Training Wednesday 9/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Wednesday 9/1

Postby bobby brows » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 am

how much do cherry pickers cost?
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 am

I like the sound of this.

If we are focused on this & then; just keep it simple, do what we know & do our best, then I think we can do Arsenal but if we don't, at least we have done our best.

If we suudenly go all Martian in tactics & team selection, I will be very unimpressed.

This feels encouraging.

Cheers Doug & sorry about your ladders, but I was desperate.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:38 am

Mase wrote:Sinclair sounds like he smashes it up in training!

Bet he smashes it up when he gets home, too.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Risby wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:<null>

How is he settling in to the group. Is he one of the gang now and getting involved in all the banter.
Just think the more comfortable he feels, the more he will begin to shine. After all, who wouldn't be intimidated at first by a squad like ours.

I have no idea but that's where we miss the likes of Nige de Jong, he was always a huge influence around the training ground. I'm sure Doug will vouch for that.

Every team needs leaders on the pitch but you also need them off it. Nige was that man.

Nigel was certainly great in the changing room and at training and that's just from what I can see.But he certainly wasn't alone in that as others play important roles with new players,like Vinnie.But everyone is different.Some will settle quickly and others take time.

With Kun it was as if he had always been here ,he settled so quickly and easily.Being as good as he is helped but he just has a brilliant manner about him and he gets on very well with players and staff alike. Joleon I recall was different ( or it seemed that way to me).Not that he has a bad manner or anything like that but I think he was a little overawed and shy and it took him a while to feel settled.Once that happened not only his game and confidence came on in leaps and bounds but he also became much more of a character within the group of players.

I would liken Sinclair more with Joleon.Maybe disbelieving where he was and the players around him so lacked some confidence which of course hasn't come shining through as he has had so few opportunities.Maybe it will still happen for him.

Sorry, I'm busy getting rid of her shit tan!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to Training Reports