Training Friday 4/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 4/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Got there early today which was just as well as most parking spaces had already gone.Mario arrived as I got out of my car and one camera crew snapped him as he went in and the left straightaway. The vultures were gathering outside the venue for the press conference with uncertainty remaining as to whether Mancini would be there.Never in doubt imo that he would be as it was proved.I listened to the first part of the press conference before typing this and Mancini is right in what he said as it was not a fight yesterday.He did lose his temper for a short while yesterday but that's gone and we move on.

The pitch for today had few viewing places for anyone and really only 1 for photographers but surprisingly ,yet again,nothing had been done to block it.I got into position with Neil from BMoon and we saw 18 players come out,including Mario of course and we watched business as usual.The 18 included Kolarov,fully involved as well as Suarez and Lopes but not yet Rodwell although he was out again working 1 on 1.Guidetti was not involved today but I do hope there has been no setback and it was just part of his fitness regime to be inside today

Mancini took a team away early for some regular team work before they all got together for a passing game,Two touch stuff mainly using small nets and who else scored the first goal but Mario. Followed by Edin,Zaba and Barry.Watching on,apart from the usual bunch of "onlookers" was Chief Exec ,Soriano ( don't know the spelling) no doubt having a good look at the existing facilities with it's strengths and weaknesses.And so onto the game.

A quality early goal set the standard as Milner looked up to see Lopes free at the back of the 6 hard box and found him with a perfect cross ball.One touch to control it and a top finish by the young man. Milner added his own finish shortly after with a screamer from 20 yards.Then a BBC video cameraman interrupted and asked me if he could use my ladders for a second or two.I don't think he was too pleased with my answer of not a chance in hell.He managed to move some young utd fans from a tree stump to climb up and take some footage which he said was for BBC news at one.I aksed if the pictures were any good through the curtain and he said he couldn't see much and couldn't even see if Mario was on the pitch!

Lopes nearly scored again but for a top class block by Kolo.Then at the other end a good save from a Sinclair effort fell to Suarez and with Joe Hart screaming from the other end of the pitch for him to finish it,Denis coolly took a touch around a desperate defender and slotted it home.Then another goal where Barry hit the post for Sinclair to slot in the rebound.I think the game was due to end then but they played on I assume with the golden goal call coming.It didn't take long as Edin ,I think, cut the ball back for Mario to knock it in.He hadn't played a major part till then but it was good finish.

A few stayed out for a bit more.Kolo and Aleks for some running, Nasti working with Gregucci and it appeared mostly on passing and then Mario and Sinclair with some shooting practice. One of Mario's early shots was saved by Joe but he took it full on in the stomach/chest and it really seemed to wind him.Mario was really striking the ball well and 2 keepers were struggling to stop anything. Gradually things started to even out with both keepers Joe and Wright making some good saves and Sinclair who wasn't on fire at the start getting better and better.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 4/1

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Cheers DH, I have to say from reading the reports and having the knowledge that the club probably monitor your reports, i'm pretty surprised they dont do more to accomodate you. It's pretty clear that you are a loyal fan and that you'll be reporting whether you inside or out, i'd like to think that you have shown a professionalism that warrents a bit of special treatment.

Instead they leave you out in the cold to fend off the vultures armed only with your trusty ladder.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Cheers DH, I have to say from reading the reports and having the knowledge that the club probably monitor your reports, i'm pretty surprised they dont do more to accomodate you. It's pretty clear that you are a loyal fan and that you'll be reporting whether you inside or out, i'd like to think that you have shown a professionalism that warrents a bit of special treatment.

Instead they leave you out in the cold to fend off the vultures armed only with your trusty ladder.

Here here. Or should I say hear hear. I agree anyhow.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 pm

'Can I borrow your ladder?'

'Fuck off!' was the reply.

BBC News at One - 'Cameraman abused by Mario's Watcher'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Top stuff DH, including handling of the Beeb vulture.

Wont ask feedback on projected team for Watford but involvement of Youngster makes me hopeful and happy. shame it won't be on air, tho.

Did You applied to CEO for the pass, btw? seriously... it must be sorted in a way or the other. My stupid thinkering about are on yesterday's report.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks Doug, interesting as ever.

Any chance you could tell us which player Mario twatted today?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Good to see yesterdays incident has concentrated Mario's mind.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:'Can I borrow your ladder?'

'Fuck off!' was the reply.

BBC News at One - 'Cameraman abused by Mario's Watcher'.

I had a look at BBC news at one and they did a slot re Mario with footage at the front gate and down the side of the car park where the "footpath" goes but nothing was shown from the footage attempted next to me.I can see enough but I felt certain nothing would be seen on a film taken through the curtain.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Did You applied to CEO for the pass, btw? My stupid thinkering about are on yesterday's report.

what language is this?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

phips wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:Did You applied to CEO for the pass, btw? My stupid thinkering about are on yesterday's report.

what language is this?

shite?
[highlight]Edit for Shakespeare's sake:[/highlight]
Did You apply to the CEO for the pass, btw? My stupid considerations on subject issue are on yesterday's report

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby 13021J » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Douglas you said Kolo was there has he not gone to the ACN yet?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

13021J wrote:Douglas you said Kolo was there has he not gone to the ACN yet?

Kolo was definitely there as was Razak. Razak has since flown out to join the team but I am not sure about Kolo.I thought Mancini had said that we would lose the Toures after the Watford game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
13021J wrote:Douglas you said Kolo was there has he not gone to the ACN yet?

Kolo was definitely there as was Razak. Razak has since flown out to join the team but I am not sure about Kolo.I thought Mancini had said that we would lose the Toures after the Watford game.

I think Yaya must be giving Kolo a back brief from the meeting.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I fully expect a planning permission will go in to try and stop access to the track or build a new wall around the training ground.
Soriano wont have liked yesterday but hey in two years it wont matter as they will be in the new fancy gaff.

Top reporting Doug and it still perplexes me why your not involved in a more official role.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goataldo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 am

Ta muchly; informative read as always, and credit to you for leaving out the horrific twelve man brawl, particularly as it had been brewing for weeks, and especially the bit about the biting and gouging.

I bet at least one pseudo-news-outlet publishes that as fact somewhere in the world
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby phips » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:45 pm

how did Kolraov look? Im anxious to get him back to have some cover for Clichy
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 pm

phips wrote:how did Kolraov look? Im anxious to get him back to have some cover for Clichy

He seemed ok.Fully involved on Friday after a decent work out the day before but the fact that he wasn't involved in the game said all there was to know about how ready he was.Should be ok for next weekend.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports