***Official Match Thread City-Sunderland***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

***Official Match Thread City-Sunderland***

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 am

Huge game this and an absolute must win.

8 matches left and we probably need about 14points to clinch a Champions Lge place and this is definitely one of those I have down as a win if we are to achieve that.

What does everyone think the team should be?

Predictions for the game?

----------------------------Hart

Zabaleta-------Kompany-------Lescott-------Kolarov

------------------De Jong-----Barry

A. Johnson-----------Yaya Toure----------Silva

--------------------------Tevez

I reckon it'll be nervy at times but 2-0 to City.
Last edited by Mark Garrett on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176


(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1980
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Merseyside
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:34 am

I've got a feeling we're going to bury them tomorrow.
Image
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 pm
Supporter of: City

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:36 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I've got a feeling we're going to bury them tomorrow.


We'll have our work cut out there, we don't play them till Sunday ;)
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176


(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1980
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Merseyside
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 am

I've got a feeling we will draw or lose this one because Mancini will be too petrified to have a go and will deploy 3 DMFs.
Sunderland will have a real go and scrape a goal towards the end... script is already written.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
User avatar
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Beeks » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:11 am

Mark Garrett wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I've got a feeling we're going to bury them tomorrow.


We'll have our work cut out there, we don't play them till Sunday ;)


Bury them Saturday...chances are we will win Sunday ;-)
Image
User avatar
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7619
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Leigh/South Stand 116
Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:30 am

I'd be tempted to play AJ, Silva, Nutjob in the three with Tevez upfront & Milner + DeJong in deep mdfield. He'll play Yaya though & tbf, Yaya had a decent 30 mins in the away game v them.


I take it this is an unofficial thread & therefore nothing we say really counts?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am

Unleash the Balo and give him a shot at redemption. I'm sure we'll see a great game from the lad.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18333
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 am

Gonna have to get tight to Gyan and keep that little tart Richardson quiet.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22488
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am

Hart

Zabba Kompany Lescott Kolarov

De Jong Milner

Silva Ya Ya Johnson

Tevez


Go for the throat, with AJ and Silva the keys to getting behind them. Mancini will pick Barry though and prob Milner where AJ is lined up above. Sunderland are right there for the taking for us - must win.
User avatar
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6002
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Manchester Born and Bred, City by the Grace of God

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

Hart
Zabs
Komps
Lescott
Kolarov
Milner
Silva
De Jong
AJ
Tevez
Dzeko
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22488
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Duckman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm

[youtube]F3LE9WDeCh4&feature=feedu[/youtube]
private dick/family man
User avatar
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 am
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Back to the bread and butter....it seems ages since we had a look at the league situation.

Taking into consideration the games in hand, we potentially sit 10pts behind the rags, 8pts behind Arsenal, 4pts behind Chelsea and 2pts above Spurs....losing touch with those above us and not far enough ahead of Spurs below for comfort. With the rags, Chelsea and Spurs all away at West ham, Stoke and Wigan respectively, any slip ups will be more than welcomed to ease our plight. Then it is up to us to get the points against Sunderland. Anything less and we could be in trouble.
We can't afford to lose...simple as that.
Many of the players are rested and Micah apart, we seem to be fit and ready for the run in. The season restarts here and Mancini's head is on the block...he knows it and so do the players. It is our chance to make a mark and set the tone for the final set of games.

City to win handsomely and no fuck ups....2-0/3-0...maybe even more.
[center]I know that you believe that you understood what you think I wrote, but I am not sure you realise that what you read is not what I meant.[/center]
User avatar
john68
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13995
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay...wastin' time.
Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby bigblue » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm

We've had a good rest and our injury problems at the back should force us to attack. Time to score 6 or 7. Unleash the beast
User avatar
bigblue
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7744
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:52 pm

john68 wrote:Back to the bread and butter....it seems ages since we had a look at the league situation.

Taking into consideration the games in hand, we potentially sit 10pts behind the rags, 8pts behind Arsenal, 4pts behind Chelsea and 2pts above Spurs....losing touch with those above us and not far enough ahead of Spurs below for comfort. With the rags, Chelsea and Spurs all away at West ham, Stoke and Wigan respectively, any slip ups will be more than welcomed to ease our plight. Then it is up to us to get the points against Sunderland. Anything less and we could be in trouble.
We can't afford to lose...simple as that.
Many of the players are rested and Micah apart, we seem to be fit and ready for the run in. The season restarts here and Mancini's head is on the block...he knows it and so do the players. It is our chance to make a mark and set the tone for the final set of games.

City to win handsomely and no fuck ups....2-0/3-0...maybe even more.



Same for me a 2 nil win and I expect a great team attitude.Nothing else matters than the City results,get the right ones and everything else falls into place.If Spurs want to make it a tad easier I won't complain.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10169
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby mcfc/wire » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm confident about this one . I think the internationals came at the right time for us .

Plus we better win as im missing Warrington v Catalans because its a Sunday game . Don't you just hate SKY pisssing about with the fixtures .
mcfc/wire
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Warrington
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Tommy Caton

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Goataldo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john68 wrote:Back to the bread and butter....it seems ages since we had a look at the league situation.

Taking into consideration the games in hand, we potentially sit 10pts behind the rags, 8pts behind Arsenal, 4pts behind Chelsea and 2pts above Spurs....losing touch with those above us and not far enough ahead of Spurs below for comfort. With the rags, Chelsea and Spurs all away at West ham, Stoke and Wigan respectively, any slip ups will be more than welcomed to ease our plight. Then it is up to us to get the points against Sunderland. Anything less and we could be in trouble.
We can't afford to lose...simple as that.
Many of the players are rested and Micah apart, we seem to be fit and ready for the run in. The season restarts here and Mancini's head is on the block...he knows it and so do the players. It is our chance to make a mark and set the tone for the final set of games.

City to win handsomely and no fuck ups....2-0/3-0...maybe even more.



Same for me a 2 nil win and I expect a great team attitude.Nothing else matters than the City results,get the right ones and everything else falls into place.If Spurs want to make it a tad easier I won't complain.


Buoyed by your confidence gents! I'm already getting ribbed about it from Mackems hoping that Lescott is playing!
User avatar
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: Deep in the woodwork
Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby spiv » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:41 pm

I have one spare ticket in the south stand if anybody needs one £20
Image
User avatar
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:20 pm
Location: Block 217
Supporter of: .

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:15 pm

No zabba he has tweeted that he's cancelled his flight as his father is back on respirator - after the way Gyan skinned Lescott I'm feeling really downbeat :(
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
User avatar
Dunnylad
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Darlington
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Bad news on Zabba. Will have to play Boyata there though he did well at RB against Chelsea. Milne is probably the only other alternative.
User avatar
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6002
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Manchester Born and Bred, City by the Grace of God

Re: City-Sunderland

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Why don't we make this an early ***Official*** thread, it's been 2 weeks afterall?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 33106
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to Match Day Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests