Training Saturday 6/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 6/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 am

Great day for watching football,just a shame I didn't see any today.They did train today but it didn't include any football.Maybe it's not a surprise today was a gentle session as they gear up to a big match when they have already had a full week to do whatever the manager wanted in terms of preparation.You can't just come in and play flat out all the time so today was a quieter day.

18 on show to start with which ended at 15 when they did the final exercise which was a keep ball circle using the the center circle to play around.The initial work was just Mancini working with a "team" on basic formation stuff and the rest playing a smaller keep ball circle. All gentle as I said but they all seemed to be having fun and Yaya especially enjoying himself.As circles go it was quite competitive as they tried to set records for passes with Vinnie even going for overhead kicks to keep the ball alive but thankfully no lunging tackles to endanger anyone.

Mancini called it a day and sent a group of 10 off for a run ( no idea how this group were identified), 3 went to do more work and the others went in.As I left I had a quick look at the 3 to see all sorts of poles,cones,rebound walls etc set up for them.Kun was one working with Fausto passing the ball onto a wall, then onto Fausto who crossed for Kun to score.The other 2 were Vinnie and Aleks working together.

Enough for me but as I left the film crew I saw yesterday were in some sort of action in the overflow car park.One of those big green screens was set up and there were loads of people milling around.Amongst them I think I spotted a referee togged up in the yellow kit which is what they wear in European games isn't it?No doubt we will find out what was going on soon.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 6/4

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Didn't Mancini do this last year, had very light sessions in the run-up?

PS. Cheers Doug.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to Training Reports