Training Wednesday 27/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 27/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Bright sunshine this afternoon at Carrington for a 3pm start to training.It was for me anyway but I believe the players had an inside morning session as well with probably the same routine tomorrow.The sun was actually a nuisance for me as it glistened on the curtain I look through making viewing almost impossible in some parts.Not everywhere though so I had a good view when the 18 players came out.

Still no Micah and Maicon of course but also no sign of Vinnie,Aleks or Sergio.Hopefully all 3 just working inside and out in the next day or so.I was very close to the keepers so saw them go through initial routines and warm ups with diving (onto crash mats) as a key ingredient.Some it diving over hurdles as pictures from Sharon on the OS will no doubt show.The other players did early warm up routines before Mancini took away all the defenders for some specific work leaving the rest to tick over with the physios on their own routines.One thing for certain today ,Yaya was in playful mood as his wrestling match with Joleon at the start showed.

Then all came together for a 10 a side game of sorts.Only one team trying to score but a lot of work being done on the passing,movement,pressing and obviously first touch and control.Quite a good game too with just 2 goals scored by Milner (near post from a strong low cross) and Sinclair (left footed from an angle)One moment of worry when Costel was hurt in a challenge with Joleon as he headed just over.Not a problem as he carried on quickly after.

Then a break for more fitness routines,some of which were just shuttle runs before another game.Actually the same as last time with a different team trying to score.A fairly gentle session overall for the first day back and of possibly the first of 5 training days in a row. None of the young guns (Razak apart)involved today as unfortunately they lost against Derby in the Youth Cup last night.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 27/2

Postby littlebig » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Glistening curtains?!? Tone it down please Douglas
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 pm

littlebig wrote:Glistening curtains?!? Tone it down please Douglas

A future in romantic novels awaits you Doug....I reckon you're guaranteed a free pass into a Mills and Boon training session. Maybe a little more emphasis on the colourful players' boots would help you along...:-0
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:24 pm

john68 wrote:
littlebig wrote:Glistening curtains?!? Tone it down please Douglas

A future in romantic novels awaits you Doug....I reckon you're guaranteed a free pass into a Mills and Boon training session. Maybe a little more emphasis on the colourful players' boots would help you along...:-0

That's what comes from a non eventful training session. Bloody pain the sun on the fence curtain I can assure you :) Maybe that's why they switched to an afternoon session.

Danny Mills and David Boon playing together would be interesting.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports