Training Thursday 14/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 14/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Finally it's a training day for me to watch ( I still don't know if they did other sessions in the afternoon bu my guess is they did at least one)Nice calm weather to as I watched 6 keepers come out to start work. Maybe keeping their options seriously open for Sunday!Then is was 5 coaches before a 20 strong squad which excluded Micah of course but also Barry and the skipper.Included were Razak,Boyata and Lopes

2 of them clearly meant business as they were the ones in shorts and short sleeves. No prizes for guessing who they were.They went straight into a pass,move and pressing game which surprised me as there were no warm up exercises or jogging which usually start a session.Presumably a good warm up had been done inside.Not even a quick briefing from the boss which usually precedes the work.

I have to say it was a bright start from the players, good energy and intent and one player epitomised this as he often does,Gael Clichy chasing and harrying for fun.After one session of this Razak removed his tracksuit bottoms to join the other 2.I am surprised it was only him as it was quite warm compared to recent days.Mancini did now gather them all in for a word before they went straight into another similar session.Maybe he wanted more coordinated pressing as that is what I felt happened.Then a short break before a 3rd session which was one touch only and it all continued at a good pace.The challenge was to make 10 completed passes and of course for the other team to stop them which I think was achieved.

Time now for Mancini to take a team away fro some specific work but today it was all 20 I assumed for a practice game of sorts in preparation for Sunday's game.I couldn't see this today as I didn't bother taking steps so took the time to have a quick look at the EDS group who were out there and had started before the 1st team.I don't think Guidetti was out today but Suarez certainly was.The little bit I could see of the 1st team made me wonder if it was an attack v defence session as the ball seemed to be at one end most of the time.

Back after that for some 6 a side games on half sized pitches. 4 teams playing something like 6 minutes a game and fairly fast and furious stuff.I had a good view of one pitch so didn't try to watch both.Some highlights:
A brilliant right foot curler from a tight angle by Milner
a superb 2 touch goal from Tevez under real pressure
Nasri scoring well and calmly again under some pressure
Mancini having some words with them all after one of the games ended.Would love to know what about
2 players showing real intensity on their pressing.Carlos and Rodders
Edin showing some real life in a give ago but missing the chance but then scoring 2 just after
Yaya scoring with a miss hit shot after a clever Rodders pass
cool finish from Garcia
Injuries to Gael and Yaya which left them limping for a while but they kept playing so must be ok
Joe Hart was on the pitch I couldn't see but I sure as hell could hear him
some good tackling by Bossaerts ( hadn't noticed him at the start so maybe he replaced somebody without me seeing
Boyata popped up twice with 2 very good close in finishes
Milner missed a sitter than bemused him but made amends scoring immediately after
Carlos pounced on a loose ball to score
nice interplay between Milner and Silva saw DS score

And that was that. I think overall a livelier session than I have seen for a while.Different in that I didn't see them do one single pure warm up or stretching or jogging exercise which is a first.Late on Barry was out doing some running work with a physio so not fully fit but no issue of note I am sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 14/2

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Wheheey nice 1 Doug

They trained yesterday at some point apparently, according to Zabba, & it was a good one.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
2 of them clearly meant business as they were the ones in shorts and short sleeves. No prizes for guessing who they were.

I'll go for Milner and ....er...Nasri perhaps ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Good to see Carlos back. Cheers Doug.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Wheheey nice 1 Doug

They trained yesterday at some point apparently, according to Zabba, & it was a good one.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
2 of them clearly meant business as they were the ones in shorts and short sleeves. No prizes for guessing who they were.

I'll go for Milner and ....er...Nasri perhaps ?

Glad to hear it. Nasri, yeah right.

And of course no Rekik today as he is now Blackburn bound on a loan deal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Good to hear Nasri actually does something .

Were any of them practicing og,s ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Cheers DH ... have you loaned your steps to the missus as a valentines day present?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm

rekik went to blackburn? very interesting.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Great to see you've finally managed to find our team again. To whoever's controlling DH's account nowadays: thanks for the read. It was very enlightening.

Sideshow Bob wrote:rekik went to blackburn? very interesting.

Very. Hope it gets done.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Risby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

I know you don't mention all the players, but there was no news on Kun or Nasti. Were they present? I know Nasti was injured, but wondered if he is back in full training.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Risby wrote:I know you don't mention all the players, but there was no news on Kun or Nasti. Were they present? I know Nasti was injured, but wondered if he is back in full training.

Both were there today and looking fine.Just that I didn't see either of them do anything special today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nige » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:<null>

Glad sergio was involved, we'll need a good start from him Sunday.
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Biamp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 am

Cheers Doug, great read as usual. I guess this means Vinnie will miss the game on Sunday?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:27 am

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, great read as usual. I guess this means Vinnie will miss the game on Sunday?

Not necessarily. He may well have trained on Wednesday and then decided to play safe.The Friday session may tell us more.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby littlebig » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks Douglas
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 am

Damned afternoon training ! Yet another day I can't make the afternoon and it gets changed...c'est la vie
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bleed_Blue » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 pm

A question guys, do other teams also have videos/team reports like we do ? I was surprised by a inside city video few weeks ago, which showed the way Hart and Richards were being trained. Inside City videos/Training reports are a good way to keep us all interested by my only concern is do we give away information to rivals, which others are not doing.

I am a big fan of Doug, I have been reading his reports from a long time and in all his reports he never gives away which he feels will give other teams hints about our squad for the next week and such.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Return to Training Reports