Training Thursday 24/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 24/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Yesterday was a fairly strong long session but today's was gentle and short.Only 16 on view which included Rekik and Boyata and Rekik was recruited late on from the EDS group training on the far side I assume to balance the numbers.No others from that group as I expect they were in final training and preparation for tomorrow's game.

As I said yesterday the fencing is much improved around the pitch nearest Sale Sharks so that there are no easy viewing spots for photographers and the only 1 I saw today was away on the far side hoping the players would change pitches.Just as well because there was constant fighting and squabbling between the players all through the session. Of course that's garbage as today was probably as much about having fun as anything else. After initial jogs and a few exercises they moved into a big keep ball circle including the boss and it had 3 in the middle trying to get a touch.

Not exactly a lot I can feed back from a session like that apart from the laugh they had playing it and especially so if somebody manages a nutmeg.The keepers were working away close to me and they similarly were having fun judging by the noises coming from their corner. No football games at all today as it will have been decided that kind of effort and energy wasn't needed pre the Stoke game.It's probably all about ticking over,keeping training interesting,varied and fun.They finished the keep ball and most just did some stretches and went in but 3 did some shooting,finishing practice to end their day.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 24/1

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 pm

No mention of players quite deliberately from Mr H over two days....methinks a much rumoured transfer may be under discussion and the mohicained one absent

He certainly was nowhere to be seen on the gym photos on the OS yesterday
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

ant london wrote:No mention of players quite deliberately from Mr H over two days....methinks a much rumoured transfer may be under discussion and the mohicained one absent

He certainly was nowhere to be seen on the gym photos on the OS yesterday

have to say the same thought had occurred to me yesterday. but doug is a gentleman and a scholar, so i didn't want to press.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Mario was taking part in the finishing/shooting as I left today. Les Chapman put me on red alert as he anticipated balls flying over the fencing! Next!
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Ha. Excellent.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mario was taking part in the finishing/shooting as I left today. Les Chapman put me on red alert as he anticipated balls flying over the fencing! Next!

tip of the cap to you.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby paul_oresteia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mario was taking part in the finishing/shooting as I left today. Les Chapman put me on red alert as he anticipated balls flying over the fencing! Next!

Haha, well he has been off form this season ;)
paul_oresteia
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Adam Johnson

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

Christ, have they still got Les Chapman chasing footballs ?

I can remember him doing that back at Platt Lane in the dark ages. Someone had nicked one so, for the first time, the gates were closed & we weren't allowed to go inside & watch them train (no photographers were interested in those days), as if we were all ua bunch of thieves. A ball came over the fence & we all stood, arms folded, & ignored it, so they (basically Les) had to come all the way out to fetch it, again & again.

Asa Hartford got upset with us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Christ, have they still got Les Chapman chasing footballs ?

I can remember him doing that back at Platt Lane in the dark ages. Someone had nicked one so, for the first time, the gates were closed & we weren't allowed to go inside & watch them train (no photographers were interested in those days), as if we were all ua bunch of thieves. A ball came over the fence & we all stood, arms folded, & ignored it, so they (basically Les) had to come all the way out to fetch it, again & again.

Asa Hartford got upset with us.

Brandon his assistant usually is the ball finder but was working inside today.I get more balls back than they do anyway.I must save them plenty of money :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Is that why they keep you on the outside young Douglas?
Next time one comes over, get to it before Les Chapman and simply lie on it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm

john68 wrote:Is that why they keep you on the outside young Douglas?

I laughed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:Is that why they keep you on the outside young Douglas?

I laughed.

He would probably tickle me into submission.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports