Training Friday 15/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 15/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Photographers were leaving as I arrived.That's thanks to Mancini for posing for pictures in the car park with his red nose on.Persistent heavy rain was my other greeting as 17 players came out and kindly did their early work stretching near me so I could tell who they all were through a very wet curtain. Usual suspects missing although I was told Micah would be out working later and no negatives when I said we had heard he would be back in 2 weeks.

Mancini took a team away early for Everton preparation ( nothing special0 and changed personnel a few times as usual before they all came back and did some of the regular pre match day work in full and small nets.I think there were 18 now which confused me.I actually counted 16 at the start then 17 after Mancini took a team away and now 18! I think I am losing it but the weather didn't help.

Barry scored the only headed goal ( he has taken over from Micah doing this) although Carlos did try hard with one about 2 feet off the ground.Then it was goals in the 5 a side nets from Milner,Joleon,Boyata Edin and Silva to round it off.Another bunch of fitness routines were then followed by a 10 v 10 game and an early tap in goal from Milner.

Costel made a great save from Yaya and followed it with another from the same player.Milner was causing the most trouble as he played very good one twos.Once getting to the byline only to be snuffed out by a diving Hart.He also was working hard at the other end with a great sliding challenge on Barry I think which the other team were very unhappy about.The game was fast and quite intense with both teams keen to win and if I didn't know better I would have said retribution was made with a challenge on Milner which laid him out for a few seconds.

A sweet one two between Silva and Yaya brought the equaliser as David tapped home.Another gr8 one tow with Barry left Clichy with a chance which just missed.Edin scored one but the provider was given offside.It was golden goal time and a great AK cross brought it. Bent low round the back of the defence brought a half clearance to Carlos who rammed it home from about 18 yards.

That was it apart from free kicks and some shooting practice with just the usual 3 at it.I didn't stay long but enough to see the 1st 2 beauties from Milner and Kolarov give the keeper no chance at all.An enjoyable good session and hopefully leading to a good result tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 15/3

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm

tevez ok for tomorrow?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Chinners » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Cheers as ever Doug
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby bobby brows » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Cheers Doug

Injuries on the physioroom.com are listed as Nasri, Tevez, Aguero, Rodwell, Maicon & Kompany

Did any of these train? (Aguero is in Argentina)
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BadKompany » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 pm

All gone quiet regarding Guidetti?
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby phips » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 pm

I was expecting to see Dzeko lead the line tomorrow even before I knew Tevez was injured.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby BadKompany » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Carlos did try hard with one about 2 feet off the ground.

Carlos who rammed it home from about 18 yards.

It helps to read the report.....
BadKompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 pm

bobby brows wrote:Cheers Doug

Injuries on the physioroom.com are listed as Nasri, Tevez, Aguero, Rodwell, Maicon & Kompany

Did any of these train? (Aguero is in Argentina)

There is no doubt Tevez wasn't in great shape when he came off in the last game despite how the commentators,the media and even Mancini tried to spin it after the game.But he seemed fine today and Nasri was out there also doing a full session.I haven't seen the Mancini press conference yet to hear what he said about injuries.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 pm

BadKompany wrote:All gone quiet regarding Guidetti?

Yes.I still think the best for him is to work hard and get 100% sorted for next season.It was never on for a return before the last 6 or 7 games anyway and then he had a little setback.He may have trained with the EDS today but I didn't go and have a look.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BadKompany » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 am

Cheers Doug.

I never expected to see him in competitive action this season,he had been out far too long.

A fresh start next season.
BadKompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Mr H, apologies for asking at this late hour, as it were, but how is Boyota looking in training these days ?? Does he appear to have put his loan trauma at Bolton behind him and, if circumstances dictated it, would he be ready to go back into the first team ??

The reason I'm asking is because in today's Sunday Mirror, Mancini is quoted as saying that we should have signed another centre-back last summer, especially as we've really missed VK for quite a few games now.

Moreover, there's another thread on the forum about which players should go in a summer clear-out and I just wonder if Boyota might, ultimately, save us some money, which could be used instead to strengthen other areas of the team.

It would be good to hear what you have to say about this player.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Mr H, apologies for asking at this late hour, as it were, but how is Boyota looking in training these days ?? Does he appear to have put his loan trauma at Bolton behind him and, if circumstances dictated it, would he be ready to go back into the first team ??

The reason I'm asking is because in today's Sunday Mirror, Mancini is quoted as saying that we should have signed another centre-back last summer, especially as we've really missed VK for quite a few games now.

Moreover, there's another thread on the forum about which players should go in a summer clear-out and I just wonder if Boyota might, ultimately, save us some money, which could be used instead to strengthen other areas of the team.

He was also on loan to Twente in Holland and more or less failed to make an impression. I.E. I very much doubt that he's anywhere good enough for us.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:
He was also on loan to Twente in Holland and more or less failed to make an impression. I.E. I very much doubt that he's anywhere good enough for us.

He will be sold to a champo squad for a million in the summer.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Mr H, apologies for asking at this late hour, as it were, but how is Boyota looking in training these days ?? Does he appear to have put his loan trauma at Bolton behind him and, if circumstances dictated it, would he be ready to go back into the first team ??

Sorry only just read this. I would agree with what's already been said with a big BUT.Rime and again I have watched him and he does seem to have it all.Tall,powerful and deceptively quick but I fear he just lacks something mentally.He can be so dominating but then do something sloppy and potentially give a goal away.Maybe it's just a killer instinct,maybe it's just experience I don't know. At a pinch he could fill in now at centre back but I don't think he could be relied upon full time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Sorry only just read this. I would agree with what's already been said with a big BUT.Rime and again I have watched him and he does seem to have it all.Tall,powerful and deceptively quick but I fear he just lacks something mentally.He can be so dominating but then do something sloppy and potentially give a goal away.Maybe it's just a killer instinct,maybe it's just experience I don't know. At a pinch he could fill in now at centre back but I don't think he could be relied upon full time.

Thanks Mr H....your reply is much appreciated.

When Boyota first came into the side, he seemed to have good potential and looked as though he should have evolved into a really dominant defender, with a bit of experience and one or two years under his belt.

However, he seemed to have a really torrid time at Bolton, playing in a poor, struggling side and often out of position at right back. I don't know if this has left him with any psychological hang-ups but, if it has, then I suppose he won't have the mental toughness required to thrive in the Premiership.

Sadly, Doomie might well be correct in predicting that he'll be gone in the summer, which would be a shame all round.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to Training Reports