Training Friday 22/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 22/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Back to a normal time of 11am, I assume following the regular press conference.I was met walking round the fencing by Aleks Kolarov!! It wasn't him of course but he looked a little like him and sounded very much like him so maybe he has found a job for a compatriot or realative.17 on show today ,maybe 18 with one or two missing as there is an under 21's game tonight where I expect Boyata and Razak to play. Both Garcia and Barry back in action though.

This is the 4th training day in a row with one of them a double session so today's was not surprisingly a light one.Bloody freezing again and even Zaba had succumbed to extra clothing leaving Milner alone in shorts.Initial work was all about movement in team shape with Mancini moving them around the pitch.All gentle basic stuff followed then by a gathering in a large circle in the middle of the pitch.

Everything seemed in great spirits with Yaya the centre of most of the fun just as he is the centre of play in games.In the past the fun and spirit would have been exemplified by Nigel and Micah but now Yaya is central along maybe with Lescott and at times Kolarov in his own way.And that was about it.The circle keep ball ,fun exercise went on for a lot longer than usual but nothing more strenuous was done. The only players still out were Yaya talking with Mancini and Garcia doing some extra work with physios.

One final session tomorrow which I expect will be short and sharp and fun again with maybe a little time spent going over some tactical things for the Chelsea game but they should all be well up for it.They had better be as it's such an important game.

Now to get warm before watching the under 21's tonight v Stoke.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 22/2

Postby Nige » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Zabba not in shorts! What's next coming off for a sub when pouring with blood? Wuss

Cheers for the update DH.
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Nige wrote:Zabba not in shorts! What's next coming off for a sub when pouring with blood? Wuss

Cheers for the update DH.

Sad isn't it that he might become a softy! As if.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

haven't seen mention of guidetti this week. has he been at training?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Apparently Mancini swore in his press conference today when asked about Pellegrini (sp?). Every time he has a conference this type of shit comes up. He needs to fuck off those who ask and that'll soon stop it.*

*Apologies, it's in 'Friday's Bollox'.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:haven't seen mention of guidetti this week. has he been at training?

He trained on Wednesday but stopped half way through before the 6 a sides started.I didn't see him yesterday but he was there today alrhough not with the first team and not full out so I think he has an injury of some kind.We will know for sure tonight as there is an under 21 game and my guess is that he isn't fit enough to start.Hopefully I am wrong.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:haven't seen mention of guidetti this week. has he been at training?

He trained on Wednesday but stopped half way through before the 6 a sides started.I didn't see him yesterday but he was there today alrhough not with the first team and not full out so I think he has an injury of some kind.We will know for sure tonight as there is an under 21 game and my guess is that he isn't fit enough to start.Hopefully I am wrong.

cheers. that is shite news. his return to 1st team this season seems increasingly unlikely.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

cheers. that is shite news. his return to 1st team this season seems increasingly unlikely.

Agreed.He didn't appear for the 21's tonight. Top game though and a very good win
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

Agreed.He didn't appear for the 21's tonight. Top game though and a very good win

Ignoring injury, is Guidetti actually good enough for the first team Doug?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Slim wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Ignoring injury, is Guidetti actually good enough for the first team Doug?

Last year he had a great year in Holland and that sort of form would have been/would be good enough for a 4th striker role at City imo or it certainly seemed that way.

But the illness/injury was bad and he is nowhere near back to his fitness of last season and I don't expect we will see him in the first team squad till next season if at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 pm

England 1 - 0 Argies

Shorts battle won.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to Training Reports