IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:17 am

The very definition of solid win!

Palace gave it all their huff and puff first off, could have gone either way, palace clearly told to give it there all while they had a chance!

city goal goes in, city start to carve palace open and ask questions of them!

The best being "what do you mean this is all you've got?"

Expensive foreign signing off the mark, another clean sheet, away from home, a win in the capital where we've always been poor

best of all the most exciting bit, we're in the 3rd round draw

ciao!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Potential gained by signing Lescott is obvious but right now, imo, we've got 2 talented CB's who've got absolutely no understanding & several RB's who are positionally dodgy & all need help from the CB's who are going to be too busy sorting their own games out to give it. We've got a potentially fantastic team but imo we're now a lot less likely to beat Arsenal & Utd than we were this morning.

On the plus side & giving myself a pat on the back, the scenario that I called at corner kicks (Lescott causing interference leaving Tevez etc free to sneak in) has already happened & it's clear that Lescott's movement causes all kinds of problems & is a different class to what Dunney offered us. I'm confident that my other prediction (RSC to cause big problems at corners alongside Lescott) will also come true & we'll be very dangerous, at long last, in that department. That will make a big big difference to us in the future.

I can just see it - Lescott on the near post, Santa on the far post - our midget attackers bombing in through the middle as SWP/Gaz Baz drops a peach of a ball inbetween the two decoys.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Fuck me.... 5 wins on the trot now... after we have won on Sunday (hehehe) we will have already won as many points from away games in 2 aways games as we did all of last season.

What a season this could turn out to be if we keep this momentum going... and to think that the team only had such little time to play together, I am amazed how well we click already... it's only going to get better I think.

See, this is the lack of quality we have to entertain these days.

Last season we got 11 points away from home, wins at Sunderland and Everton, draws at Blackburn, Fulham, Liverpool, Hull and Newcastle. So far this season we have 3 points away from home. I know it's a shithole of a ground, but since when do they award 8 points for winning at Fratton Park?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads