Training Thursday 28/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 28/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Happy to get back to Carrington on a lovely day and see all (nearly) the players out in full training.Zaba was missing bit only because he has been given an extra day with his extra travelling to the rest and Rodders who is close but still working inside this week..

So that means Vinnie,Kun,Micah and even Maicon fully involved in the 20 strong group.Boyata,Lopes and Razak also in there.Gentle warm ups were followed by two teams working on half a pitch just passing,moving and finishing but it was all about getting rid of cobwebs from what I could see.One thing shone through for me though and that was Micah.It's not that easy to see through the curtains but his smile,laughter and infectious personality was just so evident.Welcome back Micah .

Then it was into a game where one side had 3 five a side nets to score in ( after 10 completed passes I think) and the other a full sized net with Ian Lawlor starting in goal and then replaced by Wright.In this as well Micah stood out for his energy and noise.He really does communicate well at the back and very loud too but to be fair the whole squad seemed very lively in what was a good bright session.

Aleks scored very early on in the small nets probably before the other team had fully realised there were 3 nets to score in but then it got organised and competitive.Great to have the skipper back and he showed his quality in a few tight defensive situations early in the game.I tried to watch Kun to see how his fitness looked.Obviously not easy to assess stamina in such a short game but one particular twist and turn told me he was over the knee problem (famous last words if it flares up after training)

Lopes knocked another into the small nets and the nearest to a goal came when Lescott put a defence splitting ball through only for Kolarov to block Milner I think in a last ditch effort. A quick chat from Mancini and a drink saw the teams change around. The defences were doing well and Garcia was looking very good winning all sorts of balls with interceptions and timely tackles just in front of his back line.Lescott had to warn Micah to be careful as it looked like he might commit to an iffy challenge.He didn't go for it but we all know what Micah is like.Edin knocked one into the small nets.Although no goals in the big net I though the effort and general play was really good so that's probably the kiss of death for Saturday!

I had to leave here as those who played a full international did a little warm down run and went in.The remaining defenders moved off to work on things while the rest had shooting practice.receiving balls near the edge of the box and then taking the keeper on. Inside City will probably have some of this action for your Saturday morning viewing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 28/3

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks Doug.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Good effort, it's cold out there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Good effort, it's cold out there.

Compared to the last week it was positively Mediterranean as there was no wind.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 pm

its gonna be interesting now that Micah is back...Zaba has basically been the only right back this season. that, of course, is partially due to injures to Micah and Maicon but also because he's consistently been in really good form.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm

phips wrote:its gonna be interesting now that Micah is back...Zaba has basically been the only right back this season. that, of course, is partially due to injures to Micah and Maicon but also because he's consistently been in really good form.

It certainly will be interesting to see how Mancini reacts when he has the pair of them available again.
I was always of the opinion that Micah was the best right back at the club prior to this year but Zabba has been almost faultless this season.Easily the best right back in the league this season.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
phips wrote:its gonna be interesting now that Micah is back...Zaba has basically been the only right back this season. that, of course, is partially due to injures to Micah and Maicon but also because he's consistently been in really good form.

It certainly will be interesting to see how Mancini reacts when he has the pair of them available again.
I was always of the opinion that Micah was the best right back at the club prior to this year but Zabba has been almost faultless this season.Easily the best right back in the league this season.

It would surprise me if Zaba didn't play on Saturday although he does deserve a rest.I would doubt that Micah is ready for a game just yet and Maicon certainly isn't.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Zaba is our player of the season. So if he's dropped for any reason it'll be a stupid one. Especially for someone who should have taken the preseason to concentrate on getting his fitness sorted but instead went to play in some no mark tournament.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

cheers doug.

i would assume that richards will be eased back in, and when he's ready for 90 minutes, he'll be more likely to take kolo's spot in the rotation, possibly playing RCB in a back 3, not that i want to see that formation again for the rest of the season.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Return to Training Reports