Christmas Eve Training

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Christmas Eve Training

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

I couldn't get there today but my old mate Neil from BlueMoon did and here's his take on today.

Hello folks, long time no speak.
Picked a bloody cold day to pop by Carrington, still don't know how Doug does it day in day out.

Anyway the bonus was that the top netting was again down due to the winds and fortunately they didn't repair it before training started.
19 were on show today plus 3 keepers, so don't panic, Silva, Nasty and Demi were all there, even Zaba was being put through quite a rigorous session.

The session started with Pellegrini and his team talk, where all the players and staff are told the plan for the day I guess, Sergio and Micah then went back inside but Zaba stayed out and continued to work with the main group.

The keep ball sessions and positional work were first, then onto a full game, Zaba sat the game out but did work on a 1-2-1 basis with the fitness coach, certainly not weeks away and maybe closer than we originally thought. Micah was out for at least 45 minutes, doing drills and fitness work with another fitness coach.

In the game, which the manager refereed, Rodwell, Dzeko and Nasri were outstanding, some good passing and movement from both teams. We are blessed with a tremendous squad, one or two positional changes today which I wont mention, as I've read other teams read these reports, all positive in my eyes.

Sorry I can't put the DH Shakespearian slant on things, he definitely does things better than me, please ask if you have any questions.

NMT

All sounds pretty good and promising to me.And to think yesterday while the winds were strong they put the top curtain up but today it was down again and I wasn't there.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10099
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Cheers Doug and Neil,

I really think Zabs is key to penning Johnson back in his own third, fingers crossed he makes it. Sounds like a good session.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28640
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Ta muchly Doug and as usual thanks for your dedication in doing these reports in 2013! Have a good Chrimbo fella
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13737
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: The left/Right sac

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Was there any sign of Jovetic today?
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby neil mcnab's tash » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Was there any sign of Jovetic today?


I'm afraid not, no
neil mcnab's tash
Bianchi's Matchday Snood
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Good to see that most of the injuries are shaping up in one way or another and as I thought, Zab's won't be out for too long.

Thanks for the report NMT, Doug needs a day off now and then and it's just a shame you've both been left out in the cold, so to speak. Excellent stuff and a must for all City fans.

Thank you very much.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Good to see that most of the injuries are shaping up in one way or another and as I thought, Zab's won't be out for too long.

Thanks for the report NMT, Doug needs a day off now and then and it's just a shame you've both been left out in the cold, so to speak. Excellent stuff and a must for all City fans.

Thank you very much.


And when you fancy another visit Beefy there are still a couple of well placed trees you could swing up onto for a decent view.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10099
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Tesl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:26 pm

What is wrong with Jovetic again? Last I heard he got sick so couldn't be on the bench against Leicester, did he go and injure himself again after or something??

Zabaleta sounds like hes recovering fast, any chance he could make it against Liverpool do we think?
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:29 am
Supporter of: City

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Good to see that most of the injuries are shaping up in one way or another and as I thought, Zab's won't be out for too long.

Thanks for the report NMT, Doug needs a day off now and then and it's just a shame you've both been left out in the cold, so to speak. Excellent stuff and a must for all City fans.

Thank you very much.


And when you fancy another visit Beefy there are still a couple of well placed trees you could swing up onto for a decent view.

Cheers buddy, I may even swing by over the festive period. Always good to see a professional at work ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Tesl wrote:
Zabaleta sounds like hes recovering fast, any chance he could make it against Liverpool do we think?


Could be on bench i reckon. Big plus if he is
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Twobob » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks NMT and thanks Doug, glad too see Zabba doing a decent session.

Jovetic must be related to RSC ...
User avatar
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Shaw
Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Tesl wrote:What is wrong with Jovetic again? Last I heard he got sick so couldn't be on the bench against Leicester, did he go and injure himself again after or something??

Zabaleta sounds like hes recovering fast, any chance he could make it against Liverpool do we think?


Jovetic took ill the day of the Leicester game but was fine for training the day after that.But yes he did suffer a recurrence of a thigh injury but it won't be a long term one.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10099
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Tesl wrote:What is wrong with Jovetic again? Last I heard he got sick so couldn't be on the bench against Leicester, did he go and injure himself again after or something??

Zabaleta sounds like hes recovering fast, any chance he could make it against Liverpool do we think?


Jovetic took ill the day of the Leicester game but was fine for training the day after that.But yes he did suffer a recurrence of a thigh injury but it won't be a long term one.


his situation is seriously wtf.
Sideshow Bob
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Was Lescott back in training today?
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:29 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Was Lescott back in training today?


He was on Monday so I assume yes for today
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10099
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: He was on Monday so I assume yes for today
More good news! Thanks for the reply
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Was there any sign of Jovetic today?


I got a City calendar for Christmas, same as every year, and Jovotic is the February picture, so I reckon he should be fit by then.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Twobob wrote:Thanks NMT and thanks Doug, glad too see Zabba doing a decent session.

Jovetic must be related to RSC ...


I was thinking more Bojinov. The illness/injury in warm-ups was too familiar.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
User avatar
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3298
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Was Lescott back in training today?


He was on Monday so I assume yes for today


Need him fit for the January sales.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 20140
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Christmas Eve Training

Postby phips » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:44 pm

oh, this was posted in the other training. i was wondering why all this sounded familiar.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP102NS
phips
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7536
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Next

Return to Training Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest