IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: IT'S CUP DAY!!! Official Palace v City Match thread.

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 am

Good luck to everyone travelling down for tonight, and good luck to leslie and the lads as well!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

MEN say Lescott is definitely a no go for tonight...something to do with more paperwork to be finalised
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 am

Can you hear that?

Yeah thats the faint noise of the knives being sharpened by the press.
We better win.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby simon12 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 am

King Kev wrote:Wemberleee, Wemberleee, we're the famous Man City and we're going to Wemberleeee!!

Long over due...No messing about like last year. Play full strength in every game this will gain continuity. The derbys only a couple of games away as well
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby adebayor25 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:48 am

ant london wrote:Personally I'd play

--------------------------Taylor---------------------------
Zabaleta---------Onuoha---McGivern-----------Bridge
------------------------De Jong---------------------------
Weiss------------Ireland------Barry--------------Petrov
------------------------Bellamy----------------------------

I'd then use the following as substitutions as long as all is going well

Trippier (for Zabba)
Clayton (for Stevie)
Mak (for Bellers)

I'd also have Tevez and Adebayor on the bench and bring them on if things not going so well for Petrov and Bellamy, shift Barry left and play 4-1-3-2

id for that aswell.

also anyone who wants to go but havnt got a ticket, you can pay at the turnstile. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... -the-night
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 am

lets start with our strongest side, and then go to bring some other ones on when we are a couple of goals up. i hate it when people want young uns to come in, ffs we need to beat palace and go on to the later stages of the cup.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:26 am

1...Best team available.
2...Proffessional job.
3...Once the game's won and not before...Bring on subs.
4...Through to the next round.
5...Job done.
6...John68...thouroughly satisfied.

I shall expect my usual text KK....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:lets start with our strongest side, and then go to bring some other ones on when we are a couple of goals up. i hate it when people want young uns to come in, ffs we need to beat palace and go on to the later stages of the cup.

Yeah, damn us for wanting opportunities for homegrown talent. We should just close the academy and rape 3rd world countries of their best and brightest every year.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am

Sorry Slim but that was a bit OTT...Surely getting through to the next round is of primary importance and we should go about doing so in a proffessional manner.
No need to go "raping".
Just a simple, uncomplicated get the job done 1st. Then we can bring on our youngsters, who will be able to express themselves and play without unecessary pressure.

Cosidering the position we are in as No1 target for the media hit men, do we really want to give them any further oportunities to beat us round the bollocks?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 am

I would play

-----------------Given

Zaba-------Dunne------Nedum----Sylvia

Vlad-------Ireland-------Bazza-----Petrov

-----------Tev------------Ade

Subs - Taylor, Toure, Bridge, De Jong, SWP, Robbie, Bellers

Think Tevez needs a full game under his belt, so around 60 mins mark I'd take Ireland, Bazza and Ade off for any of De Jong, SWP, Robbie, or Bellers. Injuries permitting obviously.

that should see us through comfortably.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby svengali » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:38 am

Looks like we could be going full strength for this and Lescott could make his debut.

There will be no medals handed out at the Palace tonight but the Blues will be hoping to take a step nearer some cherished silverware.

Neil Warnock’s championship side stand between City and a place in the third round of a competition that has already produced two winning entries in the club’s history books.

Boss Mark Hughes is expecting a tough battle against Neil Warnock’s side and he is likely to roll out his big names for the tie at Selhurst Park.

Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure may not have seen too much Carling Cup action while with Arsenal but both are included in a squad that has no fresh injuries from the win over Wolves that continued the Blues unbeaten start to the season and left them the only Premier League club yet to concede a goal.

New signing Sylvinho will not be eligible for the tie because international clearance for the former Barcelona star came through too late for him to figure, but all of Joleon Lescott's paperwork has been completed and the England international could make his City debut.

After losing to Brighton at the first hurdle last season, Hughes is determined that there will be no repeat twelve months on and has already stressed the importance of the competition to his squad .

“There is expectation but we are enjoying that and the Carling Cup is the next match on the agenda,” he said.

“We are looking to do well in the competition especially as we have not got Europe this year so we have one fewer trophy at which to aim.

“It is a difficult tie. We know that any side of Mr Warnock’s will have a certain way of playing and a certain attitude about them which is a reflection of the manager. It is not going to be easy, far from it. We are not going to take the tie lightly.

“We will go there with a strong side. There are two views on these things. You can possibly give game time to guys that need it because we are so early in the season and maybe some of them need a little bit more actual playing time.

“On the other hand you can say let’s be really strong and hopefully start really well and get the game put to bed and then you make changes and give people opportunities.

“So there are two schools of thought and I know which one I am erring towards.

“Which one? Everyone will find out tonight. We are not in bad shape injury wise. And they have all already been told how important we regard this tie and this competition.”
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:19 am

john68 wrote:Sorry Slim but that was a bit OTT...Surely getting through to the next round is of primary importance and we should go about doing so in a proffessional manner.
No need to go "raping".
Just a simple, uncomplicated get the job done 1st. Then we can bring on our youngsters, who will be able to express themselves and play without unecessary pressure.

Cosidering the position we are in as No1 target for the media hit men, do we really want to give them any further oportunities to beat us round the bollocks?

Wahhh wahhh wahhh, grow a pair. FFS it's Palace and if we are gonna bury this fucking lodestone, we have to start believing we have already won this. You are trembling so much I can hear you pissing yourself from here, I seem to remember someone banking 15 points from 15 before those games were even played, where are your bollocks now?

You want to be a winner, it's YOUR attitude that needs adjustment, not mine.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 am

ant london wrote:Personally I'd play

--------------------------Taylor---------------------------
Zabaleta---------Onuoha---McGivern-----------Bridge
------------------------De Jong---------------------------
Weiss------------Ireland------Barry--------------Petrov
------------------------Bellamy----------------------------

I'd then use the following as substitutions as long as all is going well

Trippier (for Zabba)
Clayton (for Stevie)
Mak (for Bellers)

I'd also have Tevez and Adebayor on the bench and bring them on if things not going so well for Petrov and Bellamy, shift Barry left and play 4-1-3-2

Come on Ant. Normally the voice of reason and common sense, you have let your standards slip with this effort. Pre deciding substitutions is for the very youngest shavers.
My own view is that the advatage we carry into this match is the huge gulf in quality of our players over theirs'. So don't toss that away by playing anything less than the very best possible eleven.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 am

Yes I do.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 am

Get the job done and then give em some time.
I don't think De Jong would be the worst idea tonight. A bit of steel in the midfield might be in order against a Warnock style brawling outfit.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Oh dear Slim...Am I right in thinking that in between raping 3rd World countries of their youth and attempting to open a duscussion regarding my genitalia, you are adjusting your make up and checking your high heels match your handbag and frock? Your anger is mildly amusing though....:-)

The whole point of playing this game is to win it. Why be stupid and take unecessary chances for no apparent logical reason.
No game is a foregone conclusion...win it then allow the likes of Weiss to express themselves without an fear losing the tie.

Before leaving the house, ensure your knicker line is invisible...I always do.
john68

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 pm

john68 wrote:Oh dear Slim...Am I right in thinking that in between raping 3rd World countries of their youth and attempting to open a duscussion regarding my genitalia, you are adjusting your make up and checking your high heels match your handbag and frock? Your anger is mildly amusing though....:-)

The whole point of playing this game is to win it. Why be stupid and take unecessary chances for no apparent logical reason.
No game is a foregone conclusion...win it then allow the likes of Weiss to express themselves without an fear losing the tie.

Before leaving the house, ensure your knicker line is invisible...I always do.

All I heard was wahhh wahhh wahhh, are you sure you are still a man or do you have some sort of lady gaga thing going on in your nethers? You want a winning attitude yet when it comes down to it you don't even believe your own hype. You think we will win or lose this tie based on the inclusion of one or two younger players? I could argue that they will match the hunger of the lower division side as this would be their opportunity to impress. You know this is a big game for 11 palace players, where is the harm in having it be a big game for a couple of the City players too?

Then again, like your Clueless debates of last season, you never really thought anything through from the other direction. One eyed, no bollocks. Fuck sake john you are missing bits all over.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 pm

It all seems a little over emotional for you this afternoon Mate. In need of a little excitment?
We have raped, and had a little jump up and down, stamped our feet and attempted to debate my sexuality. Sorry mate but all a bit over reactive.
Let's start again...just for you....cos I'm nice like that.
My prediction and view that we could take 15 points in the next 5 games was reliant on us playing our best 11 available. It has nothing to do with the size of my willie or other dangly bits. Noe did it include us playing Ladty Gaga in any position either. Just quite simply our best 11 players in their best positions.
Tonight we play a lower league side. The rewsult will not be affected by the size of my erection or the colour of your lipstick. It will be decided on who we pick to play in a blue shirt.
We have a need to give some of our younger players match time...(we agree on this) We also have a need to ENSURE we give ourselves the BEST chance of winning the tie.
By winning the tie in a proffessional manner thus diminishing thr risk...ANY RISK...WE FULLFILL BOTH NEEDS.
Thought through enough for you?

I do however love it when you show passion...we must discuss your bollocks in another thread sometime soon.....:-)
john68

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

john68 wrote:It all seems a little over emotional for you this afternoon Mate. In need of a little excitment?
We have raped, and had a little jump up and down, stamped our feet and attempted to debate my sexuality. Sorry mate but all a bit over reactive.
My prediction and view that we could take 15 points in the next 5 games was reliant on us playing our best 11 available. It has nothing to do with the size of my willie or other dangly bits. Noe did it include us playing Ladty Gaga in any position either. Just quite simply our best 11 players in their best positions.
Tonight we play a lower league side. The rewsult will not be affected by the size of my erection or the colour of your lipstick. It will be decided on who we pick to play in a blue shirt.
We have a need to give some of our younger players match time...(we agree on this) We also have a need to ENSURE we give ourselves the BEST chance of winning the tie.
By winning the tie in a proffessional manner thus diminishing thr risk...ANY RISK...WE FULLFILL BOTH NEEDS.

I do however love it when you show passion...we must discuss your bollocks in another thread sometime soon.....:-)

Again wahh wahh fucking wahh. I will make you a deal, I will head to the tote right now and put lets say, $500 on a City win, you go down and put £250 on a City win. Come on john, show you BELIEVE typical City is dead instead of reasoning how 11 best players available and such bollocks.

excitment, Noe, Ladty, rewsult, proffessional, thr, FULLFILL? Invest in a spellchecker man.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:It all seems a little over emotional for you this afternoon Mate. In need of a little excitment?

Again wahh wahh fucking wahh. I will make you a deal, I will head to the tote right now and put lets say, $500 on a City win, you go down and put £250 on a City win. Come on john, show you BELIEVE typical City is dead instead of reasoning how 11 best players available and such bollocks.

excitment, Noe, Ladty, rewsult, proffessional, thr, FULLFILL? Invest in a spellchecker man.

Hahaha...Your very emotional today?...In need of a cuddle?
john68

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads