologise to Mario, the other players and to the fans.. then sell Balotelli asap.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 am

He blanked Rekik when he came off after his debut - I thought that was out of order at the time. He tends to blank a lot of the players really. I think it depends what mood he's in.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bobby brows » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 am

Mancio4ever wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Heard 2 interviews tonight on the radio. Sven was one where he said he spoke with City about how it was wrong for fans and anyone to be able to see the training sessions. Bit strange that as when Sven was there the gates were opened and anyone that turned up was allowed inside the fencing to watch.

Then on 5 live some reporter was talking about the public walkway and how City wanted to stop the access for anyone but couldn't. He mentioned that somebody (me) was always there watching and did training reports which was great for fans and harmless as they didn't give away sensitive information. He said he suggested that said person should be allowed inside and that had happened. He didn't mention it wasn't still happening.He went on to say he told them to build even higher fences even though they were probably not allowed to by the council on the basis that by the time any dispute was resolved we would have moved to the new site.

Cant wait for tomorrow's instalment.I might go very early and see how close they allow me to get to the press conference.

Give Doug/Mancityfans.net that bloody pass! and build up those bloody 3 floors high fances.
Sorted. Everybodys happy. Club, manager, fans, free and qualitative information.

can we register mancityfans.net as a news sight? there is a news section afterall and then we could have Doug as the roaming reporter (with ladder) and then he'd be entitled to press credentials and get him into the press conference then If the MEN can pass itself off as news...
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Grown men. Paid millions. Kicking a ball and yelling at other men on where to go before and after they kick it. Not exactly the boardroom of Harvard or Apple. And even then those environs are a lot more bullyboy than anyone would like to know.

After ruminating on this today maybe the tension can create the passion we need to win...someone gives a fuck enough to fight for something, etc...

Perhaps so, but there is a difference between passion & hysterics. We need plenty of the first & an end to the second, once and for all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am

King Kev wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:To be fair Mancini must shoulder some of the blame today by the sounds of things.

It's difficult to make a judgement call because all of the reports seems to come from the one source so are exactly the same.

If what has been said is accurate, then I would agree that Mancini should shoulder some, if not most, of the blame.

I wonder if Mancini would have reacted as he did if it had been another player who brought Sinclair down? I doubt it. He says that he treats Mario like any other player, but he clearly does not. How many other players does he blank when they come off to be subbed?

It worries me that Mario was walking away from Mancini and did his best not to react, whereas Mancini went following him and seemed to not want to let the matter lie. It is one thing making it clear to the players that he though Mario had done wrong, but it is quite another to pursue him around the training pitch and physically attack him!

Having said all that, I love Mancini and had run out of patience with Balotelli even before this incident. Mancini should apologise to Mario, the other players and to the fans.. then sell Balotelli asap.

I think the best bet is for Mancini just to use the line about 'these things happen' rather than losing face. Then sell Mario asap.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I think the best bet is for Mancini just to use the line about 'these things happen' rather than losing face. Then sell Mario asap.

Eez normal
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 am

Ha ha, I was listening to that whilst on the bus and when they said it I just shouted "get in there Doug" .... to the non amusement of my fellow passengers
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby benmckean » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:

He has pretty much said exactly that http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... i-incident
benmckean
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 pm

bobby brows wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

can we register mancityfans.net as a news sight? there is a news section afterall and then we could have Doug as the roaming reporter (with ladder) and then he'd be entitled to press credentials and get him into the press conference then If the MEN can pass itself off as news...

I've long wondered of that [even posted a suggestion to that effect, gone totally ignored] an year or so ago.
Do not know enough about the UK legislation on about to plead further on topic, but I also think that Sir DH's reporting punditry, indisputable integrity and commitment to the CLUB, first and foremost, should have already granted that pass regardless.
It's just weird and quite silly by the Club: should take much effort to, say, involve him in whatsoever kind of CITC consultancy, just for the sake of have him contractually bound to the Club's secrecy... to say the very least option.

I really wonder if there's had been none around here in the last 2 years who could have slipped the issue on some discretional desk at Club.

=========================================================================================================

aside Doomie's literaly bang on the money.
it has always made me mad to think that a bloke like Mario earns the whole combined payroll of Cambridge and Oxford teaching bodies... in return one would - at very least - expect to have only Milner-like professionalism from those ignorant blessed twats.
Instead You often have Burton, Ireland, Bellers, Adebayor or Mario and frankly I do not give a shit on that Mario had certainly got a difficult boyhood to evolve from. plenty of mean street blokes had the same problems but keep pushing hard, heads down.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Dougs reports were sent out at one point but our lovely uk journo's were using his words as their own and even lying in some cases. Therefore we decided to keep it local rather than global, on request.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Dougs reports were sent out at one point but our lovely uk journo's were using his words as their own and even lying in some cases. Therefore we decided to keep it local rather than global, on request.

Do you mean by way of the News page?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Do you mean by way of the News page?

A few were but the main were tweeted with links to our report thread.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Do you mean by way of the News page?

A few were but the main were tweeted with links to our report thread.

Cheers mate, I don't do Twitter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to Training Reports