Training Friday 3/5

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 3/5

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 am

Lovely warm spring day at Carrington. Kiddo gave me a wave as he came out as the coaches were all raring to go but it took a while for the players to come out.When they did it was a very short briefing from the boss and then into some gentle jogging.Mancini seemed to think it wasn't that warm with a tracksuit top on and a scarf!

Plenty of warm up exercises today for the 19 players on show which included Rodwell but not Micah or Razak so I expect to see them playing at Rochdale when I go there shortly for the EDS game.They moved into keep ball circles right under my nose and the spirit in the group seemed fantastic.I don't think I have ever seen Carlos more relaxed and enjoying the team atmosphere.After this it was into the games with 5 a side goals alternating with full nets with headed goals only.Ivan Carminati runs this and constantly changes the game rules to keep them on their toes. One touch ,2 touch , all in are regular shouts.Carlos did a bit of goal hanging and tried to tee up a headed goal but whoever was coming in did so far too quickly and ran under the ball.

Zaba tried so hard to get a headed goal he clattered into the post,Milner tried one header lying flat on the ground but Barry was the one to score with a header.Aleks got hurt in a challenge and it didn't look good but he shrugged it off eventually.Kole headed a sitter wide and then both Zaba and Nasti headed over but it was a great mix of fun and top effort.

2 of the 5 a side goals were moved and they had a 3 touch game with the little goals remaining but the defences were too good. A break for drinks (nothing offered to me) and some more short sharp exercises leading into the game which was slightly delayed as there were no keepers!Right from the off in the game the intensity was high and the example was Carlos. Chasing around as he does in games and really looking to make things happen.Notables in the game:
Joe shouting at Vinnie and just calling him V
Someone shouting " Sergio heel" just sounded funny to me
The first goal was from a Maicon overlap surge and his cross rebounded to Nasri who scored with a scuffed shot
Carlos really close but Panti saved with is feet
Silva scored the equaliser with a typical low shot to the left corner
Edin came close but then Barry scored
A brilliant move,mostly about Silva, ended with a good Joe save
Sergio scored an easy goal after a really poor pass in the defence
Panti was dominant with anything crossed high and on one occasion landed on Kolo which was painful
Barry took Milner out cynically
Kolo scored a neat goal as he marauded forward
Than right at the end Edin got one after a lapse by the keeper

A really lively session.no suggestions of end of season from what I saw and basically a fully fit squad in great spirits.Now off to Rochdale.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 3/5

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Good report Doug.
It must make a nice change with the sunshine.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Cheers Doug and I'll await your report on the EDS game.

Seems that 'trouble in the ranks' shit that the Rag tops keep spouting it just that - shit!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dwaring » Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Was Johnny boy in with the first squad? I didn't see him in the EDS line up and was crossing my fingers he would get a shot this weekend. I haven't heard much about him recently so I don't even know if he's fit.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri May 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Dwaring wrote:Was Johnny boy in with the first squad? I didn't see him in the EDS line up and was crossing my fingers he would get a shot this weekend. I haven't heard much about him recently so I don't even know if he's fit.

Johnny boy I guess is Guidetti but the answer is no to both.He got an injury a week or so back and hasn't featured since.I f you hope he will play for the first team this season I expect you will be disappointed.

The EDS game was uninspiring . Sadly Lopes got an injury after 10 minutes and went off.I actually spoke with him later after he came out on crutches to sit in the stands.He said it wasn't too bad! Horrible scrappy game with the most entertaining feature being Lombardo waving his arms about a lot and showing plenty of his latin temperament. I was fairly close to him and could hardly make out what he was shouting.There was one moment though when he shouted to Ntcham to cross and then after he tried said " but not into the stands"

Our keeper was almost redundant.Razak was quite good but not in a creative way. Suarez had a poor game although scoring the opening goal.Some said with the use of an arm but I am not sure. Bytyqi ran his heart out after replacing lopes and was involved in 2 of the goals for. The Boyata goal was quite funny as he was up for a corner and as it was cleared stayed in the penalty area to tie his shoelaces.The ball moved around outside the area for a while and by the time it came back in and their keeper saved a shot or two Boyata was still there to knock it in.

Good goal for Huws.He broke from halfway and found Bytyqi on his left.He pulled a short low pass from the byline and Huws hit it first time into the far corner.Not a good game for Ntcham who is a player I like.Some good moments from Rusnak but overall just a poor game against a crap side.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dwaring » Fri May 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Johnny boy I guess is Guidetti but the answer is no to both.He got an injury a week or so back and hasn't featured since.I f you hope he will play for the first team this season I expect you will be disappointed.

The EDS game was uninspiring . Sadly Lopes got an injury after 10 minutes and went off.I actually spoke with him later after he came out on crutches to sit in the stands.He said it wasn't too bad! Horrible scrappy game with the most entertaining feature being Lombardo waving his arms about a lot and showing plenty of his latin temperament. I was fairly close to him and could hardly make out what he was shouting.There was one moment though when he shouted to Ntcham to cross and then after he tried said " but not into the stands"

Our keeper was almost redundant.Razak was quite good but not in a creative way. Suarez had a poor game although scoring the opening goal.Some said with the use of an arm but I am not sure. Bytyqi ran his heart out after replacing lopes and was involved in 2 of the goals for. The Boyata goal was quite funny as he was up for a corner and as it was cleared stayed in the penalty area to tie his shoelaces.The ball moved around outside the area for a while and by the time it came back in and their keeper saved a shot or two Boyata was still there to knock it in.

Good goal for Huws.He broke from halfway and found Bytyqi on his left.He pulled a short low pass from the byline and Huws hit it first time into the far corner.Not a good game for Ntcham who is a player I like.Some good moments from Rusnak but overall just a poor game against a crap side.

You just made me cry Doug. I've been waiting for an EDS breakthrough where a young kid can come on in multiple games and make a difference. We haven't seen one in a bit and I thought there was a chance this season with lopes or guidetti. Guess I'm going to need to wait until next year.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Return to Training Reports