Training Friday 8/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 8/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

It's been a week since I was last at Carrington because of the midweek internationals and when I arrived it was all quiet bar 2 coaches setting stuff up.Took a while before players came out then followed by Mancini after his press conference.Probably a long than usual press conference as the idiots asking the questions would have struggled with Mario having moved on.Then I hear they stayed stupid and asked if Mancini was leaving.

The pre session briefing was a little ,longer than usual as well before they broke off to do initial warm up exercises.18 on show and great to see the skipper out there.Just one obvious missing player but I don't know if Mancini mentioned him so I won't.Mancini then too a team off for some basic teamwork which was very low key and almost in slow motion with the team make up changed around quite a lot.Then straight into a game and here Vinnie sat out.No point in over pushing him the day before a game and I reckon a big decision for the boss re whether to play him or give him 2 more weeks rest as he could easily sit out the Leeds game.

Key moments for me in the game:
A lovely defence splitting pass from Yaya
A great run from deep by Rodders to make a pass possible
a neat Silva goal from a Kun cut back
top Kun goal from tight on the left ( remember his goal against Spurs at WHL last season powering past the center back!)
clever Edin goal flicking past the keeper at the near post
great AK block
Maicon intercepting a pass and hitting the post

After the game just the regular 3 stayed out for some shooting/finishing practice.Just a short session after the midweek game and travelling for many of the players which sounds about right plus the travel down to Soton this afternoon.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 8/2

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 pm

edit: nvrmnd. cheers, doug.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks Doug. It's never the same when when yr reports are missing from the forum.
BTW do you have any news on Mica ? Is he training at all or is that still too early ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks Doug. It's never the same when when yr reports are missing from the forum.
BTW do you have any news on Mica ? Is he training at all or is that still too early ?

I would really be hoping to see him outside now but so far nothing and I am not hearing anything either.Has to start soon if the end of feb is a realistic target.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Cheers Doug. Kun looks like he's coming back to form but what of Tevez in training, is he banging them in?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:.Just one obvious missing player but I don't know if Mancini mentioned him so I won't

the blonde inept punching one?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks Doug,

I think from looking at the pics of training on the OS I've worked out who the obvious absentee is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug,

I think from looking at the pics of training on the OS I've worked out who the obvious absentee is.

I try as hard as I can and then City go and put the pictures out!! Can't get the staff any more.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug,

I try as hard as I can and then City go and put the pictures out!! Can't get the staff any more.

Was it Mario?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 am

I cant see Carlos
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli