Training Thursday 10/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 10/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Crisp and cold today.I noticed when I was walking round that City have an academy building in the Sale Sharks set up.Not seen that before so must find out what it's about.

18 players out today including Guidetti,Suarez and Boyata again and today with Mario and his new hairstyle.Pictures already out on facebook etc I understand and it seemed that photographers had been sent scurrying along just for pictures of him.How sad is that.One guy said he had been sent but he had forgotten his steps so could he borrow mine.Some kind of comedian obviously. Plenty inside watching as usual and Inside City getting more footage for the the version that i think will come out on Saturday.Maybe with a very quick look at a certain regular behind the fence and an attempt to show the view I had.He didn't though get a picture of some fat guy who had nicked a ball that had come over the fence.When asked if it was a City ball he said "no it's mine,I brought it along for a kick about" He was a bit too big to argue with even though only the mentality of a gnat ( must be a red!)

Plenty of warm ups stuff as usual before Mancini took a team away for regular pre match work on formations and attacking and defensive movements.The attacking plays were sharp and varied with the boss clearly looking for speed of play and one touch passing.Back then to another pitch which was better for me and a strong session on finishing.They split into 2 groups and it was a little routine near the edge of the box.In and out of steps or small hurdles and then a quick wall pass to take the ball on the edge of the box and take the keeper on. I felt for Wright at my end as he was the only keeper and he had to get up really quickly as the strikers just kept on coming.

Best goal at my end was a Pablo lob as Wright raced at him.There was a massive cheer at the other end which I think was a Joleon goal but it could have been a miss!After that I thought it would be a game to finish.It was but with a difference as one team had to score in small nets ( 2 of them) and the other into a big net with a keeper.It was 9v9.All the goals bar 1 were into the small nets from Edin,Guidetti and 2 from Clichy.The one past the keeper was very special from Mario. He intercepted a headed back pass on his chest.It took him past the keeper and away from goal so he executed a perfect bicycle kick to score from about 6 or 7 yards.

While this game was going on the other 2 keepers,Joe and Costel were practicing kicking and first touch on backpasses.The best goal and the final one was scored by Sinclair but it was the interpassing between Carlos and Barry that made it so good. Maybe 7 or 8 short sharp passes to create the space for an easy goal. That finished but they carried on breaking into 2 groups for 4 a side games but I left then.So if anything happened in the remaining few minutes I missed it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 10/1

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Cheers Doug. Great stuff as always.

Do you know anything about this lad ? It says he played v Blackburn but I don't recall him appearing in your report.

http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-sports-s ... +City.html
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Top stuff as always Douglas.
TOTAL RESPECT,i love catching you on Inside City.

PS your easily the most dedicated at training every day.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug. Great stuff as always.

Do you know anything about this lad ? It says he played v Blackburn but I don't recall him appearing in your report.

http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-sports-s ... +City.html

I am fairly sure he didn't play in the game on Monday and I haven't ever heard of him or seen him play as far as I know.Which is strange as he is supposedly 19 or 20 years old! The guy who played central midfield who I didn't know I believe turned out to be Assiani (memory gone again) and he didn't look like this guy.I will ask around tonight.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Joe Hart on TalkShite this afternoon but I don't know exact timing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Top stuff as always Douglas.
TOTAL RESPECT,i love catching you on Inside City.

PS your easily the most dedicated at training every day.

I've never seen Doug on Inside City

They should have a seperate feature for Doug called Outside City
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to Training Reports