IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:26 am

I know its a little early, but I am dead excited. Typical City will really come under scrutiny tonight and hopefully this is step one in burying the plague that has haunted us.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30268
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 am

we on sky, so the rest of the country will be rubbing their hands together hoping for a slipup.

come on blues, lets put palace to the sword and go marching on.
User avatar
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5283
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Whalley Range

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby King Kev » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 am

Wemberleee, Wemberleee, we're the famous Man City and we're going to Wemberleeee!!
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34045
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: Amarilla Golf, Tenerife
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:47 am

City are on the telly here too, but on ESPN there is the choice of PSV v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC at the same time, it will be a tough choice.

I am hoping Weiss gets the nod tonight and we see Mak and maybe even Clayton tonight at some stage.

COME ON CITYYYYYYYY!
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30268
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:51 am

Slim wrote:City are on the telly here too, but on ESPN there is the choice of PSV v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC at the same time, it will be a tough choice.

I am hoping Weiss gets the nod tonight and we see Mak and maybe even Clayton tonight at some stage.

COME ON CITYYYYYYYY!


i hope we dont see clayton and mak tonight, this game is crucial i want to see only experienced players out there with maybe weiss, i even think hed be a bit risky, somethin like this for me

Given
Zabs,Onouha, Dunne/lescott(whichever one isnt playing sunday), Silvinho

De jong Ireland

Weiss/SWP Tevez Petrov

Bellamy
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7056
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 am

We are on telly here as well meaning no crappy Stream for early cup ties for a change. RESULT!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?


Mark Radcliffe
User avatar
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40227
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Deep in the pimp game
Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Slim wrote:City are on the telly here too, but on ESPN there is the choice of PSV v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC at the same time, it will be a tough choice.

I am hoping Weiss gets the nod tonight and we see Mak and maybe even Clayton tonight at some stage.

COME ON CITYYYYYYYY!


i hope we dont see clayton and mak tonight, this game is crucial i want to see only experienced players out there with maybe weiss, i even think hed be a bit risky, somethin like this for me

Given
Zabs,Onouha, Dunne/lescott(whichever one isnt playing sunday), Silvinho

De jong Ireland

Weiss/SWP Tevez Petrov

Bellamy


I hope we do, cause I wouldn't start them or even put them on until we were in line for a cricket score.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30268
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 am

Slim wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Slim wrote:City are on the telly here too, but on ESPN there is the choice of PSV v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC at the same time, it will be a tough choice.

I am hoping Weiss gets the nod tonight and we see Mak and maybe even Clayton tonight at some stage.

COME ON CITYYYYYYYY!


i hope we dont see clayton and mak tonight, this game is crucial i want to see only experienced players out there with maybe weiss, i even think hed be a bit risky, somethin like this for me

Given
Zabs,Onouha, Dunne/lescott(whichever one isnt playing sunday), Silvinho

De jong Ireland

Weiss/SWP Tevez Petrov

Bellamy


I hope we do, cause I wouldn't start them or even put them on until we were in line for a cricket score.


ah right i get you!!! i just want us to win, im sick of us always been on the bad end of upsets in the cup!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7056
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:27 am

Great first opportunity to show everyone that we mean business. We all know that we're on Sky for the one reason & that is for a potential upset. Professional job required tonight let's get in there & get the game beyond them as quickly as possible giving the opportunity to rest a few later on in the game.

I was working away in Cardiff last week and was sat in the bar listening to a couple of Southern based gents who were saying how much they were looking forward to seeing us play - with the hope of gloating over a defeat.

Put another marker down tonight & let's shut the fuck-wits up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby ant london » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:28 am

Personally I'd play


--------------------------Taylor---------------------------
Zabaleta---------Onuoha---McGivern-----------Bridge
------------------------De Jong---------------------------
Weiss------------Ireland------Barry--------------Petrov
------------------------Bellamy----------------------------

I'd then use the following as substitutions as long as all is going well

Trippier (for Zabba)
Clayton (for Stevie)
Mak (for Bellers)

I'd also have Tevez and Adebayor on the bench and bring them on if things not going so well for Petrov and Bellamy, shift Barry left and play 4-1-3-2
Image
User avatar
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11534
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Almaty
Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 am

Same XI that started at Blackburn for me. Sub key players at 4-0 up.

Not on telly here, funnily enough, so will be looking for a stream.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11135
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby ja0005 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 am

Professional display needed tonight. Play a very strong team, maybe including Miami. Have a real go and get a good lead, then we can start bringing the kids in. HOpefully 3-0 at half time, but its going to be difficult. Everyone is wanting us to lose this one.
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: M43

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 am

ja0005 wrote:Professional display needed tonight. Play a very strong team, maybe including Miami. Have a real go and get a good lead, then we can start bringing the kids in. HOpefully 3-0 at half time, but its going to be difficult. Everyone is wanting us to lose this one.


Miami?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7056
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 am

Dubciteh wrote:
ja0005 wrote:Professional display needed tonight. Play a very strong team, maybe including Miami. Have a real go and get a good lead, then we can start bringing the kids in. HOpefully 3-0 at half time, but its going to be difficult. Everyone is wanting us to lose this one.


Miami?




haha.....Miami....Weiss
Image
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:27 am

Is this on normal tv?
Image
User avatar
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7619
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Leigh/South Stand 116
Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Is this on normal tv?


No, it will be on gay network.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?


Mark Radcliffe
User avatar
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40227
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Deep in the pimp game
Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am

Beanieboy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
ja0005 wrote:Professional display needed tonight. Play a very strong team, maybe including Miami. Have a real go and get a good lead, then we can start bringing the kids in. HOpefully 3-0 at half time, but its going to be difficult. Everyone is wanting us to lose this one.


Miami?




haha.....Miami....Weiss


Oh you two...to the back of the bus.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30268
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby DunneyMonster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am

I think we will see:

-------------------Taylor-----------------
Onuoha----Toure----Lescott-------Bridge
----------Zabaletta-----De Jong-----------
Weiss--------------------------------Petrov
-------------------Tevez---------------------

Lescott needs to play as he's missed the last 2 games and he needs to play with Toure. The rest are mainly the ones who haven't started yet and Tevez needs match practice. Still a very strong side.
User avatar
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:04 pm
Location: Hazel Grove
Supporter of: City!

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Same XI that started at Blackburn for me. Sub key players at 4-0 up.

Not on telly here, funnily enough, so will be looking for a stream.


I'm with you Tokyo, more or less. No need for this 'games for the sake of it' nonsense. We need to win.

Taylor needs to stay on the bench as long as Given can walk, from what we saw in SA.

Lescott and Sylvy not involved apparently.

Tevez still needs games, so I would play him and use Bellers on Sunday from the off because of all his running.

Otherwise only rest anyone if they've got a knock.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15001
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:17 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Is this on normal tv?


No, it will be on gay network.


So you're a subscriber NQDP ?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
User avatar
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5389
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:35 am
Location: Isle of Man

Next

Return to Match Day Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests