Training Thursday 21/11

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 21/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:44 pm

It's been a while with my dodgy plates but I got along to Carrington hoping to see today's morning's training session.I arrived at 11 and there were cones and stuff out so I knew they would be out but no signs of life apart from the academy boys on the far side.Walking round the pitches was non other than skipper Tony Book but it was some time before the p[layers came out.

Pellegrini gathered them all together for the initial briefing but that was delayed as somebody important was missing.Only Vinnie who was brought in from his work inside.Clearly whatever Pellegrini had to say must have been important to wait for the captain and the chat did go on a lot longer than usual.But immediately after Vinnie went back in as did a bunch of others.The only other I could make out was Guidetti.Maybe he and 1 or 2 others will be involved with the u 21's tonight.

So when they started work on jogging and stretching exercises there were just 15 and as best I could tell it was missing Silva,Nasri,Jovetic,Vinnie and Nastasic.Included was Bytyqi and later on joined by Hutton when one of the group went in with a a minor injury.They moved into 2 keep ball circles before breaking into some sort of attack v defence game.

Two attacking groups of 5 against 2 defensive teams of 3 plus a keeper.Starting with a cross for one of the attacking groups to try and score from and then immediately they broke down the other end to attack the other defensive unit and then the situation changed for the other attacking team to get involved.Quite an interesting approach and mostly the defensive units did extremely well and didn't concede.That 3 some nearest me was Demechelis,Kolarov and Micah.

More to come with no doubt some shooting practice but my feet had had enough and I gave up just as Silva came out to do some running.Looking good but I expect too soon for the weekend game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 21/11

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Cheers, Doug.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Interesting and informative as usual. Great stuff fella
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Kenny Clements Perm » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks Doug, we've missed your reports!
Kenny Clements Perm
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: nigel de jong

Postby Nige » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Good work Doug thanks. Do you need some moon boots for your feet?
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Nige wrote:Good work Doug thanks. Do you need some moon boots for your feet?

I really need a masseuse to to be there at all times to ease my aching body.For the feet specifically a double transplant would be best.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports