***Official FA Cup - Leicester v City Match Thread***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***Official FA Cup - Leicester v City Match Thread***

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Is it just me, or does this team need another Silva?? I mean not of world class quality, but we are lost without
a play maker of his quality.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:10 pm

CitizenYank wrote:Is it just me, or does this team need another Silva?? I mean not of world class quality, but we are lost without

That's my one remaining wish for the transfer window, another attacking midfielder.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:10 pm

CitizenYank wrote:Is it just me, or does this team need another Silva?? I mean not of world class quality, but we are lost without

Nope, not just you.

Mind you, whilst we needed it against Arsenal, it wasn't as evident today, because we actually attacked for nearly half the game and used width and hoofing as a means to win. There's nothing Silva or anyone else of similar ilk could've done.
Original Dub

Postby BadKompany » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm

What the fuck is wrong with Mancini if he can't see just how bad Jo is?

Boateng is another,shocking player,where's the bloke who played at the WC?
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm

VanDerVart 20 million offer.

dont care if its giving spuds money, dont care that they only paid 7/8. He is amazing.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Nope, not just you.

Mind you, whilst we needed it against Arsenal, it wasn't as evident today, because we actually attacked for nearly half the game and used width and hoofing as a means to win. There's nothing Silva or anyone else of similar ilk could've done.

Yes and there is NO ONE willing to stay on our bench with than type of talent. Not even the Scum or Chelsea are that deep.
So that does make me feel warm inside.
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Postby citytilidie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm

i love de jong, but for £80k a week or whatever he is on, even as a defensive mid, you should be able to bury that chance he had
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Sorry but I'm furious with Hart. Having made the initial fumble he behaved like a wimp in trying to prevent the goal. It cost us the match. Jo was his usual disgrace. Hopefully he'll never start a match again. Ditto SWP who needs a move. Was Kolarov taken off; I didn't think so. In which why didn't he take the free kick late on from the right hand side? It was tailored made for one of his deadly inswingers.

Clearly lots of work on aerial defence which was dire but we had plenty of easy chances to win: Johnson, De Jong and Tevez missed one each from memory.

One good point. We're still in the Cup.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:18 pm

God we our pissy. Jesus. 5 years ago we'd be 'chuffed' by the results. This takes time, folks.
This was the Derby game for Nottingham coached by one of the best in the game. I am PROUD of our club.
Let's not drown the baby in the bathwater.

Let's not act like a bunch of spoiled cunts.
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:25 pm

For all the deserved praise Bob has had for doing a great job getting us to 2nd in the league so far, he is absolutely fucking rubbish in games like this. He showed it in both cups last season, fucked us up in the League Cup & is very lucky not to have fucked us up in this one. When will he learn? The number of things wrong was almost impossible to count.

Wholesale changes in all areas but particularly weakening us aerially by playing the two aerially weak fullbacks against an aerially strong team & then also changing the defensive midfield in front of them. It made the team utterly disorganised, everyone nervous & then when we did get confident, start passing & get our game together & start to play as a team; he fucking changed it again!!

Just keep it simple & pick players who are suitable for the job in hand. You're a lucky man Bob, learn from it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby david yearsley » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Sorry but I watched Evilscum yesterday and they were at it from the first minute. There was no way they were losing to a similar team in Scunny and they battered them. They looked like they really want to win this fucler whereas we played like pussies with no balls 2nd half. Shite , shite and utter shite are the only words I can come up with for that last 45. At least play like you really fuclin want it . Well done to the fans there - great tribute to Nelly - pity the team couldn´t raise it a notch or 2 for him as well
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Happy with that result. We could have lost out today but i guess that's cup games for you.

We will have them at Eastlands if Mancini learns one lesson...

Don't play fuckin' Jo!!!!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

CitizenYank wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Boateng and Kolorov - 2 massive disappointments so far.

Kolarov has been decent but has not really shined as for the other lad

Outside of a couple runs up the side, Kolorav has been nonexistent this game.

Agreed; I don't know whats with all this hate for Boateng
At least he can link up better with his own teammates
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:ha! got to love sol bamba's scottish accent!

Yeah
I wonder how long he's been in Edinburgh?
More or less than the Danish player with the thick Scouse accent?
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:43 pm

The more I think about this game, the more it points to Mancini. I love the guy, but something tells me
if we had been better prepared all of this would have been unavoidable.

BTW I hated the announcer today, at one point he was laughing at us (not that we didn't deserve it.
Wish I knew his name.
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:59 pm

CLASSIC CUP GAME.. JUDGING BY A LOT OF THE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE!

BOO BOYS OUT IN FORCE BECAUSE WE DREW. FFS THERE ARE SOME MARD ARSED PEOPLE AROUND.

as you were.. carry on.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm

brite blu sky wrote:CLASSIC CUP GAME.. JUDGING BY A LOT OF THE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE!

BOO BOYS OUT IN FORCE BECAUSE WE DREW. FFS THERE ARE SOME MARD ARSED PEOPLE AROUND.

as you were.. carry on.

Seen plenty of them. Some, when we played like today, we've been knocked out. Ohers when we've played well, we've won comfortably. For the standard of players at our disposal, today was poor. If it had been Joe Royle's side, or Mel Machin's or frank Clark's I would have been satisfied, but it's not.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:CLASSIC CUP GAME.. JUDGING BY A LOT OF THE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE!

as you were.. carry on.

Seen plenty of them. Some, when we played like today, we've been knocked out. Ohers when we've played well, we've won comfortably. For the standard of players at our disposal, today was poor. If it had been Joe Royle's side, or Mel Machin's or frank Clark's I would have been satisfied, but it's not.

We weren't knocked out, credit to Leicester, they played a classic cup tie and challenged for everything, we did wimp out it's true, they got us on the back foot and did a good job of trying to keep us there, we never settled down, we never got control.. classic cup stuff. We made a mistake and it goes to a replay.

In reference to the undercurrent of what you say, Mancini has yet to learn about english football, particularly the cups, so have the players. How do you imagine that they go about that? i would also have been happy if that had been Frank Clark's team.. less so Joe Royle.. but the big difference is that both those managers had a lot more experience of english cup ties.. so the point is mute imo. Mancini has to learn these things. I trust he will and it will make him better.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:33 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

as you were.. carry on.

We weren't knocked out, credit to Leicester, they played a classic cup tie and challenged for everything, we did wimp out it's true, they got us on the back foot and did a good job of trying to keep us there, we never settled down, we never got control.. classic cup stuff. We made a mistake and it goes to a replay.

In reference to the undercurrent of what you say, Mancini has yet to learn about english football, particularly the cups, so have the players. How do you imagine that they go about that? i would also have been happy if that had been Frank Clark's team.. less so Joe Royle.. but the big difference is that both those managers had a lot more experience of english cup ties.. so the point is mute imo. Mancini has to learn these things. I trust he will and it will make him better.

I wish he'd hurry up up because I see our biggest obstacles to winning it as; 1) rest of top 5, 2) Everton, 3) Mancini fucking about.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:42 pm

CitizenYank wrote:God we our pissy. Jesus. 5 years ago we'd be 'chuffed' by the results. This takes time, folks.
This was the Derby game for Nottingham coached by one of the best in the game. I am PROUD of our club.
Let's not drown the baby in the bathwater.

Let's not act like a bunch of spoiled cunts.

some of what your on please
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads