Training Monday 11/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 11/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Really cold today as I got lucky at Carrington to be able to watch a reserve team game (45 minutes) plus the first team squad being given an extra hard physical session after Saturday's poor performance.I focused mostly on the game as there were 21 players involved and a good chance to see them all in action at the same time. Bossaerts missed out as he presumably is coming back from injury and just worked separately with a physio and the only player I could think of who was missing was Kennedy.

I will test my memory re the teams:
Lawlor
Facey,Boyata,Plummer,Marin
Henshall,Evans,Mancini,Ntcham
Cole,Guidetti

against

Eirikson
Bytiki,Rekik,Meppen-Walter,Leigh
Rusnak,Glendon, Lopes,Suarez,Huws
Pozo

Overall an interesting game to watch. Boyata stood out and marshalled his defence well.He was basically impassable in anything close to a 1 on 1.Suarez,Lopes and Rusnak had plenty of the ball but just couldn't find their way through often enough and when they did chances went begging from Pozo,Bytiki.At the other end there was less cohesion in defence and the result was 3 goals which I think mostly came from players being way out of position.

Early goals from Guidetti and Cole were basically gifts with the defence all over the place and then a great break from the left wing by Cole showing real pace and a good finish into the left corner.Pozo created a reply down the right with Rusnak I think knocking in at the far post ( or was it the other way around?) One change was made during the 45 minutes as Mancini went off,I assume with an injury, so Lombardo took his position in the defensive midfielder role.

All this time and the first team were being sweated with lots of running and sessions up and down the hill with Mancini in close attendance,shouting for more and more.The players weren't very happy and quite a few were physically sick as they were pushed and pushed to the limits. Not Zaba of course as he was doing an extra few runs up and down to show how easy it was.He even asked for a brick wall to be set up so he could run through it.Joe Hart was put through this as well but then moved away to work with a strange ball made entirely out of soap and to be fair he was handling quite well.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 11/2

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 pm

That last paragraph doesn't sound good mate, we've turned training into boot camp.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That last paragraph doesn't sound good mate, we've turned training into boot camp.

Sounds dreadful and looked even worse if it had actually happened!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I dont know what I've been told...
Gareths legs are mighty old...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

hahaha. nicely done, mr. H.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That last paragraph doesn't sound good mate, we've turned training into boot camp.

Doesn't sound good? Work hard in the match and avoid bullshit. These guys were on holiday this weekend, no?

Mancini has every right to fuck them with a 12 inch black dildo if he wants based upon Saturday IMHO. He might reserve a few inches for himself later in private as well.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Doug, if the last paragraph didn't happen, I'll be very disappointed.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blue wine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Doesn't sound good? Work hard in the match and avoid bullshit. These guys were on holiday this weekend, no?

Mancini has every right to fuck them with a 12 inch black dildo if he wants based upon Saturday IMHO. He might reserve a few inches for himself later in private as well.

Cheers

Some on here will be calling u a racist for using black dildo!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 pm

blue wine wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

It's the new yellow
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Risby » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

The players will be pissed off. Good. We were pissed off with their performance.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby blue wine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Thx doug. What happend with that young chinese guy who was on a trial? Havnt heard from him since the blackburn friendly...
blue wine

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Doug with a bit of tongue in cheek.

Ahh well i was hoping that hill was now a mound the amount of times those goons should have run up it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

blue wine wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Doomie uses a black dildo!?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blue wine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Btw doug, was david silva in training?
blue wine

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Risby wrote:The players will be pissed off. Good. We were pissed off with their performance.

Spot on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:30 pm

I was just about to suggest Bob getting a ten year contract when I read that last paragraph.

Was it Mancini jr playing with the reserves ? If it was Bob, I think it would be more realistic as regards actually getting in the first team.

Was thinking about Boyata & how surprisingly shit he has become. Nice to hear he was looking good. If you compare him in physique & all the basic stuff you would want as a defender, he has tons more of all of it than Nastasic for instance, & should really be a lot better than him but isn't.

Very strange.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Doomie uses a black dildo!?

Black is slimming.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm

blue wine wrote:Thx doug. What happend with that young chinese guy who was on a trial? Havnt heard from him since the blackburn friendly...

Still not seen him
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm

blue wine wrote:Btw doug, was david silva in training?

No , he doesn't train with the reserves and the first team weren't out at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I was just about to suggest Bob getting a ten year contract when I read that last paragraph.

Was it Mancini jr playing with the reserves ? If it was Bob, I think it would be more realistic as regards actually getting in the first team.

Was thinking about Boyata & how surprisingly shit he has become. Nice to hear he was looking good. If you compare him in physique & all the basic stuff you would want as a defender, he has tons more of all of it than Nastasic for instance, & should really be a lot better than him but isn't.

Very strange.

It was Filipo Mancini. Lombardo was better when he came on!

I was very pleased to see Boyata look good bearing in mind the tough time he has obviously had.I saw him in a reserve game the other week and he was sloppy.Excellent at times but simply careless.

In today's 45 minutes I suppose it's only right that he should look good as he is older,much more experienced and stronger than anyone else on show.But he was commanding today.Maybe he has learned from his mistakes and the penny dropped or maybe this is his level,who knows but he was class today in these surroundings
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports