Training Friday 5/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 5/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Finally some training for me to watch with a 2pm start.I missed the early bits but there were 20 on view and a few of the expected first team squad absent.Mancini didn't say anything about them so I assume they are fine for Monday so nothing serious.

The first action I saw was a regular work out on shape and formation.The "team" involved I expect had been changed around from the initial group as it certainly wasn't the team for Monday. It included Greg Leigh ,George Evans and Huws.That work finished and it was into a full game with the youngsters all in the same team so great experience for them.An early goal started the game as Carlos got onto a neat pass from Barry to steer a shot just inside the post.

No surprise that the team with Yaya,Silva,Barry and Milner in the middle dominated the ball so the 2 young lads in the middle against them will have got a good taste of what it's all about.The equaliser came from a good run from Edin and a pull back for Kun to score.Mancini stopped the game to get some points/ideas across and also changed the teams around a bit.The most significant piece of action in this second part was a miss by Sinclair.He made a great run cutting in from the left but he couldn't squeeze the ball past Joe.His running throughout was a constant threat but somehow that final ball just didn't quite work.

And that was the end of the action.Maicon went away to do some running with Ivan Carminati, Kun the same with Sam Erith ,Evans and Leigh went to join the EDS players and the rest just sat down,had a drink and then went inside.A fairly gentle session I thought for the players but interesting for me watching.My only downside was a scrote who kept asking me stupid questions about who I was watching.He said he was a City fan and was only there to get a ball but he smelled like something else and revealed his true colours by mumbling something about being 18 points ahead after Monday's game.What can I say?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 5/4

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Nice one, Doug. The smell always gives them away.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Risby » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Funny how they hang around watching our players train and are after getting one of our balls isn't it.
I can't ever imagine going to watch a rag training session and waiting for the odd chance of nicking a ball. SAD!

I hope the training looked good Doug and the players were up for it.
Really want this win on Monday.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Bleed_Blue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Rag's acting to their name, lying cunning arrogant idiot should be handed his balls in his hand.

In a bad mood but rags deserve nothing better
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:Rag's acting to their name, lying cunning arrogant idiot should be handed his balls in his hand.

Cunning is too much of a compliment, sly, maybe, but cunning? Nah.

And cheers Doug, good stuff as per.

Interesting recurrent observation re Sinclair. Just a confidence issue or indicative of not being quite up to it? Hasn't he been playing well in past sessions, or did this too mean making intelligent runs with no end product?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:39 pm

cheers doug. looking forward to seeing huws and leigh start on monday.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Goataldo wrote:
Bleed_Blue wrote:Rag's acting to their name, lying cunning arrogant idiot should be handed his balls in his hand.

Cunning is too much of a compliment, sly, maybe, but cunning? Nah.

And cheers Doug, good stuff as per.

Interesting recurrent observation re Sinclair. Just a confidence issue or indicative of not being quite up to it? Hasn't he been playing well in past sessions, or did this too mean making intelligent runs with no end product?

I would have to say the scum lad was really as think as two short or even very long planks.

As for Sinclair I think it's a bit of both.He has shown up really well at times in training and in games where the full pitch is used he is a real handful. Good pace plus good close control but too often he just doesn't quite deliver what he should.Confidence is bound to be relevant as well and without game time that's not suddenly going to change dramatically but I do have a feeling that he is in a better frame of mind now than earlier in the season.That might simply be due to knowing he will be leaving and looking forward to next season as a player .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports