Training Wednesday 9/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 9/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

It was very foggy at 11 this morning so I suggested to Roberto that it would be better for my viewing if the timing was put back.He agreed so 2pm it was and by then it was very clear.To save hassle I left my ladders in the undergrowth and it turns out I shouldn't have faith in my fellow human beings as they weren't there when I got back.Ah well I know I am sad for always going to watch the training but at least not as sad as the useless being who took the ladders. Good luck to him when he finds out they don't work as ladders and are only of value to lean up against something.I needed new ones anyway.

Good job I didn't need them today either as they trained on the pitch where the pictures were taken last week and the viewing there is still very easy.19 on view today which included Suarez,Guidetti and Boyata.Mario was out early chatting with Mancini who also had chats with Garcia and Edin before going into the usual pre session briefing.

After 3 days off since the cup game they went through a few more warm up and stretching exercises than usual.Then into a 3 touch game all about pass/move first touch essential and plenty of team pressing.I was standing just next to the keepers today and it was good to hear the camaraderie in the 3some.Always encouraging,congratulating each other. One moment I actually missed caused plenty of laughter but hopefully Sharon will have captured the moment as she was there taking pictures at the time.They all ran over to have a look so I expect something on the OS soon to see what I missed.

Mancini then took the whole group off to a pitch I couldn't see without ladders and Lopes joined for this session from the youth team training session.A photographer had just arrived before they left so good timing for him to get nothing and by the time he had walked all the way round to get a better view they had come back.I took the opportunity to wander round to see the young guns training ( plus Mark Allen playing as center back!) and was there just in time to see a sweet finish from Pozo. One touch to control and the next to volley home.

Mancini's session is usually all about formation/shape and basics but I think they may well have done this with two teams on the pitch rather than the usual one.The only player who didn't take part in this was Guidetti who had some shooting practice with the remaining keeper. Time for another moan here.As I wandered further round than usual it struck me just how much litter there is lying around.Just strikes me as so sad that there are so many plebs who just don't give a toss and will drop all sorts of litter without a second thought.

After what was a longer session with Mancini than usual they all came back round.I thought it would be for the game but first of all it was for more fitness work and quite a bit of running.Then the game and it was 9 v 9.3 players missed the game and Richard Wright filled in as the left sided defender in a back 3.Pretty good he was too.There was an early goal to get it going with Mario being given space and time to shoot from about 18 yards.He said thanks as put it in the left corner.

The game was interesting without the intensity of some other occasions and the 2nd goal came from Sinclair latching onto a loose ball and again plenty of space to score easily. There was a lot of pressure on the other goal which seemed to have been ended but the ball went to Vinnie who curled a brilliant right footer in off the bar and post.Strangely I heard the call for golden goal,even though I thought it was 2.1 but it came quite quickly when Sinclair robbed a defender and struck a sweet shot just inside the right post. That was that and just as well as darkness was coming in fast.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 9/1

Postby shortagain » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Time for another moan here.As I wandered further round than usual it struck me just how much litter there is lying around.Just strikes me as so sad that there are so many plebs who just don't give a toss and will drop all sorts of litter without a second thought.

Now now Doug, they are only trying to get the place to look like their homes!

Great info as usual mate, you should have told Roberto someone had nicked you ladders, he may have let you back inside
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Ladder thieves eh? I think thats a step too far.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Cheers Doug. Once we've raised the cash for Bingo's Circle disk, I reckon a new set of ladders should be next on the MCF.net fundraising list, it's the least we should do for these daily reports.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Ladder thieves eh? I think thats a step too far.

Agreed, they should have their necks rung.

Thanks Doug.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Chinners wrote:Cheers Doug. Once we've raised the cash for Bingo's Circle disk, I reckon a new set of ladders should be next on the MCF.net fundraising list, it's the least we should do for these daily reports.

Just in case.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:Cheers Doug. Once we've raised the cash for Bingo's Circle disk, I reckon a new set of ladders should be next on the MCF.net fundraising list, it's the least we should do for these daily reports.

Just in case.

That's what I was thinking I should have next.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm

shortagain wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Time for another moan here.As I wandered further round than usual it struck me just how much litter there is lying around.Just strikes me as so sad that there are so many plebs who just don't give a toss and will drop all sorts of litter without a second thought.

Now now Doug, they are only trying to get the place to look like their homes!

Pathetic isn't it.Bit of a pet hate of mine.Last season I picked something that a scrote had dropped and suggested he kept it in his pocket.You can imagine the verbals I got back but this one was a scum fan so even less of a surprise in how he responded.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby littlebig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Great work Douglas, enjoyable as always
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Ladder thieves eh? I think thats a step too far.

Agreed, they should have their necks rung.

Thanks Doug.

It's the height of rudeness
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Still no Rodwell?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Rise above em Doug!
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Sinclair sounds like he smashes it up in training!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

phips wrote:Still no Rodwell?

Nothing today that I saw but I am sure he is working hard inside.The reality is surely that they will be looking at him and his fitness extra carefully considering what has happened since we got him so that they don't make the mistake of hurrying him back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Mase wrote:Sinclair sounds like he smashes it up in training!

Interesting you should say that. He has found the net a few times lately and even though it's only small sided games and training I would say he has shown up a little better in recent weeks. At least a couple of times as well he hasn't just stayed out wide so maybe they are looking at him as not just a wide left attacking midfield player.Nothing to get carried away about as he still hasn't been given a real opportunity in a game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby pride in battle » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I was talking to Vinnie in Dubai airport today as we were checking in for a flight to manchester. He seemed really positive about everything and said his heart is set on retaining the title.
YOU DON'T NEED EYES TO SEE, YOU NEED VISION !
pride in battle
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:Sinclair sounds like he smashes it up in training!

Interesting you should say that. He has found the net a few times lately and even though it's only small sided games and training I would say he has shown up a little better in recent weeks. At least a couple of times as well he hasn't just stayed out wide so maybe they are looking at him as not just a wide left attacking midfield player.Nothing to get carried away about as he still hasn't been given a real opportunity in a game.

That's interesting Doug. I've never classed Sinclair as a winger, more an outside attacking forward. I'm wondering if he wasn't brought in for his width (although it's an option) but more for his attacking qualities to complement our current set-up?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Risby » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:<null>

How is he settling in to the group. Is he one of the gang now and getting involved in all the banter.
Just think the more comfortable he feels, the more he will begin to shine. After all, who wouldn't be intimidated at first by a squad like ours.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Risby wrote:

How is he settling in to the group. Is he one of the gang now and getting involved in all the banter.
Just think the more comfortable he feels, the more he will begin to shine. After all, who wouldn't be intimidated at first by a squad like ours.

I have no idea but that's where we miss the likes of Nige de Jong, he was always a huge influence around the training ground. I'm sure Doug will vouch for that.

Every team needs leaders on the pitch but you also need them off it. Nige was that man.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Risby wrote:

I have no idea but that's where we miss the likes of Nige de Jong, he was always a huge influence around the training ground. I'm sure Doug will vouch for that.

Every team needs leaders on the pitch but you also need them off it. Nige was that man.

Nigel was certainly great in the changing room and at training and that's just from what I can see.But he certainly wasn't alone in that as others play important roles with new players,like Vinnie.But everyone is different.Some will settle quickly and others take time.

With Kun it was as if he had always been here ,he settled so quickly and easily.Being as good as he is helped but he just has a brilliant manner about him and he gets on very well with players and staff alike. Joleon I recall was different ( or it seemed that way to me).Not that he has a bad manner or anything like that but I think he was a little overawed and shy and it took him a while to feel settled.Once that happened not only his game and confidence came on in leaps and bounds but he also became much more of a character within the group of players.

I would liken Sinclair more with Joleon.Maybe disbelieving where he was and the players around him so lacked some confidence which of course hasn't come shining through as he has had so few opportunities.Maybe it will still happen for him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports