Training Wednesday 16/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 16/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Not exactly warm today but the undersoil heating did it's job and there were two pitches available to use.Firstly congratulations to whoever for finally sorting the netting out to stop photographers getting easy pictures on the 2 pitches nearest the changing rooms.There have been gaps for ever which have been shut off at least. ( shame they can still get longer distance ones from the swamp side.

The best news though was seeing Aguero in full training and with Rodwell alongside him. No Maicon yet although he was out running when I arrived.As the 20 players congregated it was noticeable one player was in shorts. No prizes for guessing and he only had short socks as well! When they got closer one of the young ones was in shorts as well but at least he had long socks. Boyata and Suarez were there at the start again and Lopes came over later for the final game.

Nothing special in the warm ups as they broke into two groups but after a the initial stuff most carried on doing exercise routines while the 2 strikers worked separately with Mancini.Looked like he was focusing on working off each other.Then it was into a game situation as 2 keepers came over,Lawlor and Wright on this occasion. I don't think any goals were scored in what was a very short 5 minute game but I had to break off to throw balls back which had come over from the keeper session.

So after the 5 minute game most came over for more exercise routines while Mancini again took the strikers plus 2 midfield players for more special work on their interplay. Then back again for a 5 minute game where Edin hit the post with a low cross shot and Barry tapped in after a Garcia shot had been saved.5 minutes was up and back for more exercises and Mancini working with the strikers plus 2 other midfield players.

Another goal and this time a top team goal with Carlos ultimately feeding Edin for an easy finish. from behind a curtain it's not easy to see every detail but Kun looked ok and took one heavy challenge with no problems.I couldn't say if he is ready for Saturday and will wait to see what RM says in the pre match press conference. Rodders also looked fine but I am sure he will need more training sessions before he gets back into games.

Drinks then followed by another match of sorts and that's where Lopes came to make up numbers as Kun rested. Mancini took a long time talking to the teams before this started as he was clearly looking for specific things in the "game" and on a few occasions he did stop play to talk more.He remains a meticulous coach who knows what he wants and this game was not just about a free for all.

Mario nicked a ball from a defender to score by taking the ball past the keeper and I think that was the only goal but there was plenty of good play and passing.A good session in the freezing conditions,everyone in top spirits on Zaba's birthday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 16/1

Postby Duckman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Cheers Doug.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Cheers Doug. Glad to see we've got a couple more bodies back.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Cheers Doug. Did they give Zabbers the bumps?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Chinners wrote:Cheers Doug. Did they give Zabbers the bumps?

Would have been fun to watch our mancunian boys doing that. More than likely recognised in the warmth inside.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Cheers, good news on Kun.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks Doug.
What's the story with Boyata. He was already playing with the first team 2 or 3 seasons ago. Was he on loan somewhere ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks Doug.
What's the story with Boyata. He was already playing with the first team 2 or 3 seasons ago. Was he on loan somewhere ?

Loaned to Bolton initially but more recently this season to FC Twente in Holland where he didn't make the grade.Just back with us for 2013
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks Doug.

Loaned to Bolton initially but more recently this season to FC Twente in Holland where he didn't make the grade.Just back with us for 2013

Cheers Doug.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Only thing i m wonder if Nasri will put amazing Milner on bench or would Milner go back on Garcia position all do i think hes great on right side last games that he play.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

If I'm Mancini I'm playing the exact same lineup as vs Arsenal except maybe with AK on the left to rest Clichy. Milner has done everything to prove he should be starting every game right now and keep Nasri on the bench.

Maybe put him centrally alongside Barry and drop Garcia for Nasri though.
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby chips » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Milner provides us with width when playing on the right and puts in some dangerous crosses. Him and zaba work well together. Nasri doesn't off either of those. He is more the Silva type player, and considering form, no way would i drop jimmy jaws.
chips
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

chips wrote:Milner provides us with width when playing on the right and puts in some dangerous crosses. Him and zaba work well together. Nasri doesn't off either of those. He is more the Silva type player, and considering form, no way would i drop jimmy jaws.

Milner works well with Zaba but he works brilliantly with Silva. If he doesn't play it's because he deserves a rest but for me he plays
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby littlebig » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

Milner has done more than enough to deserve a run of games and long may it continue. Might be a good psychological kick up the hole for Nasri to be sat on the bench for a spell.

Thanks Douglas
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 am

littlebig wrote:Milner has done more than enough to deserve a run of games and long may it continue. Might be a good psychological kick up the hole for Nasri to be sat on the bench for a spell.

Thanks Douglas

If Nasri is to play, it should be in place of Barry or Garcia, depending on the importance of the game. Certainly not Milner.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
littlebig wrote:Milner has done more than enough to deserve a run of games and long may it continue. Might be a good psychological kick up the hole for Nasri to be sat on the bench for a spell.

Thanks Douglas

If Nasri is to play, it should be in place of Barry or Garcia, depending on the importance of the game. Certainly not Milner.

Yeah, I think we should be able to fit Nasri in against Fulham at home. I would definately not drop Milner as he's been playing his best football since joining IMO.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 am

just watched InsideCity's coverage of the keeper portion of this training session. Seen it Doug? Is that exercise against the wall typical? thats a great exercise..never seen one like it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus