Training Thursday 21/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 21/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm

A 2pm session today but when I got there at 1.50 no signs of anything imminent.At least the EDS boys were out so I went around there to see a bit of them in action already under the close watching eye of Patrick Vieira.A few minutes later the 1st team squad did come out all 17 of them so still a few missing as there were yesterday.Bloody freezing today so no surprise there were only 2 regulars playing in shorts.

Jogs and stretching exercises over,Mancini took a defensive unit away for some work.A back 4 and 3 midfield players while the rest stayed for some finishing practice from crosses supplied by 2 coaches.Some good and some poor finishing as you might expect but at least most of the better ones were from our strikers.Still plenty flew over the fences and netting to keep the watching youngsters active throwing the balls back.Not that that was why they were there but City had a security guy there to ensure they came back.Even one which stuck about 30 feet up a tree which one brave soul (aka an idiot) climbed up to get down.

Mancini changed the group around that he worked with but when that session finished it was into an 11 v 11 game. A few EDS boys drafted in to make up the numbers.Suarez and Lopes I think but maybe also Leigh and Bossaerts.It was a long way to see through a curtain :) Sort of interesting watching although I missed quite a lot chatting to the security guy. Good bloke and good City fan too.

I didn't see a goal but might have missed some and the main notable thing was actually Mancini stopping the game at times to speak to individuals. I can only assume to explain what they should have done either on or off the ball.Yaya,Milner and Zaba got some of the wisdom.Joe Hart in the goal I was nearest too must lose his voice at times with all the shouting he does.Often giving instructions to the defence as a whole on when to push up or what to beware of, at times shouting/warning an individual about a run being made or maybe just shouting encouragement or praising a player after they did something good.

3rd day in a row now for training this week and 2 more still to go before the Chelsea game will have given Mancini plenty of time to get the team ready for Chelsea and shake off the last prem game debacle.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 21/2

Postby rocket blue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm

any sign of nasri today?if so how does he look?
rocket blue
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: sergio

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm

rocket blue wrote:any sign of nasri today?if so how does he look?

Lesbian like
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Female.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby rocket blue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Harsh but true!
rocket blue
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: sergio

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

I hope this helps

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

I hope this helps

haha that's a very good picture.I did meet his 2 brothers last season ( I am sure they were brothers)and it wasn't hard to tell who the relation was.Yes he was there today and part of the winning 6 a side team yesterday scoring 2 in the final game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby AG7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm

To be fair this was one game last season where Nasri stood out ... in fact got us a crucial win. Tevez was phenomenal in his return in this game last year as well.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am

What about Michael Johnson...............Oops, hang on a minute.....
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to Training Reports