Training Friday 29/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 29/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Lovely sunny day for me to double up with training and then a dash to watch the under 21's v Palace. A full 20 out today with Zaba back but missing Boyata and lopes who I expect will play this afternoon.RM go them all together for a longish chat before they started the initial jogs and warm up exercises.Still a buzz around the group as yesterday as the physio shouted them through stretches on groins and "hammies"

RM took a team away for some work but it was just a very short session with what might be the team for tomorrow before they all came back for a passing "game" with chances to score in either small nets,one touch finish,or big nets with a header. Gael scored in the small nets and Samir replied with a headed equaliser! Golden goal was called which Carlos got with another header but they carried on and Sinclair scored in the small nets.That was followed by a very short sharp exercise before the end game started.

It was 11 a side on just over half a full sized pitch but one player didn't play (no names) allowing Richard Wright to play out of goal.And he tested Joe with a right footer into the top corner which he turned over.Sinclair was looking good but the final ball just wasn't quite right,Maicon also showing the quality he has on the ball going forward but he will always struggle if left isolated in defence.Great to see Pablo back although one or two attackers wouldn't have thought so as he tackled them.

The first goal came from a Kolarov pass which Nasri smashed in and quickly followed by a Barry goal as he timed a run perfectly to tap in.There was a bizarre own goal too with a header meant for his keeper but I won't mention names to so I don't embarrass them.Maybe it will be on Inside City!That was about it as they finished leaving just a few out for extras.

Sinclair,Kolarov and Milner for shooting practice although it looked like Joe wanted to shoot as well.Maicon and Micah for some extra fitness work with Gael watching on.I think I saw Rodders going for some running but not sure.Just enough time to type this and now off to the Regional Arena for the 21's game.It's a hard life.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 29/3

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks for yr dedication Doug. A great post as always. Great to hear almost a full squad back in training and available. Do you think Micah will make the squad tomorrow ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ruralblue » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Is Richard Wright likely to partner Tevez up front tomorrow Doug?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm

ruralblue wrote:Is Richard Wright likely to partner Tevez up front tomorrow Doug?

Shall I be the first and say he won't do any worse than Dzeko?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Mase wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Is Richard Wright likely to partner Tevez up front tomorrow Doug?

Shall I be the first and say he won't do any worse than Dzeko?

You can be the first at appalling humour if you like :) Richard gave it a go which is all you could expect I would think he really enjoyed it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thanks for yr dedication Doug. A great post as always. Great to hear almost a full squad back in training and available. Do you think Micah will make the squad tomorrow ?

Hard to say with plenty to choose from whether he would use a space for Micah knowing he wouldn't probably want to bring him on just yet. But if he has him in his thoughts for the derby maybe he would want him to have a few minutes.Who knows.Maybe the person missing in the game was a defender and we need Micah as cover?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 am

I'm scared the missing player is Vinny
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

Fidel Castro wrote:I'm scared the missing player is Vinny

No mate, I think he's fine. I'm more worried that he goes off mid-game again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:I'm scared the missing player is Vinny

No mate, I think he's fine. I'm more worried that he goes off mid-game again.

Correct it was not Vinnie
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Nasti then, which is why he's not in the squad today...
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm

phips wrote:Nasti then, which is why he's not in the squad today...

Come on Doug, you can own up now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
phips wrote:Nasti then, which is why he's not in the squad today...

Come on Doug, you can own up now.

Of course it was Nasti. He did train on the day but just not in the match.I didn't see him pull up or anything so I assume it was a minor thing and he will be fine for next weekend.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bleed_Blue » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 am

Hey Doug, how are you doing. No training reports recently, day feels rather empty without reading your reports.

How is Guidetti, he is not even playing for City EDS. Completely out of radar, while I was expecting him to be on bench atleast for FA cup matches every fixture.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:33 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:Hey Doug, how are you doing. No training reports recently, day feels rather empty without reading your reports.

How is Guidetti, he is not even playing for City EDS. Completely out of radar, while I was expecting him to be on bench atleast for FA cup matches every fixture.

They have probably had some days off but I've been feeling crap anyaway.Will try to get along today and see what's happening.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 am

You take some time off if you need it fella, it's still not all that warm out yet.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 am

Dameerto wrote:You take some time off if you need it fella, it's still not all that warm out yet.

Went along to Carrington and got some fresh air and exercise but not much else. The players are in but there are no signs of a full team training session.Not this morning at least although maybe in the afternoon. It's looking more like individual physical/conditioning stuff this morning as I saw the hill in use with Yaya going up and down plus Lescott running whilst pulling one of those heavy weights behind him.A couple of other areas set up for some exercises.

I will try again tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Cheers Doug.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug.

Still no morning training so I will be off again for a late session.So no players around but plenty going on at Carrington with a film truck ( not the usual SKY Sports which will be there later for the press conference) a big double decker bus ( not red) and outside catering set up in the overflow car park!

I wonder what that's all about?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Still no morning training so I will be off again for a late session.So no players around but plenty going on at Carrington with a film truck ( not the usual SKY Sports which will be there later for the press conference) a big double decker bus ( not red) and outside catering set up in the overflow car park!

We've resigned Joey on a free!!!
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 am

ruralblue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

We've resigned Joey on a free!!!

What as? Maybe a media consultant :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports