Training Friday 1/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 1/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Not a lot to report on today as the team resumed training as normal but without the skipper and also no Rodders today.I hope that's precautionary and not a return injury.Just 16 involved including Rekik bit no others from the EDS group who play tonight.Nastasic happily back in full training as was Maicon after his work out with the EDS yesterday.

All the fencing returned to the pre gales position as well so viewing not perfect as Mancini took a team off for some shape/formation work in preparation for Liverpool.A group of planks had got themselves on the far side of the training facility where they could see this part of the training and sadly make themselves heard being plonkers.That finished and after a few more exercises it was into a game of 9 v 9.

That kicked off with an offside goal from Sinclair, good one too apart from the offside and he did the same a bit later.Milner did score despite some offside appeals nicking in at the near post to flick in while Kun put a couple away at the other end and one of those was a near post flick in. Mostly though it was defending to the fore and 2 brilliant efforts especially.One from Joe Hart where he had no right to make a save and the other from Joleon when Sinclair just had to score.And that was about it.

SS,ED,AK and JM stayed out for some finishing practice. JM loading crosses for Edin to move onto under the watchful eye of the boss. Sinclair moving onto balls on the edge of the box to shoot and AK with free kicks. If anyone at all starred in the final session it would have been Richard Wright and I think I heard Milner call him sniffer.Not sure where that comes from.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 1/2

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Cheers Doug.

How does the spirit seem post Mario/QPR ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug.

How does the spirit seem post Mario/QPR ?

everything seemed hunky dory on a routine day in the office
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:03 pm

im assuming Bob will be pairing Lescott and Nasti together while Vinnie is out for three weeks or so....have they begun intense work on that partnership?

also, how does Sinclair seem to be getting along in training? in InsideCity it always looks like he's off by himself and not talking to anyone...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 pm

phips wrote:im assuming Bob will be pairing Lescott and Nasti together while Vinnie is out for three weeks or so....have they begun intense work on that partnership?

also, how does Sinclair seem to be getting along in training? in InsideCity it always looks like he's off by himself and not talking to anyone...

Intense work would be a bit strong but yes they do work together within the team framework.What sort of things would you expect to see them do in training?

That's a bit unfair on Sinclair if that's the way it comes across as he seems to mix in quite well. His training actually seems to have improved too.He definitely doesn't just sit out wide waiting for the ball and his confidence seems to have improved a lot as is demonstrated by his better finishing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

I know Sinclair isn't up to Milner's standard as a player yet but am hoping that like Milner and Barry he is just one who takes time to get used to the squad and find his place in it and is then able to contribute/feature....ie. does not become the English Matias Vuouso
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby phips » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:27 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
phips wrote:im assuming Bob will be pairing Lescott and Nasti together while Vinnie is out for three weeks or so....have they begun intense work on that partnership?

Intense work would be a bit strong but yes they do work together within the team framework.What sort of things would you expect to see them do in training?

That's a bit unfair on Sinclair if that's the way it comes across as he seems to mix in quite well. His training actually seems to have improved too.He definitely doesn't just sit out wide waiting for the ball and his confidence seems to have improved a lot as is demonstrated by his better finishing.

Good to hear about Sinclair.

And all i meant by intense work with Lescott and Nasti was merely in reference to their communication and figuring out how to play together, since they haven't
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus