Training Wednesday 6/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 6/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Bright again today at Carrington although was some cloud around about a mile away at some other training ground.Can't think why! 4 keepers out already when I arrived and that's before Joe,Costel and Wright arrived. Then followed by just 16 players for 1st team training. No Vinnie,Micah,Kun or Jack as expected but also no Samir. The EDS boys were out as well and good to see Guidetti back out in full training.

Included in the 16 were Boyata,Razak so I wonder about all the talk of out huge squad!They broke into 2 groups with the Villa team doing one set of exercises and the rest another.Kolarov was fully involved but seemed to be favouring his back a little.Quiet a bit of running involved in the latter part of the exercises but nothing close to flat out,more like 50 or 60 %.

Then a passing game with a target of 10 completed passes for a point.Noticeable to me in this were the interceptions made by Clichy and Milner.Always lively and looking to nick the ball.I watched Garcia quite a lot and he was very Barry like in making himself available and playing easy balls to keep the moves flowing and doing little ones twos to get some space.

Then it was all off for Mancini to work with a team which mostly seemed like formation /shape stuff with some attacking plays thrown in.I heard some noises on another pitch so went o have a look and was pleased to see both Micah and Vinnie doing some work with physios.It looked to me very early days for Micah but maybe Vinnie isn't too far away as long as he doesn't get reaction.

The Villa team went inside at this point but there was a 6 a side game to finish with and the boss joining in along with Lopes,Kennedy and Huws.Goals in this scored by Boyata 2 Razak 3,Lopes,Barry 2,Kolarov. Mancini had a decent game when he was forward but could easily be taken on when in defensive positions.Even though on one occasion lying down he still managed to claw a ball away with his hands when Sinclair looked like passing him.

Golden goal time came and it was Kolarov who got it after a missplaced pass gave him time and space.I doubt the boss would be happy as his side lost.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 6/3

Postby bobby brows » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks Doug

I suppose if we are going to have a lot of injuries this is the week to do it against Championship opposition when the likes of Lopes and young George Evans would be considered for the match squad anyway.

Good to read Micah's name again as I genuinely think if he'd have been fit all season the game to the top of the league would be closer.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to Training Reports