IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Anyone going tonight?? I know its on telly but I`m going and looking forward to it.

3/0 City.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 pm

john68 wrote:
Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:It all seems a little over emotional for you this afternoon Mate. In need of a little excitment?
We have raped, and had a little jump up and down, stamped our feet and attempted to debate my sexuality. Sorry mate but all a bit over reactive.
Let's start again...just for you....cos I'm nice like that.
My prediction and view that we could take 15 points in the next 5 games was reliant on us playing our best 11 available. It has nothing to do with the size of my willie or other dangly bits. Noe did it include us playing Ladty Gaga in any position either. Just quite simply our best 11 players in their best positions.
Tonight we play a lower league side. The rewsult will not be affected by the size of my erection or the colour of your lipstick. It will be decided on who we pick to play in a blue shirt.
We have a need to give some of our younger players match time...(we agree on this) We also have a need to ENSURE we give ourselves the BEST chance of winning the tie.
By winning the tie in a proffessional manner thus diminishing thr risk...ANY RISK...WE FULLFILL BOTH NEEDS.
Thought through enough for you?

I do however love it when you show passion...we must discuss your bollocks in another thread sometime soon.....:-)

Again wahh wahh fucking wahh. I will make you a deal, I will head to the tote right now and put lets say, $500 on a City win, you go down and put £250 on a City win. Come on john, show you BELIEVE typical City is dead instead of reasoning how 11 best players available and such bollocks.

excitment, Noe, Ladty, rewsult, proffessional, thr, FULLFILL? Invest in a spellchecker man.

Hahaha...Your very emotional today?...In need of a cuddle?

I'll take that as a no then.

Just like the Mercer thread, the coward shows he is not so much blue as yellow.

Your attempt to turn it onto me and ignore the post because of the man(and I use the term loosely) you are or aren't are pathetic really.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Hahaha...I do hope you are not taking yourself too seriously here Mate. That would be very sad.
I am sorry but I am sat here with a big grin, having a chuckle.

I had no idea that your attempts at attacking my ego were supposed to wind me up. Sorry mate..but it is water off a duck's back.

The mercer thread was what it was, an attempt to move a stale debate onto new ground. It was along time ago and I put that baggage down shortly after. The debate was going round in circles and repetetive. Digging it up now does seem a little desperate and sad though.
I dealt with my ego many years ago and am quite comfortable with whatever testosterone levels i am left with.

If you have taken anything I have posted (misspelt or otherwise) more seriously than it was meant, I apologise, I really thought you were indulging in a bit of light hearted banter and thought you could take it as such.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 pm

History shows it's the third round of the cup we have problems with. Not the 2nd.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 pm

john68 wrote:Hahaha...I do hope you are not taking yourself too seriously here Mate. That would be very sad.
I am sorry but I am sat here with a big grin, having a chuckle.

I had no idea that your attempts at attacking my ego were supposed to wind me up. Sorry mate..but it is water off a duck's back.

The mercer thread was what it was, an attempt to move a stale debate onto new ground. It was along time ago and I put that baggage down shortly after. The debate was going round in circles and repetetive. Digging it up now does seem a little desperate and sad though.
I dealt with my ego many years ago and am quite comfortable with whatever testosterone levels i am left with.

If you have taken anything I have posted (misspelt or otherwise) more seriously than it was meant, I apologise, I really thought you were indulging in a bit of light hearted banter and thought you could take it as such.

How much do you want to write before you answer what I asked? How many excuses and 'measured responses' do you want to label out? Do you believe what you post or not? If you believe Typical City should be buried, then not placing a bet would be ludicrous...honestly you would be throwing good money away, right?

I have really attempted in this post not to even allude to attacking your 'manhood' for fear you will use that as an excuse to AGAIN not answer. Honestly, I fear this little paragraph may be my downfall for the FOURTH time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Give it a rest you pair of tarts. this is the matchday thread, not the "lets have a bitch fest" thread.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm meant to be in work at 2149 tonight, but just discovered my golf partner is on the later night turn starting at 2316. If the bastard ever answers the phone, a little swap deal might be on the cards so I can watch the full ninety before I sod off to help keep the nation moving. Mind you he is an armchair, so he might be less than helpful. And I always thrash him at Golf!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm

fucking BORED in work.

FINISH
HOME
SCRAN
PUB
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Slim,
I think I have made my view quite plain but will happily go through it again.
In the terms of this topic, I want City to play their best team that is available in order to ensure we win through the tie. At whatever point it is considered to be won, then and only then should we play anything other than our best 11 available. I consider that to be a proffessional and logical approach.
That was the whole point I was making....nothing more.

There is nothing in that view that can be concieved as anything other than what it is...So whatever Waaaaaing you heard was all in your head. What the fuck going down to the bookies has got to do with that, I have no idea. If you consider it braver or more manly to play the youngsters to make it more exciting that is your view, I will save my excitement for the final whistle and the trip to Wembley.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm

john68 wrote:Slim,
I think I have made my view quite plain but will happily go through it again.
In the terms of this topic, I want City to play their best team that is available in order to ensure we win through the tie. At whatever point it is considered to be won, then and only then should we play anything other than our best 11 available. I consider that to be a proffessional and logical approach.
That was the whole point I was making....nothing more.

There is nothing in that view that can be concieved as anything other than what it is...So whatever Waaaaaing you heard was all in your head. What the fuck going down to the bookies has got to do with that, I have no idea. If you consider it braver or more manly to play the youngsters to make it more exciting that is your view, I will save my excitement for the final whistle and the trip to Wembley.

Four times, I should have known. Forget it, you aren't worth it. Like trying to nail jelly to the wall.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:05 pm

Slim,
Maybe next time you take a trip to cloud cuckoo land, you will buy a return ticket too.

Go back and read your early post...the one that said..."I WOULDN'T START THEM [WEISS, MAK AND CLAYTON] UNTIL WE WERE IN LINE FOR A CRICKET SCORE".
Which part of my post of: "play out strongest team until the game is won and then bring on the subs" do you find disagrees with your view?

Which bit of my comment about ensuring the game was WON, conflicts with WINNING MENTALITY? I would suggest that it confirms it

Get off yer high horse and try reading the words before going off half cock.

In fact I think you are being more cowardly in your view of waiting until we had a cricket score before bringing the kids on.
Oh and by the way...you also attacked Stevedon for agreeing with you too.

Put your pea shooter and catapult away they don't impress me....and you only serve to make yourself look an idiot when get hormonal.
john68

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 pm

john68 wrote:Slim,
Maybe next time you take a trip to cloud cuckoo land, you will buy a return ticket too.

Go back and read your early post...the one that said..."I WOULDN'T START THEM [WEISS, MAK AND CLAYTON] UNTIL WE WERE IN LINE FOR A CRICKET SCORE".
Which part of my post of: "play out strongest team until the game is won and then bring on the subs" do you find disagrees with your view?

Which bit of my comment about ensuring the game was WON, conflicts with WINNING MENTALITY? I would suggest that it confirms it

Get off yer high horse and try reading the words before going off half cock.

In fact I think you are being more cowardly in your view of waiting until we had a cricket score before bringing the kids on.
Oh and by the way...you also attacked Stevedon for agreeing with you too.

Put your pea shooter and catapult away they don't impress me....and you only serve to make yourself look an idiot when get hormonal.

You PM'd me and I replied and said it wasn't worth wasting my time on you. You replied to this thread and I said forget it cause you weren't worth it. And somehow that launched you into a tirade that showed you aren't the one engaged in light hearted banter...such as you claimed in the PM. You know when I said you didn't understand the concept of conversation? I didn't really need you to give me more proof of the subject.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 pm

When two as old as slim and john argue like kids I feel like a baby..

We need a new match thread..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Anyway....I hope we play the strongest team possible. Seen it go tits up too many times before, including twice last season. No more please City.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Treat every round like a freaking cup final for gawd's sake - no experimenting until the game is as good as won.

COME ON YOU (SKY) BLUES
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

May I dare go for an unofficial:

Palace 0 v 4 Mighty Blues

Come On City!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Trautmann » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Live on Setanta Canada 12 noon on the west coast

No banana skins please...long periods of City dominance, resulting in lots of goals would be nice
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Could anybody here suggest me how to watch Palace game on streming tonight?
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Could anybody here suggest me how to watch Palace game on streming tonight?

look out for vhero's stream thread, or check http://www.justin.tv mate.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Nice one. I can watch the whole game before work. No extra time and pennos please City.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads