Training Wednesday 20/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 20/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am

An afternoon session yesterday which I couldn't make so I went early today to see if I could find out the plans for the week.Seems they are not cast in stone but the apparent plan for today was a double session with one of them maybe indoors and the guy I spoke to didn't know when they would be outside.

So I wandered round to find plenty of things set out for exercises and 3 players already working.Joleon,Sinclair and Rodders.From what I then heard it looked like players would be working on individual programmes in the morning session and hopefully a "normal" training session in the afternoon. Not sure I can make it again this arvo but you never know. I felt some sympathy for a couple waiting at the entrance hoping to get some autographs as they were settling in for a long wait if the players don't leave till close to 5pm.She is from Denmark so might be used to the cold but a 7 hour wait is excellent dedication.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 20/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:An afternoon session yesterday which I couldn't make so I went early today to see if I could find out the plans for the week.Seems they are not cast in stone but the apparent plan for today was a double session with one of them maybe indoors and the guy I spoke to didn't know when they would be outside.

So I wandered round to find plenty of things set out for exercises and 3 players already working.Joleon,Sinclair and Rodders.From what I then heard it looked like players would be working on individual programmes in the morning session and hopefully a "normal" training session in the afternoon. Not sure I can make it again this arvo but you never know. I felt some sympathy for a couple waiting at the entrance hoping to get some autographs as they were settling in for a long wait if the players don't leave till close to 5pm.She is from Denmark so might be used to the cold but a 7 hour wait is excellent dedication.

Got there a bit late this afternoon and they were already into the session with Mancini working a team in preparation for the Chelsea game.It looked like he had them up against another "team" but I couldn't see precisely what was being worked on.The other team was more a smallish number of players who were mostly EDS players.Anyway that soon finished and they came around to have one of the those 6 a side competitions.Short and sharp games on a round robin basis.

loads of goals of course in games like this.No surprise at who seemed to score the most even though I couldn't watch them all but Kun and Edin scored plenty.Kun scored some lovely cheeky goals and Edin really had his shooting boots on.One player who stood out for me was Rodders.Loads of energy,good intelligence and some goals too.He played like a young man who really wants to play and is finally injury free.I hope that doesn't put the mockers on him.

Hard to think of anyone who didn't score.One horror tackle by Kolarov on Lopes.I think Aleks was a bit miffed that Ronnie had stood very close to block a free kick and seconds later took him out as he broke away.Costel had one purple patch saving a bunch of close range efforts with the last one smacking right into his gut.

I think the final was played closest to me so I saw the orange team win 4.1 with goals from Nasri (2),Zaba and Edin with the consolation from Lopes.All good fun and very competitive.Also on the winning team were Lescott and Huws. Other young lads involved were Razak,Boyata and Pozo.Guidetti was there at the start but didn't take part in the 6 a sides
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Cheers Doug, fair play for making it down twice in the one day.Glad to hear Rodders is training well, i read a really good interview with him the other day(about all the extra work he is doing to get and stay fit).He seems really determined to work hard and make his mark here.He looked well up for it when he came on against Leeds showing plenty of energy and should have scored that header that hit the woodwork.The stand out moment for me was when he made a surging run from his own half into the box to give Dzeko an option but sadly he opted to go it alone.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Great effort Doug.

I think Rodwell will have people eating their words in another year or two. He is not a random signing; Mancini has trailled him for quite some time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

what on earth is a purple patch?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

phips wrote:what on earth is a purple patch?

Where you save everything that is thrown at you.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 am

phips wrote:what on earth is a purple patch?

Never heard of a purple patch!!!

I didn't mention yesterday but there were 3 missing from training,Maicon,Barry and Vinnie.Hope they will be ok for today and weekend.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports